Could Josh Norman be the missing link?

Penfield45

I was really excited we got Josh Norman in the off season.  I thought he was going to bring a certain energy our Defense needed, we'll see.

As I said in the game threads today, Josh Norman brings that fire.  That anger.  I don't see anyone else on our team play with that same fierceness.  Not saying our D is timid, but I just don't see an anger or toughness.  I saw the same thing with Jordan Phillips.  The biggest thing I like about Jordan Phillips was his attitude and energy playing the game.  You'd see him get a sack and start slapping his pads.  Or on 3rd downs he'd raise his arms to get the crowd going.

Seeing Norman not afraid to tackle, laying the wood on Agholor by throwing him to the grown, and getting into WRs faces.  He was trash talking, playing angry, and was motivated.  After his force fumble, the defense looked faster, looked angrier.  I think he is one of those infectious attitude players that we needed desperately.

We shall see

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

None of that changes the fact of what I said. Regardless of how they are calling it this year we got burned multiple times and guys looked like they were in over their heads.

We got away with some blown coverages on penalties and Edmunds was acting as an offensive line doormat again.

In actual fact, it does change it. But as I disagree and you didn’t glean that from my initial post I’ll leave it at that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think Frazier counts on the back end of the defense too much.  We need to be more aggressive on the front end for it to work.

I totally agree.  Four of five of the leading tacklers this game are from the CB or Safety position.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agree. When we just play our regular bend but don't break it usually works but not always and hasn't at all this year. When we are aggressive, to me we play better.

In earlier seasons it made more sense to play this way because the offense was unreliable and if we gave up over 20 it was usually a loss. Now, it makes little sense. Even if we gamble and lose, the O can bail us out.

There is a lot of truth here KTD!

59 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Look around the NFL and peruse the average scores being given up...do you really not recognize that the games are being called in the O’s favor????

Look, he played balls out...I loved it. But this is a different year and the NFL wants something different thus something different we shall receive. 

Simple as that. 

More precisely it is being called for all teams like it was called for Jerry in previous years.  Every offense lineman is getting away with holds.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t want to take anything away from josh Norman because he made the play of the game. It turned the entire game. 

But the jury is still out on him. in this game and not really looking for him, I saw that he (1) got burned on that long aghalor TD that game back due to the penalty; and (2) blew an assignment that left the FB wide open on the sideline for a 17-yard gain. 

So I’m not entirely confident in his ability as a cover corner. 

It's a good thing what we need is a zone CB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Norman looks jacked up this year, if he still has his game speed which it appears that he does he’s going to do some damage. Was very happy about the Norman signing.

I have always had a very strong passion for this team but the players that we have right now are amazing people on and off the field. They make you proud to be a Bills fan. Just enjoying the ride now.