Tonight exposed again we need a no1 back

If defenses are at the point now where they respect Josh not to play us man...and are going to run basically a cover 2 shell and force us to nickel and dime the way down the field...we need a running game more then ever...love Motor but he’s ideally a no2 hopefully Moss or Yeldon get more touches 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Running back is the least of our problems and leveon bell is just an “oh I know that name, sign him” player. Everybody needs to stop bringing him up like it would actually fix anything.

Singletary and Moss are a great 1-2 punch. We just can’t block. It will get better when Feliciano comes back.

Edited by Rigotz

18 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

We need blocking and tackling.  How about picking up Leveon Bell?  He's available.  Can he still run?

I'd give him a look just for his pass catching abilities. I'm beginning to doubt any back can run in this offense. But Bell could be an upgrade over Motor and Moss in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Our run blocking is atrocious. I’d say we should try and fix that first. Our lines look soft as hell out there.

True. I've can't recall ever seeing a line so one dimensional. They're just not physical enough to open running lanes. They are all finesse and pass block very well because they move well backwards and laterally. They don't have the chops to put D linemen on their backs.

I think our stable of RBs is fine.  Our run blocking needs to improve.  That said, it pales in comparison to some other problems.  Our defense hasn't been good for 5 games.  This game, we made too many costly errors.  I believe we only punted twice (both excellent kicks, the 1st was flawed coverage which was another error) which normally should lead to winning.