Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I’ve been watching football since the 60’s.  It may just be possible that the Jets are the worst team I’ve ever seen.

I was just thinking how jealous all the other players must be that Bell was able to get out

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Well Tenn had already converted one against Houston on their previous score and had three open guys Tanny could throw to. 

People are missing the point here. The % in other scenarios is irrelevant when your D hasn't stopped the opposition all day. 

Just like Houston We also went for 2 points against Tennessee didn’t workout that good either 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

Just like Houston We also went for 2 points against Tennessee didn’t workout that good either 

I am not saying the 2 point conversion was a high % play. But they had more chance of that than stopping Tenn at any point. As the two length if the field drives prove. 

You can't take what you know about the two teams out of this decision. Tenn had only been stopped by turnovers. They had already converted a 2 pointer. The Houston defense sucks. Their best chance to win the game was right there with the ball in the hands of the guy who is, by far, their best player.

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’ve been watching football since the 60’s.  It may just be possible that the Jets are the worst team I’ve ever seen.

Seriously, they are giving the 0-16 Lions a run for worst ever. 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

Tampa had an abysmal defense last season 

How have they turned it around so fast, meanwhile we have a bottom 5 D in the league 

Josh Allen

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Winning on D was made impossible by Houston not having one.

Like I say, the league average of converting the 2 points is 47% If memory serves me. The better the oppositions Dline the harder it gets.

I'm not totally hating the call, but its not something I would have done. As it was Tannehill had to be perfect which albeit, he was, and it still came down to the wire.

Perhaps I'm foolish for thinking this way, but showing some faith in your players on D might inspire them to play better in circumstances like the Texans faced today in my humble opinion. 

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Todd Bowles is a good example of why some coaches should stay in their lane. He has been an elite DC in the NFL. He’ll likely get another chance to be a HC however. 

Great point. I would have taken him in a heartbeat over Rex and McD. Same for Hue Jackson. I thought both would make great HCs. Similar stories for Wade Phillips and Norv Turner.

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Tampa had an abysmal defense last season 

How have they turned it around so fast, meanwhile we have a bottom 5 D in the league 

They really didn't when you got below the headline numbers. Their D came on strong second half of the year despite being put in bad spots a lot by their offense turning it over.

• Thank you (+1) 1