Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

10 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I don't understand why it can't be a MNF game. League certainly has a love of Mahomes right now and considering that MNF Week 6 is Dallas vs Arizona I doubt anyone would object to Fox having a lead in to that stinker 

I don’t know for sure, but this is my guess. Fox owns that match up. I am assuming contractually, Fox can’t just go ahead and air another Monday night game against ESPN or a Sunday Night game against NBC. Fox is basically locked in to Thursday night or Sunday at 1 or 4.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t know for sure, but this is my guess. Fox owns that match up. I am assuming contractually, Fox can’t just go ahead and air another Monday night game against ESPN or a Sunday Night game against NBC. Fox is basically locked in to Thursday night or Sunday at 1 or 4.

I mean you might be right but CBS just did that so I fail to see the issue. Have Bills/Chiefs kick off 90-120 minute before MNF is scheduled to start.

• Like (+1) 2

Let KC have their extra practice day. I hope they practice poorly, and leave the practice field with a sense of disappointment and shame.

May they miss their throws, let the fumbles hit the dirt, and I hope their lunches are described as "uninspired and lacking direction" from the chef.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

It better the the harshest penalty I've ever seen in the NFL considering this is by far the dumbest ***** Ive ever seen

The league should force the Titans to hire Adam Gase as their next HC once he gets canned from the Jets. It should be a 20 year contract and the Titans will not be allowed to fire him at any point.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

So tennesse will be without a good chunk of players if we play Tuesday?

This is where I'm getting confused. I know the ones on IR for covid are out, Humphries and Davis are the biggest names on offense, Simmons and Corea(sp?) on defense. But as I asked before, what happens to those caught on camera i.e. Tannehill, Brown etc

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Chiefs get extra rest/prep time for the Bills because the Titans screwed up.  That sounds pretty fair.

It's an absolute joke and there is no justifying it. 

we’re in the midst of a pandemic.  Not everything is going to be fair this year. Some teams will get screwed.  In this case, we got screwed.  Maybe we’ll be on the other end next time

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

This is where I'm getting confused. I know the ones on IR for covid are out, Humphries and Davis are the biggest names on offense, Simmons and Corea(sp?) on defense. But as I asked before, what happens to those caught on camera i.e. Tannehill, Brown etc

I heard that they can’t be identified in a court of law, so they can all play.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If this game is played on Tuesday then will another game be moved to Thursday or just no TNF next week?

I'm thinking no TNF

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I heard that they can’t be identified in a court of law, so they can all play.

It's more like the NFL's wheels of justice grind slow.  Finish an investigation in a week and take prompt action? 

UN-possible!

15 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If they don't test positive they can play. But a confirmed positive test means you sit for 14 days, symptoms or not.

35 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mango, did you ever think all the problems associated with wrangling this stuff out (even forfeits and lengthening the season) aren't as much to do about football, but rather everything to do with contracts and lawyers?

😂