Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Still need tomorrow...  and Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday...

In regards to the chiefs game, we just need tomorrow to be clean and it will be officially next weekend. Once the titans have two straight days of negative the facility will open and the game will be confirmed for Tuesday which will then officially move the chiefs game. The titans game is indeed still in limbo based on future positives but I do not know what the contingencies are. If there is another titans positive on Gameday, will the game take place and that player just won’t play?

This is dumb. The Bills have to prepare for the Titans.. unless then maybe they have to prepare for the Chiefs two days later. 

I went to take a look at titans forums. I've read a lot of opposing teams forums, but wow...the titans fans may be the biggest pieces of human **** talking about how they are off to a hot start and infected player should be allowed to play because it's "just a cold". 

I really hope the league f***ks them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If Vrabel is going to be suspended, you'd think that would happen before they're back in the facility. So I bet he won't be suspended.

In my mind, the only way he gets suspended is if they have some proof he knew about the off site practices.  If they have a smoking gun, then sure.  Clear violation of the rules and he should have the book thrown at him.  Knowing (wink, wink) and proving he knew though are two very different things.  This feels like a loss of a draft pick or two and the league moves on.

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

they're already done preparing for the Titans they're likely starting prep on the chiefs today

Again, they're having to prepare for a team they may/may not play while preparing for a team they will play on some day at some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, zevo said:

So will the players who tested positive Last week be able to play Tuesday?

I don’t think we will know until Tuesday unless players are removed from the Covid list prior to that. But even if they are removed, there still a re-acclimation period and that’s kind of a gray area.

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is dumb. The Bills have to prepare for the Titans.. unless then maybe they have to prepare for the Chiefs two days later. 

I went to take a look at titans forums. I've read a lot of opposing teams forums, but wow...the titans fans may be the biggest pieces of human **** talking about how they are off to a hot start and infected player should be allowed to play because it's "just a cold". 

I really hope the league f***ks them. 

It's...

"Just a cold."

"Just the flu."

"Not a big deal because they are healthy athletes and won't get that sick."

They can get fornicated with red hot poker at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Who knows. Doesn't sound like Bills players even know. Seems like this is the test to see if they can just play through some of the covid outbreak.

No other way to say it, buffalo is getting screwed. 

I feel this way too..but then I also remember it is what it is and this is what teams are going to have to deal with this year...I’m just happy there still is football for now.

That Chiefs game better be on Monday night.  Shame to rob this team of a high profile primetime game.

There's no way you can guarantee no Titan stepping on that field isn't positive.  If you are doing that, then just stop testing, proceed with the season like normal and hope no one dies.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Mango said:

Very unsure on this. I thought with the hype yesterday they would. Now I don’t know. I have a feeling they won’t get any punishment until after they play Buffalo. I don’t know why, just something in my gut. 

I am not sure that’s definite. We saw 2-3 cases with the titans get reported over the course of hours yesterday. 

Very Billsy of you😡

(I’m with ya)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To those complaining about a short week, Sunday-Thursday is 4 days. Tuesday-Sunday is 5 days. So the Bills get an extra day to prepare for the Chiefs. Grant you, the Chiefs go from 4 days prep to a full 7.

The Chiefs get extra rest/prep time for the Bills because the Titans screwed up.  That sounds pretty fair.

It's an absolute joke and there is no justifying it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I don't understand why it can't be a MNF game. League certainly has a love of Mahomes right now and considering that MNF Week 6 is Dallas vs Arizona I don't anyone would object to Fox having a lead in to that stinker 

It will be once the next Covid-positive test comes in.

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To those complaining about a short week, Sunday-Thursday is 4 days. Tuesday-Sunday is 5 days. So the Bills get an extra day to prepare for the Chiefs. Grant you, the Chiefs go from 4 days prep to a full 7.

That’s the thing, though, brother PTR, it just would be better if there was a bit more catch-up.

In other words I can live with Chiefs having 8 days as long as We can get more with a 6th day if this game is played on Monday night/afternoon.

...just as much time as we can get without upsetting the Apple cart.

Everyone paints the scenario of a week and half or two weeks off but that has bee baked in to the league for awhile.

we don’t have a ton of scenarios where, on a shortened schedule, one team gets so much less the the other.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1