Could Josh Norman be the missing link?

Penfield45

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Not unless he can rush the passer.  He played better than I thought he would.  They either need to add a player to the DL or they simply need to play better as they get more experience together.

Regarding pass rush, I think this will be our answer in 2020.  Very doubtful that we add an upgrade at this stage considering our current roster.  I think we need an upgrade at the 1tech more than pass rush at this point.

seemed like the raiders were using 6-7 men to pass block on every play. It was effective 

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Loved what he brought today.

And I’m sorry to say this but Levi Wallace has Casey Middlestadt’s physique.  Dude is not built for professional football, he just isn’t.  Never seen someone get hurt dropping an interception.

He has a fat misshapen head and the physique of a middle aged gamer?  

• Haha (+1) 1

He is a playmaker and you can never-ever have enough of those. When you are in predator mode on defense and not playing conservative, good thing happen.

On a total side note, this next off season I suspect the defense will get a bevy of new draft picks. Our offense looks set, except for FB.

16 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I agree his FR was the turning point - but we need to fix the run gashing due to bad tackling and (lack of) gap integrity.

Maybe we watched a different game, but didn’t they just hold one of the better rushing teams way down yesterday.  They held Jacobs to under 50 yards for the day and only gave up 1 big run 16 yards - so 32 yards on his other 14 carries - under 2.3 yards per carry.

Not sure run defense was really an issue in this game.

19 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Maybe we watched a different game, but didn’t they just hold one of the better rushing teams way down yesterday.  They held Jacobs to under 50 yards for the day and only gave up 1 big run 16 yards - so 32 yards on his other 14 carries - under 2.3 yards per carry.

Not sure run defense was really an issue in this game.

It was a tale of two halves. i don’t think the defense on Jacobs was great in the first half. I agree  the second half defense was much better.

“I think the mentality changed in the second half, and I thought Leslie dialed up some good defenses and the players responded,” McDermott said of coordinator Leslie Frazier. “The fourth-down stop was big for us, as well as Q-Jeff’s sack fumble.”

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/analysis-harrison-phillips-shined-as-bills-defense-kept-josh-jacobs-in-check/article_42831e24-0722-11eb-88fe-af11ca13a920.html