Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills will probably lose to the Titans and infect Josh Allen with the Covid. 

Why are you like this? Seriously, why? Are you as consistent an a-hole to your family, coworkers & neighbors as you are here? You’ve succeeded in making zero ‘friends’ here in a very short time. We have a chronicled history of the lifespan of obnoxious noobs. Assuredly, you’re crapping on an iconic player while doing so. 

Please reconsider your online persona. Quickly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, that's why they expanded the Practice Squads this year ... "Next man up."

Of these, are any eligible or able (with negative COVID tests) to return in time to play Tuesday? Some of them went on the list before last Sunday's game with Pittsburgh. What is the protocol and time on returning?

10 hours ago, SWATeam said:

What are the odds the Titans don't have any more positives?  Seems low at this point.

THIS. I think it’s a pipe dream to hope the Tennessee Lollygaggers don’t have one positive test between now and Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 2

It seems certain there will be more covid issues in the weeks ahead, and the league will be adjusting schedules for more teams.  The Bills have a big adjustment to make, but so do some other teams. 

I just don't believe right now that the Titans have this under control.  This is a highly contagious disease, and a football team practicing together is bound to spread this from one man to another.  Once it's in, it's in.  And it seems to me the Bills are at risk of the same thing happening to them. 

Tre White was very close to not playing this season at all, to protect his family.  Suddenly he has a back injury and can't practice.  Is he just trying to stay healthy to protect his family?  Personally, I wouldn't blame him.  I think ALL the Titans games should be cancelled until they have a completely clean testing list for at least a full week.  They could infect one team after another, wiping out half the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffalojedwardo said:

I'm sure this has been discussed and also some of y'all are in the same boat. But if you had Bills D, Josh and Singletary do you start dropping people and preparing if they don't play for fantasy? 

I don't play fantasy so I don't know how all the systems score, but in regards to the Bills D we get scored as a 2-0 victory if the Titans forfeit.  Does a shutout give good fantasy points?  Dunno if they also credit zero yards allowed as well.

5 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Does everybody still think that there'll be an asterisk next to the Bills when they win it all this year?? This will be the hardest trophy to win in the history of football. And our organization's buttoned-up, mentally tough approach will be the difference.

I don't think one asterisk win will really be cared about if we're legitimately a good team, and it was beyond our control.  The Patriots have enough asterisks where they actually DID something and they're getting by just fine.

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

Does anyone know yet what time the KC game is if it is on Sunday?

I've been told 1pm.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffalojedwardo said:

I'm sure this has been discussed and also some of y'all are in the same boat. But if you had Bills D, Josh and Singletary do you start dropping people and preparing if they don't play for fantasy? 

Yes, if there is a positive test today 

28 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Does anyone know yet what time the KC game is if it is on Sunday?

No - it’s actually not even confirmed by the league for Sunday. It’s “later in the weekend” per nfl statement. Schefter gave Sunday but no time. They have time to decide, probably want to get through the next couple days and confirm it’s actually happening before setting broadcast times. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Oddly I do not feel mad about the rescheduling.   The Bills will deal with it.  I just hope Tenn gets a significant punishment.    That will irritate me the most if they get a Patriots type of retribution. 

I do wish the KC game was scheduled for Monday night to give the Bills more time. 

Very unsure on this. I thought with the hype yesterday they would. Now I don’t know. I have a feeling they won’t get any punishment until after they play Buffalo. I don’t know why, just something in my gut. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are negative today. Still need tomorrow. 

I am not sure that’s definite. We saw 2-3 cases with the titans get reported over the course of hours yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Very unsure on this. I thought with the hype yesterday they would. Now I don’t know. I have a feeling they won’t get any punishment until after they play Buffalo. I don’t know why, just something in my gut. 

I am not sure that’s definite. We saw 2-3 cases with the titans get reported over the course of hours yesterday. 

The results come  in at the same time every morning 

Are you talking about the Jerry Sullivan tweet of the third positive later in the day where he sourced rapaport? 

13 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

So tennesse will be without a good chunk of players if we play Tuesday?

As far as I can tell, the Titans will be missing two of their starting WRs and both starting DTs.  Also their LS, along with some backups.  Overall that's very good for us.  

Also, the Tuesday start gives our own banged-up players more time to get right.  Overall, I'm good with this arrangement.

Edited by BillsFanSD