Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

Of course it's crazy to speculate without more info. But from what I'm seeing now, the Bills/Chiefs game has not been given an exact time. Hopefully that will allow the league to move it to Monday, which will make a lot of people happy (including me). But the Chiefs will still have extra time to prepare.

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

So is it confirmed then by the NFL that it's a forfeit if the Titans have another positive tomorrow and we stay with The KC game Thursday?

Not that I can see. Where did you get that?

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am wondering if the NFL needs to cancel all Thursday games— ie, move them all to Sunday. With all the covid changes in the schedules that will inevitably happen, the Thursday games will just make it harder to move games by a day or two, and make quick schedule changes. 

All Thursday night games should be abolished. Permanently. Never should have been invented in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, wjag said:

Playing the Titans is paramount.  The Bills have prepped all week for them.  They get a few more days to get healthy.  Let's just hope they escape the game without injury.  I don't want to kick that Titans game down the road.  That will just mess up the later season.

It sounds like we want the positive test so we get the W and extra time to prep for showdown with KC ( assuming they say forfeit and not schedule later but even then game off and prep for chiefs)

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

This seems absurd. You may be playing on Tuesday vs Tenn and then Sunday vs KC. But also be prepared to play just next Thursday vs KC. So if your prepping for a TENN game how can you also still prep for a KC Thursday game?

to be fair we will know by Sunday I’d think. I don’t think Tuesday morning they’d say never mind it’s Thursday 

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Not that I can see. Where did you get that?

Literally plucked it out of my ass's but it makes the most sense. Whether the nfl chooses to punish Tenn with a forfeit or push the game out is still the mystery.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

to be fair we will know by Sunday I’d think. I don’t think Tuesday morning they’d say never mind it’s Thursday 

Except maybe Reid gives the Chief’s players Thursday off thinking the game is on the weekend. Then it’s not and we win by forfeit. LOL 6-0 and 2 forfeits.

Edited by clayboy54

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

Literally plucked it out of my ass's but it makes the most sense. Whether the nfl chooses to punish Tenn with a forfeit or push the game out is still the mystery.

They'll probably reschedule to week 18 and then everyone will be like why didn't you just do that in the first place if player safety is your priority.

3 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

It sounds like we want the positive test so we get the W and extra time to prep for showdown with KC ( assuming they say forfeit and not schedule later but even then game off and prep for chiefs)

I doubt the NFL forfeits the game that quickly, though it might. IMO they will do everything they can to preserve the game.

Just now, The Dean said:

I doubt the NFL forfeits the game that quickly, though it might. IMO they will do everything they can to preserve the game.

They are trying to avoid week 18, but it’s a “back pocket option” ... so this is plan B and if that doesn’t work they will go to plan C

Just now, Warcodered said:

They'll probably reschedule to week 18 and then everyone will be like why didn't you just do that in the first place if player safety is your priority.

Then we lose a bye week from the 1st round of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

So it all hinges on Tenn getting no positive tests tomorrow. If they get one it sounds like either way titans games is off and chiefs game stays Thursday night.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They are trying to avoid week 18, but it’s a “back pocket option” ... so this is plan B and if that doesn’t work they will go to plan C

Will they go to Alpha, Delta when they get past Plan Z?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

our game wasn’t going to be a national broadcast... the broadcast area was rather small, IIRC

I’m assuming the same CBS affiliates who were going to show the game on Sunday will pick it up in the Tuesday timeslot now, but what do I know

Sorry, I meant we lose our national game against the Chiefs.  And end up with two regional broadcasts instead of one regional and one national.

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

our game wasn’t going to be a national broadcast... the broadcast area was rather small, IIRC

I’m assuming the same CBS affiliates who were going to show the game on Sunday will pick it up in the Tuesday timeslot now, but what do I know

So out of market Sunday Ticket subscribers get screwed?  They would have shown the Sunday game, but I don’t think they show non-Sunday games?