Stephon Gimore tests positive for Covid

boco357
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to NFL issues and NFL covid-19 policy/enforcement.  It is acceptable to post links to articles about NFL policies and how they are implemented from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

*By acknowledging this warning, you agree to refrain from this type of posting. Additional warnings may lead to account restrictions or removal from the community.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

NFL Should have never Played the KC vs NE game at all.  Just shows they really don't know how this virus is passed or even worse Do not care

Agreed. And letting the players socialize on the field after the game is dumb.  It’s unnecessary close contact that incurs needless risk. 

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't know if you watched the after game gathering between the Bills and Raiders before the cameras faded but, at the very end, Josh was standing side by side with a Raiders player (can't remember which one...Zay Jones?), smiling for a photo op. The Raider was masked up but then pulled down his mask for the pic. I yelled at my TV, "JOSH! GET THE HELL OFF THE FIELD!" In any other year, I would have thought nothing of such an innocuous and common occurrence after a game. 2020 'Bizarro World' sucks and is testing everybody's mental health and intestinal fortitude.

boy, ain’t that the truth. 

Yeah I was watching and had a similar reaction. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That answers a couple questions discussed on TBD today. Practicing Friday AND Saturday must be acceptable under the CBL. And it seems this is a way to put the entire Pats* team on the COVID-exempt list without actually putting them on it.

Edited by scribo

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I’ll be pretty bummed and upset if we don’t get to measure our team against Mahomes and the  Chiefs. Win or lose, I’ve been looking forward to that matchup most.  

I totally agree. I have been waiting for this match up since Josh started to link together some games. 

Edit: I will add, I wish the league would make a decision on the Titans game today so that One Bills Drive can either keep prepping for the Titans or look forward to the Chiefs. I do not envy the players at the moment. Especially the Bills. They have a crazy Covid stretch coming up. Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets are basically the red AIDS bin in your doctors office on their best days, and the Pats. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, scribo said:

Wow! That photo is something given this morning's news. Neither player should have let that moment happen. It is my understanding that it takes more than a moment of exposure to transmit it, but if not...the league is about to lose its coverboy for a couple weeks.

And the NFL cannot write the memo fast enough banning postgame handshakes or any interaction.

Couldn't agree with you more. These have to stop. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on tv but I understand that it doesn't take much when your face to face like that to spread things. As much as I want us to beat KC I want it to be with Mahomes playing. I think Josh can out duel him especially if our D has finally woken up.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Really does make you wonder why they banned midfield jersey swaps but allow hand shakes and such....

Actually those were banned as well per PFT ‘From the first half of the same sentence banning jersey swaps, there’s this: “Teams are prohibited from post-game interactions within 6 feet of one another.”’

They just need to enforce it.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually those were banned as well per PFT ‘From the first half of the same sentence banning jersey swaps, there’s this: “Teams are prohibited from post-game interactions within 6 feet of one another.”’

They just need to enforce it.

Goodness... How has this NOT been enforced? The rules seem fine. People just need to follow them and enforce them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gordong said:

What I want to know is why is it two weeks for everyone else,  but in the NFL they start testing positive they only need two days of Negative tests.... ??   This makes no sense.  

Two weeks for an INDIVIDUAL. Two days of no NEW negative individual tests for a TEAM. What's hard to comprehend? Be positive, man. Oh wait...

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Goodness... How has this NOT been enforced? The rules seem fine. People just need to follow them and enforce them.

I would like to see the league come down with the "hammer" this week.

That picture of Mahomes and Gilmore IS the "poster child" for the hammer.  NFL should fine both significantly.

You take away a game check worth of money from these 2 MVPs and the rest of the players will get the warning.

The Titans situation is a little more cloudy but it seems to me IF the investigation shows neglect on their part they lose their 2021 1st rounder.

The league needs to have something significant to address this by Saturday.

The league didn't "bake in" make up games (they may have to adjust that now) with the hope the players would follow the rules they established

for the season.  It may be time for the NFLPA also to come out with a statement to the players supporting what the league is doing.

IMHO.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nfl needs to get rid of the post game mingling. Should head straight to respective locker rooms

While I get your point, there is mingling all game long.  IE that positive C19 Raiders DL that took 35 snaps against the Bills