Jump to content

Remember the JA to Wentz comparisons?


DCofNC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Before Wentz got hurt on the Eagles way to the Super Bowl, I honestly thought he was on his way to being one of the top 3 QB's in the league.  He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

 

That injury really set him back

  • Like (+1) 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.


He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:


He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

 

Yep. I have said he is like a golfer with the yips and the problem there is often how hard they are gripping the putter. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What is happening on this board? We just got blown out and Eagles almost beat Ravens. 

Maybe it's because we're still 4-1 and the only team we've lost to is currently 5-0, but you go ahead and lean into being miserable.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Carson Wentz is very good.  What he's doing with no weapons this year is incredible.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

 

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

 

 

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

 

You've redefined "incredible".

 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I recall a lot of people making that pre-draft comparison, Allen is twice the player Wentz is and a Way bigger factor in his team’s success.  

How can you make that statement 5 games into the season?  he needs to finish the year and produce in the playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

 

 

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

 

You've redefined "incredible".

 

His top 3 WR's are out!  If Diggs, Brown and Beasley were all hurt, would we say Josh still has weapons in Singletary?

 

Insanity.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...