Remember the JA to Wentz comparisons?

DCofNC

Before Wentz got hurt on the Eagles way to the Super Bowl, I honestly thought he was on his way to being one of the top 3 QB's in the league.  He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

That injury really set him back

• Like (+1) 8

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.

He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

Yep. I have said he is like a golfer with the yips and the problem there is often how hard they are gripping the putter. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What is happening on this board? We just got blown out and Eagles almost beat Ravens. 

Maybe it's because we're still 4-1 and the only team we've lost to is currently 5-0, but you go ahead and lean into being miserable.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Carson Wentz is very good.  What he's doing with no weapons this year is incredible.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

You've redefined "incredible".

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I recall a lot of people making that pre-draft comparison, Allen is twice the player Wentz is and a Way bigger factor in his team’s success.  

How can you make that statement 5 games into the season?  he needs to finish the year and produce in the playoffs

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

You've redefined "incredible".

His top 3 WR's are out!  If Diggs, Brown and Beasley were all hurt, would we say Josh still has weapons in Singletary?

Insanity.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So us losing one game has something to do with it....but winning the 4 previous games doesn't?

Do you need to adjust your chemicals?

hilarious. This is my impression of you “we won four games and we lost one game so there”

Great argument. 

I was simply pointing out the prevalence of threads shitting on other teams today when we are not playing

Edited by Chemical

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seriously?

He had over 800 yards as a rookie.  This year, he has games of 95, 95, 46 and 80 yards.  80 mpg, 4.78 per carry.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

800 yards!

Hey now! 800 rushing yards was good enough for 21st in the NFL in rushing!  This guy is on his way to the Hall of Fame, he's dangerous!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

hilarious. This is my impression of you “we won four games and we lost one game so there”

Great argument. 

I was simply pointing out the prevalence of threads shitting on other teams today when we are not playing

So this:

21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What is happening on this board? We just got blown out and Eagles almost beat Ravens. 

Is about all the talk about other teams on a game day in which we don't play? Which is somehow relevant about the comparison between Allen and Wentz? 

My impression of you:

Oh Bother Eeyore Quotes. QuotesGram | Eeyore quotes, Cute winnie the pooh,  Eeyore

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

His top 3 WR's are out!  If Diggs, Brown and Beasley were all hurt, would we say Josh still has weapons in Singletary?

Insanity.

So you agree that Ertz and Sanders = "no weapons".  That's insanity, yes.

Jackson and Jeffery are tough losses, no doubt.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So you agree that Ertz and Sanders = "no weapons".  That's insanity, yes.

Jackson and Jeffery are tough losses, no doubt.  

And Jalen Reagor.

They have a good TE and a solid RB. As it stands, it's one of the WORST skill position groups in the NFL.  Honestly, how many teams have a worse skill player line up?  The Jets/Giants? 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And Jalen Reagor.

They have a good TE and a solid RB. As it stands, it's one of the WORST skill position groups in the NFL.  Honestly, how many teams have a worse skill player line up?  The Jets/Giants? 

If you think the Eagles are fielding a bad team this year just wait until next year.

The Eagles organization mortgaged itself the last few years to put the best team around Wentz they could.

Wentz has a combined losing record over the last 3 seasons.  He's not horrible but the 2017 season was a anomaly for him. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

If you think the Eagles are fielding a bad team this year just wait until next year.

The Eagles organization mortgaged itself the last few years to put the best team around Wentz they could.

Wentz has a combined losing record over the last 3 seasons.  He's not horrible but the 2017 season was a anomaly for him. 

The team isn't terrible. They are just hurt. OG tore his Achilles. Starting LT tore biceps. Backup LT foot injury. Top 3 WR's out.

That's tough luck. This team would look like ***** if we were missing Dawkins, Dawkins back up, Diggs, Beasley and Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And Jalen Reagor.

Reagor is a rookie.  Played 2 games.  Not a huge loss.  Greg Ward is doing what that kid was doing.  Jeffrey is often injured--470 yards last year.

It's just not true that he has "no weapons".  Missing some, but not "none".

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The team isn't terrible. They are just hurt. OG tore his Achilles. Starting LT tore biceps. Backup LT foot injury. Top 3 WR's out.

That's tough luck. This team would look like ***** if we were missing Dawkins, Dawkins back up, Diggs, Beasley and Brown.

I'm not arguing that and by the way it makes no sense to attempt to.

They are 70 million over the cap next year with only 41 players signed.  They will have to dump a lot of players.

They will not field a good team next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Reagor is a rookie.  Played 2 games.  Not a huge loss.  Greg Ward is doing what that kid was doing.  Jeffrey is often injured--470 yards last year.

It's just not true that he has "no weapons".  Missing some, but not "none".

He was their first round pick lol.

Please tell me what skill position group in the NFL you'd take the Eagles over. I'll wait.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He was their first round pick lol.

Please tell me what skill position group in the NFL you'd take the Eagles over. I'll wait.

He can't be a huge loss or a top receiver if he's only played 2 games in the league...

I'll make it easier: since you keep repeating what the equivalent for the Bills losses would be, would you swap out Wentz for Allen and expect the same result (4-1)?  You think Allen would be 1-4-1 on that team?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1