Antonio Brown close to deal with Bucs

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

I guess it only ends well for one team each year, and they are taking their shot. Tommy doesn’t have many shots left to take. They either win..........or they don’t. 

Yeah, I think they don't and he does some other stupid thing.

Just going with the trends.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I think they don't and he does some other stupid thing.

Just going with the trends.

I’m not sure when he’ll even be eligible, but he would be a huge talent boost to almost any team heading into the playoffs. 

Not sure why Tampa wants him given Godwin and Evans unless they are hurt worse than we know.  I know the Bucs lost Howard, but they still have Gronk, and Brate.  It. Didn’t seem worth the trouble, but they are not going to tell us everything.

Maybe he has lost his crazy, or maybe they are placating Brady, but BA doesn’t have a habit of something like that on his teams.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

If Brady wins another SB with the Bucs it will be gross. I have nothing against "process" and "culture" but darn it when will that train of thought supersede the accumulation of known talent and a willingness to take chances to win a championship. Take the Eagles for example. They're a mess right now but 3 years ago they pushed all their chips in and now they have a Lombardi. A trade off all of us would make. It's frustrating because we all want to win the supposed right way with coaching, cap management, high character players and an ethical approach. It's just not working, at least not yet.

I know what you're saying. You want the team to go for it... we all deserve that. 

I mean yes the Steelers and Patriots traditionally have strong talent but they have a culture that allows them to do almost anything and compete year in and year out. These quick fixes, band-aid types move can pay off and get you a chance at the Super Bowl... or you can look like the 2011 Dream Team Eagles or the Los Angeles Rams that have no draft picks, no cap space and no Lombardi trophy. 

The point is to have sustained success... the longer you keep your window open... the better chance you have of winning. That's the thought process... I wouldn't say it isn't working... they've had success with it... it just doesn't happen over night. That's the difference between the two methods. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If it was 2017 Bucs would be unstoppable.  

Since its 2020 I cant wait for AB to not get more than 2 or 3 targets a game all season and implodes that team from within when Miller is getting more targets and catches.

Or hes gonna be amazing and Brady is gonna get another ring.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Bucs shooting further up my chart of annoying teams.  Please let this end somehow with Brady crying tears of unfathomable sadness 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

If Brady wins another SB with the Bucs it will be gross. I have nothing against "process" and "culture" but darn it when will that train of thought supersede the accumulation of known talent and a willingness to take chances to win a championship. Take the Eagles for example. They're a mess right now but 3 years ago they pushed all their chips in and now they have a Lombardi. A trade off all of us would make. It's frustrating because we all want to win the supposed right way with coaching, cap management, high character players and an ethical approach. It's just not working, at least not yet.

As much as I hated Brady for years, I hope he goes to the Super Bowl. 

Not only will it be history in the making I'll never see again (10 for a player) but I'll get to watch BLo get the ultimate revenge when beat him there. It's a win win. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Update the title:

https://theathletic.com/2157936/2020/10/23/antonio-brown-are-bucs-new-super-bowl-favorites-or-is-move-unnecessary-risk?source=user-shared-article

Antonio Brown finally has a new team.

A year after we last saw the four-time first-team All-Pro wideout on the field, Brown agreed to a one-year deal with Tampa Bay on Friday. The agreement reunites him with quarterback Tom Brady, with whom Brown played one game for New England last season.

So he signed right? Nfl.com reverted back to "expected" to sign, but I'm going to assume it's a lazy site rather than drama already starting. This is going to go up in flames. I kind of feel bad for Mike Evans in a way because he's easily the most talented dude on this offense, a Tampa Bay lifer, and now he's taking a back seat to these clowns.

I just saw on NFLN they did come to a one year agreement, but still suspended and in COVID 19 protocol until week 9.  Rappaport stated Brady’s nudging helped push it through.  I don’t know again how relevant this deal is for the team as they already have Godwin, Evans, Brate and Gronk.  That’s a lot of targets so we’ll see.  Personally, I wish the guy would just go away, but whatever.  At least he’s not on the Bills.