Stephon Gimore tests positive for Covid

boco357
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to NFL issues and NFL covid-19 policy/enforcement.  It is acceptable to post links to articles about NFL policies and how they are implemented from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

*By acknowledging this warning, you agree to refrain from this type of posting. Additional warnings may lead to account restrictions or removal from the community.

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Sounds like the Pats are doing the protocols right- good job.

I would love to see the Broncos steal a W from the pats down their two most important players.

This would be an unexpected cushion and give the Bills the luxury of dropping one too.  Seems to me the Pats v Bills AFC EAST comes down to the best record between games with KC, SEA, 9ers, BAL/PIT and Head to Head (splitting).  Dropping a game outside of these puts the Division title in jeopardy for either squad.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Question: who conducts team Covid tests and who controls reporting of results? Is it fully independent of the teams? 

I'm not suggesting that Bill Belichick would bury positive Covid results.....buuuuuuut, could he do it?

Yes, fully independent. The NFL knows better than to trust the teams with a matter like this.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Question: who conducts team Covid tests and who controls reporting of results? Is it fully independent of the teams? 

I'm not suggesting that Bill Belichick would bury positive Covid results.....buuuuuuut, could he do it?

I don't want to say it couldn't be done, but I think it would be hard.

The main testing is being sent to a contracted national lab.

The teams are doing some of their own tests (so called "POC" for "Point of Care" tests) in certain circumstances, but these are backed up by tests sent to the national lab.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't want to say it couldn't be done, but I think it would be hard.

The main testing is being sent to a contracted national lab.

The teams are doing some of their own tests (so called "POC" for "Point of Care" tests) in certain circumstances, but these are backed up by tests sent to the national lab.

This is something that has been documented as happening in the Olympics in regards to PED testing. Very elaborate schemes, including secret tubes and tunnels, have been used to obfuscate true testing. Although, stakes are much higher with Covid testing. Lives are on the line.  

How is this not a bigger story. Yes the team didn’t break protocols inside the facility but common sense should prevail. Gilmore and Belichick knew Gilmore was at high risk and should have had to quarantine and shouldn’t have been allowed to potentially infect as many people as he could. I mean we are in the middle of a giant pandemic! 

I get that it must be insanely hard for these players not to hug and shake hands or maybe pray after the game, that's been the tradition forever, but seriously this is pandemic and  talking within a foot of someone else's mouth without a mask on is just plain stupid. The Gilmore pic with Mahomes is nuts.  Did the league not come out ahead of this before the season and warn the players that this is high risk behavior? Probably even worse than tackling somebody?  The players on each team should forego the usual post game pleasantries and go directly to the locker room. Yes its a bit rude and unsporting but its safe.  I know that some of these NFL players are not the sharpest knives in the drawer but cmon. You want to risk your health, your career even potentially your life to say hi to one of your opponents? Its just not worth it right now! 

Edited by Livinginthepast