Quinton Spain released; signs with Bengals PS

YoloinOhio

This seems crazy. Just gave the guy a new contract and boom he’s gone. Got to be more to the story fans might never hear. It doesn’t make sense from almost all angles. Even if he asked for release you wouldn’t grant it given the injury issues. You have him earn his job back. Really weird scenario 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Feliciano can come back soon, and Ford gets healthy... i'm ok with this.  Winters needs to stop starting for us, but hes an ok backup.  

I'm hoping we can lock down a long term situation for this OL to play together...  Dawkins, Ford and Morse (under contract) with Feliciano and Williams (potentially new contracts) moving forward.  I think that's a pretty good line that can pass block well and has the toughness to spring our running game.  

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Croom is with the Eagles and scored a touchdown last week.  

This still is a head scratcher. He was a good athlete and showed glimpses but never seemed to get a chance...he's better than Sweeney as an example 

• Like (+1) 3

That's what he gets for giving up all those rushing yards to the Chiefs on Monday Night!!

Who's with me?!? 

(was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

New O line for the Jets game.

Dawkins, Bottler, Morse, Mongo, Williams 

Hopefully Mongo is ready to go.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

This still is a head scratcher. He was a good athlete and showed glimpses but never seemed to get a chance...he's better than Sweeney as an example 

Hes been on IR for 3 years.  Hard to get playing time when you're constantly hurt.  Its amazing they held on to him as long as they did.  He broke the Marcus Easley record for most consecutive IR time on a single team.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

From reports I’ve heard in past hasn’t he sucked all year? Really just playing due to our other injuries. His play dropped from last year.

Has he sucked more than the others though? I think they really want Feliciano on the line and so Ford has to play LG. Cutting Spain saves money then, but it is just an odd turn of events.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Feliciano can come back soon, and Ford gets healthy... i'm ok with this.  Winters needs to stop starting for us, but hes an ok backup.  

I'm hoping we can lock down a long term situation for this OL to play together...  Dawkins, Ford and Morse (under contract) with Feliciano and Williams (potentially new contracts) moving forward.  I think that's a pretty good line that can pass block well and has the toughness to spring our running game.  

how is he an ok backup if he sucks when playing?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hes been on IR for 3 years.  Hard to get playing time when you're constantly hurt.  Its amazing they held on to him as long as they did.  He broke the Marcus Easley record for most consecutive IR time on a single team.

Ha, not to mention his play time on the Eagles is because their top two guys are injured. 

Got slammed for this earlier in the year, but the Texans playoff game should have been his last in a Bills uniform.    They need some nastiness on this team, they also need a wake up call.  Will be glad to see Feliciano back.

Hopefully this clears cap space for a RB, TE or Edge Rusher.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1