Postgame Thread: Bills at Raiders

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've been trying to settle down on the booze on Sunday, but this 4:25 game got me. At least I got some useful stuff done from 7-2.....also, the Liverpool game got me early. 

Well, at least you went where everybody knows your name....

image.png.3f7565bf7bf38d819982b09998d01dca.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

I was eating supper when Josh took that sack.  So glad I wasn't in the thread for that.  I mean, yeah sure I'd rather than he throw it away, but I just can't understand being a fan of this team and getting hung up on that one play when Allen played so well.

Still, as good as Allen is playing these are the kinds of mistakes that can come back to haunt you. 

Josh Allen knows as much and is probably as frustrated as the fans are IMO. Play by play frustrations are going to be passed on to the Game thread and should be expected IMO.   The same way you would probably hear frustrations bubble over in anywhere you are watching with other people. I'm not one to complain, but I get it.

Its all good...

Bills fans just aren't used to winning games this way..

Josh Allen and the Bills high powered Offense!!!

Say what?!?!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

For all the crap you talk you never hold yourself accountable - your crusade against Oliver continued throughout the GDT until he made a few game-changing plays.  Own your crap Joe.

I'd tell you what value I place on your opinion, but mods are awfully touchy these days 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That was his one bad play. Also why so conservative on the second to last drive?

I needed a tranquilizer on that 2nd to last drive, I was like "@#$$%% if this conservatism lets them come back and score I am going to....I don't know what I'm going to do but it will probably involve alcohol and cussing...'".  That sort of thing makes me wish I was the kind of person who would place caged feral cats in heat under McDermott's windows so the Toms would yowl at him all night long.  Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not that kind of person, but LORDY

On the excuplatory side maybe they knew something about Josh's shoulder we didn't and figured a 3 and out was the lower risk?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd tell you what value I place on your opinion, but mods are awfully touchy these days 

Believe it.  And post  accordingly.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Bass does kind of suck, I'll agree with that. No sense in messing around with a volatile kicker at this point. This is legitimately a top-3 team in the AFC right now, don't mess around.

Bojorquez didn't rotate the ball on the PAT miss and his punting was terrible today.

22 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I was eating supper when Josh took that sack.  So glad I wasn't in the thread for that.  I mean, yeah sure I'd rather than he throw it away, but I just can't understand being a fan of this team and getting hung up on that one play when Allen played so well.

PFF moved him to 19th place because of that one play. 

Or at least I assume they will. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I needed a tranquilizer on that 2nd to last drive, I was like "@#$$%% if this conservatism lets them come back and score I am going to....I don't know what I'm going to do but it will probably involve alcohol and cussing...'".  That sort of thing makes me wish I was the kind of person who would place caged feral cats in heat under McDermott's windows so the Toms would yowl at him all night long.  Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not that kind of person, but LORDY

On the excuplatory side maybe they knew something about Josh's shoulder we didn't and figured a 3 and out was the lower risk?

If its the shoulder then how are they calling a QB sneak on 1st & goal? doesn't line up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AmishRifle said:

Go Bills!

in defense of Bass...Bojo messed up the hold.  Laces were in. 
I think the kid needs more time.

I was wondering about that.  I thought I saw laces, but there was never a decent replay.

25 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Just heard Josh’s postgame presser. Basically all he did was own what a boneheaded play that was, so you gotta give him credit for that at least. 

Edited by jimmy10
minor typo
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I love Dabes but thought we ran the ball too much today. on 1st down in particular.

They had cluster injuries in the secondary and Josh went for a hair under 8.5 ypa, and we're wasting plays running ineffectually.

Maybe they were afraid of #17 taking more hits? But a QB sneak on a 1st down at the goal line doesn't line up with that.

Feels amazing to be 4-0 though ;)

I don't feel we ran the ball too much, but I do not think the run calls in the second half were terribly effective.

So many teams are just dropping everyone into coverage in the 2nd halves of games that we have to find a way to be able to run out of our 13 personnel look so play action can still be effective.

It is something Daboll needs to get figured out, because all those DBs deep force Allen to hold the ball longer and press and then plays break down and things get weird.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, jimmy10 said:

Just heard Josh’s postgame presser. Basically all he did was own was a boneheaded play that was, so you gotta give him credit for that at least. 

He’s always the first to own it but at a certain point talk becomes cheap - love the guy, he’s a superstar now and the expectations have gone up.  He just has to stop doing it.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if Bojo is still messing up holds on FG and extra points how much time does HE need

Bojo had a bad game. Couldn't pin a punt, bad laces hold on the missed XP.

It's ok, we won! That's all that matters. WIN WIN WIN.

iaimaimiwhoami:“ “You're an idiot anyway. But if you say you get along with  your parents, well, y… | Breakfast club movie, Breakfast club quotes, The breakfast  club

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Still, as good as Allen is playing these are the kinds of mistakes that can come back to haunt you. 

Josh Allen knows as much and is probably as frustrated as the fans are IMO. Play by play frustrations are going to be passed on to the Game thread and should be expected IMO.   The same way you would probably hear frustrations bubble over in anywhere you are watching with other people. I'm not one to complain, but I get it.

Its all good...

Bills fans just aren't used to winning games this way..

Josh Allen and the Bills high powered Offense!!!

Say what?!?!

4-0 with no real interceptions is good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s always the first to own it but at a certain point talk becomes cheap - love the guy, he’s a superstar now and the expectations have gone up.  He just has to stop doing it.

I'm sure you can look at any NFL QB and find one boneheaded play in a game. Carr had a couple today. If he makes one bonehead play a game, so what. He makes 30 good ones for every bad. I'll take that ratio.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s fair, and I think Josh would agree with you. Again, basically ALL he talked about, despite the victory and good plays, and softball question lobbed at him by a friendly reporter, was what a major f-up that was. 

40 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m generally pretty positive in regards to the Bills (and any team I work with or am a fan of) when they’re struggling because I believe things come and go from time to time and need to be adjusted. That’s what coaching is for... I think we have a fine coaching staff that is capable of doing that and has shown it. 

But, my point is I’ve been VERY upset with the Bills defense all season  until late this game. They looked unenthusiastic... very much lacked a spark. 
The 4th quarter gave me hope... they were flying around a little bit more, gang tackling a little bit more, and manages to force some turnovers. 

They made a big mistake in doing so... because now I KNOW they are capable of doing it... so I expect that to be the norm moving forward. 

You're post sparked an idea.

Maybe the reason the Bills and other defenses around the NFL are playing poor is due to a lack of fans. Usually it's the fans that provide a spark for defenses. 

Overall, I think this coaching staff will make the needed adjustments to right the ship on that side of the ball. We've seen this in the past and they always find an answer. 

Edited by HomeTeam
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I don't feel we ran the ball too much, but I do not think the run calls in the second half were terribly effective.

So many teams are just dropping everyone into coverage in the 2nd halves of games that we have to find a way to be able to run out of our 13 personnel look so play action can still be effective.

It is something Daboll needs to get figured out, because all those DBs deep force Allen to hold the ball longer and press and then plays break down and things get weird.

He went for 8 and a half per pass attempt, with cluster injuries in their secondary they shouldn't be able to run with our skill position personnel and if somehow they do then there should be checkdowns to backs and TEs to keep us on schedule. the run game was not working as well as the pass game and I felt we were giving downs away. jmo

• Thank you (+1) 1