Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bobobonators

Bojorquez top 5 in Yds/punt

Recommended Posts

great at long punts.  needs a bit more touch to pin teams back on shorter punts.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His net is 41.1, which puts him beyond 27th in the league.  It's weird because he doesn't have enough punts to be statistically significant yet.  They set a pretty high bar at 2.5 punts/game, and he has 12 in 5 games, which is only 2.4/game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When’s the last time he has actually hit one inside the 5....

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an emoji made for him.  He was able to tackle returner when he out kicked coverage which was more than I expected.

react_meh.png

 

We used to have best punter in league who could not only kick far but coffin kick them.  He had a lot of game practice unfortuantely.

He knew how to rotate the laces as well.

He could also run for first downs and tackle.  Even threw some.

He could also kick long (longest 84) but he could get to bounce out of bounds.

 

Pro Bowl Selections (2) (2005 & 2006)
First Team All Pro Selection (2) (2005 & 2006)
NFL 2000’s All Decade Team

2 AFC player of the week in same year (2006)

Voted into the Buffalo Bills' 50th Anniversary Team

2005 Pro Football Weekly Arthur S. Arkush Humanitarian of the Year Award

Buffalo Bills Walter Payton Man of the Year award in both 2003 and 2008

 

 

May I suggest he look him up and get some pointers? He might try to do what Josh did and work with an expert during offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

There is an emoji made for him.  He was able to tackle returner when he out kicked coverage which was more than I expected.

react_meh.png

 

We used to have best punter in league who could not only kick far but coffin kick them.  He had a lot of game practice unfortuantely.

He knew how to rotate the laces as well.

He could also run for first downs and tackle.  Even threw some.

He could also kick long (longest 84) but he could get to bounce out of bounds.

 

Pro Bowl Selections (2) (2005 & 2006)
First Team All Pro Selection (2) (2005 & 2006)
NFL 2000’s All Decade Team

2 AFC player of the week in same year (2006)

Voted into the Buffalo Bills' 50th Anniversary Team

2005 Pro Football Weekly Arthur S. Arkush Humanitarian of the Year Award

Buffalo Bills Walter Payton Man of the Year award in both 2003 and 2008

 

 

May I suggest he look him up and get some pointers? He might try to do what Josh did and work with an expert during offseason.


I ran into that guy at Breckinridge Skiing.  I was wearing a Bills shirt with jacket unzipped Inside the warming hut, we were in line or something.... He asked if I was a fan, I talked about yeah how good McDermott and Beane seemed, he agreed and added a lot of detail about the right direction, etc, I asked if he was a fan and he said he spent some time in buffalo, his kid asked “daddy are you gonna tell him” and I said you kind of look like BM. Anyway nice chat, talked about what he is up to now,  
 

for as small as he looked on TV compared to the others he was pretty tall and not slight in person.


he was the best player on some aweful teams.

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

There is an emoji made for him.  He was able to tackle returner when he out kicked coverage which was more than I expected.

react_meh.png

 

We used to have best punter in league who could not only kick far but coffin kick them.  He had a lot of game practice unfortuantely.

He knew how to rotate the laces as well.

He could also run for first downs and tackle.  Even threw some.

He could also kick long (longest 84) but he could get to bounce out of bounds.

 

Pro Bowl Selections (2) (2005 & 2006)
First Team All Pro Selection (2) (2005 & 2006)
NFL 2000’s All Decade Team

2 AFC player of the week in same year (2006)

Voted into the Buffalo Bills' 50th Anniversary Team

2005 Pro Football Weekly Arthur S. Arkush Humanitarian of the Year Award

Buffalo Bills Walter Payton Man of the Year award in both 2003 and 2008

 

 

May I suggest he look him up and get some pointers? He might try to do what Josh did and work with an expert during offseason.

 

There's a reason he was the first jersey I bought at my first live Bills game.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

 

There's a reason he was the first jersey I bought at my first live Bills game.

 

I have the home and away jersey, $145 ea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small sample size. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not a big fan.  I don’t if you guys noticed, the Titans punter was pinning it so close to the end zone, directional, etc.

Where you line up for a punt matters though.  In that game the titans punts allowed for those opportunities for the punter while the bills were punting from farther away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that punting far isn't the hard part. It is the touch, consistency, finesse parts that are hard. He has had too many touchbacks that were not close. 

 

Also, laces out bro....

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has a big leg for sure. He is a game changer the way he can flip the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bojo has always had a big leg, its his inconsistency and touch placement that holds him back from greatness.

 

It's unlikely he can be upgraded with a street FA this year, so just going to have to take the good with the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is doing great this year when the Bills are backed up. Not so great when we need him to place the ball inside the 20, which is something he did well the past 2 years.

 

He also is a terrible holder, not getting the laces turned properly frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobobonators said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/punting-yards-per-punt
 

This dude gets a lot of grief at times but that 72 yd bomb the other day was special. Hes currently 4th in NFL. 
 

Maybe we can get Barkley to hold on FG’s however. Lol😊

 

My problem with Bojo is that the average is deceiving.    It's like the cartoon picture of the duck showing bullet holes to the right, and bullet holes to the left, and bears the caption "on average, the Duck is Dead"

 

He can kick a 60, 65, 70 yd bomb which brings up his average to 50 yards per punt.  But then he'll have a bunch of 39, 38, 41 yd punts to counterbalance it.

 

We might be better off with a guy who could kick it 50 yds more consistently.

 

 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


I ran into that guy at Breckinridge Skiing.  I was wearing a Bills shirt with jacket unzipped Inside the warming hut, we were in line or something.... He asked if I was a fan, I talked about yeah how good McDermott and Beane seemed, he agreed and added a lot of detail about the right direction, etc, I asked if he was a fan and he said he spent some time in buffalo, his kid asked “daddy are you gonna tell him” and I said you kind of look like BM. Anyway nice chat, talked about what he is up to now,  
 

for as small as he looked on TV compared to the others he was pretty tall and not slight in person.


he was the best player on some aweful teams.

 

 

Haha yeah, we see the guys who look small and slight on the football team and in real life, that's a tall built dude.

Some football players are just seriously LARGE human beings.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't outkick the coverage. The coverage just sucked. 

I feel like he had a couple touchbacks which are the big no no. But he's been better than in previous years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt he can boom it.   But when kicking g chip shots he's terrible.  I am thinking touchback every time he kicks around d mid field. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...