Remember the JA to Wentz comparisons?

DCofNC

I remember Wentz was headed towards an MVP before he was injured running into the end zone.  They were 11-2 and he had 32 tds or something.  Lots of examples of guys having career years and then not sustaining that.  The eagles have no wrs and their OL is banged up bad.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He can't be a huge loss or a top receiver if he's only played 2 games in the league...

I'll make it easier: since you keep repeating what the equivalent for the Bills losses would be, would you swap out Wentz for Allen and expect the same result (4-1)?

Nonsensical logic. There are several extremely productive rookie WR's this year that several NFL teams would miss if they were otherwise hurt.

Please tell me what skill position group in the NFL you'd take the Eagles over. I'll wait.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Nonsensical logic. There are several extremely productive rookie WR's this year that several NFL teams would miss if they were otherwise hurt.

Please tell me what skill position group in the NFL you'd take the Eagles over. I'll wait.

The one we are talking about was not "extremely productive".   2 games.  96 yards. injured.   Or are you assigning him imaginary stats for games he hasn't played?

I'd take them over Washington's crew.    You concluded Josh would have 1 win with that Eagles team?  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The one we are talking about was not "extremely productive".   2 games.  96 yards. injured.   Or are you assigning him imaginary stats for games he hasn't played?

I'd take them over Washington's crew.    You concluded Josh would have 1 win with that Eagles team?  

I didn't say anything about his stats. Just that they miss their first round pick. Because they do.

Washington is a good answer. They are 32nd in YPG and 30th in PPG. So we have established the Eagles are at least the second worst in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

Carson Wentz is very good.  What he's doing with no weapons this year is incredible.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

I'm not sure incredible is the word to use. He was literally like the worst QB in the NFL through the first three weeks. What's so incredible about that? I get that his offensive personnel is not fully healthy and good right now but let's not say he is doing an amazing job when he was rated as the worst QB.  Good for him that he finally had a below average game today instead of a terrible game.

That said, i won't write it him off. The team will get better and he might also step up his game to the level he's shown he can play at.

There are some similarities between Wentz and Allen but I think it really just comes down to size and 40 times. Other than I think Allen has far more potential. But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn't say anything about his stats. Just that they miss their first round pick. Because they do.

Washington is a good answer. They are 32nd in YPG and 30th in PPG. So we have established the Eagles are at least the second worst in the NFL.

lol...ok.

Now answer my question

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Before Wentz got hurt on the Eagles way to the Super Bowl, I honestly thought he was on his way to being one of the top 3 QB's in the league.  He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

That injury really set him back

that and resettling into a roster that isn’t in the prime “cheap qb window”

im excited to ride the crest here and then really figure out where josh lands in 2-3 years with a ring.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So this:

Is about all the talk about other teams on a game day in which we don't play? Which is somehow relevant about the comparison between Allen and Wentz? 

My impression of you:

Oh Bother Eeyore Quotes. QuotesGram | Eeyore quotes, Cute winnie the pooh,  Eeyore

That's about right.

I'm convinced that half of you don't watch football 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

There's no need. You've conceded that the Iggles have the second worst skill position group in the NFL. Despite those "weapons" of Miles Sanders and Ertz lol.

Jets weapons worse too.  

The topic isn't whether the Eagles are at full strength--it's is whether Eagles have "no weapons".  That's an untrue statement no matter how far you run away from this topic.  You would take Sanders and Ertz on the Bills right now because they would be there best RB and TE.

I've twice answered you.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Jets weapons worse too.  

The topic isn't whether the Eagles are at full strength--it's is whether Eagles have "no weapons".  That's an untrue statement no matter how far you run away from this topic.  You would take Sanders and Ertz on the Bills right now because they would be there best RB and TE.

I've twice answered you.  

Okay so THIRD worst then! lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

He’s talking about Josh Allen compared to Wentz

do you need help reading?

And Josh Allen is having an incredible year. The one beat down you point out was largely due to the players around Josh playing poorly. And even with that beat down Bills are still 4-1 and Josh is 3rd in QBR and 4th in passer rating. 

The point you are trying to make doesn't hold any water.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And Josh Allen is having an incredible year. The one beat down you point out was largely due to the players around Josh playing poorly. And even with that beat down Bills are still 4-1 and Josh is 3rd in QBR and 4th in passer rating. 

The point you are trying to make doesn't hold any water.

Dude, yes.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

you said there were none...

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

And Jalen Reagor.

They have a good TE and a solid RB. As it stands, it's one of the WORST skill position groups in the NFL.  Honestly, how many teams have a worse skill player line up?  The Jets/Giants? 

Solid detective work.

Besides, even if I DID say that, arguing if they are the worst or the second worst or the third worst is HILARIOUS after spending two pages arguing about the quality of their weapons. Let's pick nits harder, they are better than the 2010 Bills, how can you say they have no weapons!

Their weapons suck. Bottom 3 sucks. Miles Sanders and Ertz are the difference between them being the worst vs third worst. They still suck. You lose. Surrender.

• Haha (+1) 1