YoloinOhio

Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Personally I dont care if we lose to the Cheifs in the regular season. 

I would rather beat them in AFC Championship game this year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

I currently live in Vegas and prefer the Oakland Raiders out of tradition. That and I live 5 mins from the stadium and missed probably the only chance I’d see the Bills play here. 

Don't worry, I imagine they'll be hosting a super bowl soon.

You can catch them then. :devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

the Titans will have positive tests tomorrow... after that, I really don't know when they would move our game

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Don't worry, I imagine they'll be hosting a super bowl soon.

You can catch them then. :devil:

That's the spirit, Simon!

Posted (edited)

On the plus side Titans should be without a lot of starters/core players. Now this is a prime time game.  The Joe blow NFL fan will get to watch the Bills unleash a thrashing. There will be a lot more believers after Tuesday night league wide. Which only helps build the hype for a match up vs KC. 

Edited by Fred Slacks

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

Fair enough. Do we have a list of all the players that have tested positive? 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

We'll tell you how it went.

Yeah so sad

56 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Working Tuesday night?

I am teaching. I pick 1 Tuesday a month because it "never" interferes with the Bills' game.... oh well GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They'll have a regular week between games.

Oh, you are right...for some reason I was thinking they were off this Sunday.

hey, when’s the last time an NFL game took place on a Tuesday?

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

hey, when’s the last time an NFL game took place on a Tuesday?

Only been one. 2010 Vikings/Eagles delayed by a blizzard.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Dean said:

Only been one. 2010 Vikings/Eagles delayed by a blizzard.

Cool - thanks. I figured there must have been a handful, but thought they would have been a looooong time ago.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

As to no Vrabel in the building - that’s what I’ve seen floated a lot today online. And he deserves it 100%

Saw that floated as well, but since the NFL tentatively announced dates, they haven’t mentioned suspensions. 

51 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

the Titans will have positive tests tomorrow... after that, I really don't know when they would move our game

I don’t actually know how they field a team. They have 14 players in COVID IR. I also think that players who attended the off campus practices should be suspended for at least 2 games since they messed up two regular season games in Pitt and Buffalo. Looks like there were at least 3 position groups. You’re basically pulling up 25 players from the practice squad at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder what the Vegas odds are for Titans testing positive?

Over/Under on number of players?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, if there are more Covid cases with Tennessee, how can the game go back to Sunday? Postponed? Forfeit?

wth!

I presume either forfeit or just canceled, but cancelling carries its own can of worms.  Someone had said, the league would have to resort to figuring win percentages, but it seems like if Buffalo were to end up having to depend on getting a wild card berth to get into the playoffs, there would be great potential for them getting screwed.  Moving the playoffs back to play the Titans at the end of the season may not be an option because the league has a reserved date for the venue for the Super Bowl that may not may not be movable.  The league is definitely being backed into a corner with relatively few options.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I presume either forfeit or just canceled, but cancelling carries its own can of worms.  Someone had said, the league would have to resort to figuring win percentages, but it seems like if Buffalo were to end up having to depend on getting a wild card berth to get into the playoffs, there would be great potential for them getting screwed.  Moving the playoffs back to play the Titans at the end of the season may not be an option because the league has a reserved date for the venue for the Super Bowl that may not may not be movable.  The league is definitely being backed into a corner with relatively few options.

I heard the league has the stadium for the superbowl reserved for all of february.  The worst case scenario would be shoving bills @ titans in as the lone week 18 game giving us no rest for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

However, if the Titans register any more positive tests, forcing Tuesday's game to be postponed, the Bills-Chiefs game will revert to its original slot on Thursday Night Football on Oct. 15.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30073030/tennessee-titans-buffalo-bills-moved-sunday-tuesday

Titans game postponed till when ? Bills have a bye week 11 but Titans don't.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

However, if the Titans register any more positive tests, forcing Tuesday's game to be postponed, the Bills-Chiefs game will revert to its original slot on Thursday Night Football on Oct. 15.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30073030/tennessee-titans-buffalo-bills-moved-sunday-tuesday

Titans game postponed till when ? Bills have a bye week 11 but Titans don't.

I assume the Titans would then forfeit and we get the win.  Unless the NFL pushes the start of playoffs back there would not be another opportunity to play the game.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They'll probably reschedule to week 18 and then everyone will be like why didn't you just do that in the first place if player safety is your priority.

I'm of the belief the league should have the Titans forfeit . Teams that violate protocol will know it will cost their teams games if they don't follow the rules. It's hard enough not having your fans and then teams like the Bills who are doing the right things and being super careful get the shaft. Some on here have said it sets a dangerous precedent. I think the opposite.  Accountability for all teams and consequences for teams like the assclowns from the Titans who were obviously irresponsible . If I'm McDermott and Bean I would lose my shyt with the league on this. Exposure to potential Covid when the Bills are being responsible is complete Horse$#@&.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1