Antonio Brown close to deal with Bucs

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

If Brady wins another SB with the Bucs it will be gross. I have nothing against "process" and "culture" but darn it when will that train of thought supersede the accumulation of known talent and a willingness to take chances to win a championship. Take the Eagles for example. They're a mess right now but 3 years ago they pushed all their chips in and now they have a Lombardi. A trade off all of us would make. It's frustrating because we all want to win the supposed right way with coaching, cap management, high character players and an ethical approach. It's just not working, at least not yet.

patience my friend.   build a solid program, and the winning will take care of itself.  McBeanes are killing it.  Just lost to a couple top 5 - top10 teams, not worried about it.  Bills are pretty banged up this season.   Its a long season.   Beat Jets and Pats , and all you fair weather fans are all happy again.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Brady is like a mediocre passer at best at this point in his career so I dont really get it. Whats his avrg yards per game in the air?

I dunno about average air yards per game, but 6.7 completed air yards per completion, 4.3 cay/attempt - both up from 2019/2018

I got to say his passes looked pretty good vs. Green Bay, but despite their good yards-given-up numbers, I'm not sure Green Bay could cover a baby given a blanket.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about average air yards per game, but 6.7 completed air yards per completion, 4.3 cay/attempt - both up from 2019/2018

I got to say his passes looked pretty good vs. Green Bay, but despite their good yards-given-up numbers, I'm not sure Green Bay could cover a baby given a blanket.

...LMAO....Danica approves of this message..................

• Haha (+1) 1

UPDATE !! THE WHINING POS AB IS BACK IN THE NFL !

Isn't it amazing if you have talent or money in the NFL how all the bad stuff just gets pushed to the side even if you are as big a ass bag as this guy has been you can pretty much do what ever you want just give it some time & it all goes away ...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Brady is like a mediocre passer at best at this point in his career so I dont really get it. Whats his avrg yards per game in the air?

Brady is a perfectionist, he is missing his Edelman that runs probably the best routes in the NFL. A Brown also is a great route runner and knows how to get open, Brady loves those types of WR because he is pin point accurate   and trusts his WR will be where he should. I think the Bucs and KC are the best teams in the NFL right now. I’m just glad Brady is out of the division because it is obvious that he was the one that made that Patriots team win.

• Like (+1) 2

Brady is having a very good year, he looks like he could play another  4 years at this current level. Im just glad the Patriots screwed up and let him walk, we have played more than enough games against him.

16 hours ago, Turk71 said:

How do you serve a suspension when you are not on a team or in the league? 

His suspension should start when he is signed to a team imo.

This ^^^

A player cannot be suspended from playing games if said player is not on a team, being that if your not on a team you can’t play... it would be the same as saying a retired or not currently signed player is under suspension... but the NFLs god is money, so there you have it, 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Brady is a perfectionist, he is missing his Edelman that runs probably the best routes in the NFL. A Brown also is a great route runner and knows how to get open, Brady loves those types of WR because he is pin point accurate   and trusts his WR will be where he should. I think the Bucs and KC are the best teams in the NFL right now. I’m just glad Brady is out of the division because it is obvious that he was the one that made that Patriots team win.

Well played Ktulu my friend, well played.  I don’t drink beer often, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis’s.  Brady is playing well.  Several posters hate Brady so much, they have vitriol and understandably for him.  He just beat Rodgers and the undefeated Packers 38-10 last week and they outside of maybe the Hawks were the hottest team in the NFC.

With AB, who I can’t stand as a person, He and BA who coached him in Pitt early in AB’s career may think this is the final spot to win the SB.  Brady doesn’t look like he’s trying to make $, but wants to prove he can win the championship without BB.  If we get our crap worked out, would love to see us face the Bucs in the SB, and beat them.  They just look farther ahead than us.

• Like (+1) 1

Football Outsiders has Brady ranked 7th in the league (overall ranking); he's not nearly as washed up as you seem to think.

DVOA = 17%; DYAR = 416

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Seems like a safe move.by the Bucs. What could go wrong?

This absolutely is a great idea for a 1 year deal, IF:

Tampa had AB independently evaluated by a psychological counselor of their choosing, they feel they understand what his problem WAS, and he is on medication to avoid said problem going forward, and there is language in his K saying he has to take his medication and stay on the mental health program outlined in the K, or else he can immediately be terminated.

Or something like that.

If they have no idea what his problem is or if he is doing anything to avoid past problems, I agree, it's folly.

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Good take, I’ve noticed what appears to be some frustration Brady’s had with Evans as well. The Bucs have great receivers, but Brady is all about precise route running. The Bucs offense has actually been a bit sloppy, and the receivers attention to details hasn’t been great. Brady was starting to build a strong connection with Miller, the slot guy before he got hurt. Brown has the ability to be a guy who can play all over the field, and give Brady something out of the slot position as well. 

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah thats fair I just mean I dont think the strength of bradys arm is carrying a team all the way to the promised land at this point so it seems strange for them to shoot for AB over something else maybe the team needs to shore up.

I looked it up his average air yards is decent through first 6 games i think he is at 280

Damn hate this interview clip.  It almost makes me respect and admire Tom Brady.

I don't entirely believe it.  I think Tom Brady is enmeshed in the Patriots Way of "Ruthless Pursuit of a Competitive Advantage" and if the choice were between Antonio Brown having improved mental and physical well being but staying out of football and getting his "mentals" right VS joining Tom's team and helping them win, Tom would unhesitatingly choose the latter.

But it's such a thoughtful answer and said so sincerely that makes me like Tom Brady a bit more than I did.  And I Hate When That Happens.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:25 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree with everything you write but Brady isnt missing Edleman this year, Edelman looks like garbage in his routes and his hands are suspect, certainly it doesnt help to go from Brady to a washed up Cam Newton but i think this will be  Edelman's  last year.  Brady left when the going was good, he didnt even have to break up his Edelman bromance directly.  The receivers he had in Boston are pitiful compared to what he has now.

• Like (+1) 1