WTF

Foxx

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Of the people who have tagged me, I decided to respond here. 🤷‍♂️ I apologize if this is long and rambling. I will try and address the issue, but it also contains bits and pieces of thoughts I have had over a decade. This is not directed at you personally. "Your" applies to many people.

Pre-pre-pre-amble: 
To state an obvious point, to some, but lost on others... I am a human being, over 50, with my own life filled with good stuff, bad stuff, health issues, family issues, career, etc... Prior to this virus getting hold in the US, my left arm was numb 24/7. I was convinced that the massive cervical herniations in my neck could best be solved by an artificial disc replacement oversees. I was working on my insurance in March, when everything came to a halt. Thankfully, weeks later, it appears my body reabsorbed my herniations and the numbness went away. Fast-forward to today. I live on the edge with my condition. I try to sleep on a rolled up towel under my head. Most positions when I lie down and relax or try to sleep cause both my arms to go numb. I get constantly woken up because of it. "Relaxing" is anything but. It's a daily reminder that I have a serious condition circling my waters. 

I have a kid struggling to navigate college amid COVID-19. I have another with a laundry list of health issues we try to manage everyday. My wife is immune-compromised with her issues. The good news is we were distracted this summer by building a nice pool for my family, despite the kids being mostly grown. It was a foolish financial decision made only to provide a home escape for their health. 

So here I am. Over 50 years old, navigating my own increasingly complicated existence taking time on a Sunday Morning summoned in a politics subforum in Buffalo Bills community to talk about some random, anonymous (to me anyway) individual on the internet. What better way to spend a beautiful fall morning right?

I say this, not because I want sympathy or to suggest that my family and I are different. My point is that I am the same as everyone. I am not a TBD on-call robot with infinite bandwidth. And while many people automatically get this. Many do not. Being mindful that you are one of hundreds and hundreds of people demanding our minuscule gift of time is not an unreasonable expectation.

Pre-pre-amble:
This is a Buffalo Bills community. It's a simple statement. For decades, I have done my best (although sometimes not good enough), to provide a place for people to talk about the team and the NFL. It's amazing so many people have chosen to stick around all these years. I am also fully aware of the countless friendships that have been made and the small opportunities that have come along (like KtD writing for the Buffalo News, Lori writing for her home town paper, Moose making wallpapers for the Bills) that may have been aided by our community. 

With that said, I don't run 4chan for Bills fans. I don't run The Donald for Bills fans. While this subforum may be extremely important to many members personally, please realize this is not what we do. PPP is not the dog. 

I do not moderate this subforum. None of the moderators do. I have done my best for well over 10 years, for better or worse (probably worse), to be blissfully ignorant of what goes on here. I can tell you prior to this administration there were probably many years I didn't come in here. Years. If i didn't know about, then I happily ignored it. This is probably not the best thing I've done, but moderating politics on the internet is not something I care to do. I've kept his place open in an ever-changing internet landscape because a lot of people here have enjoyed it and have made friends.  I stayed away FOR the benefit of the people here. A politics board in a Buffalo Bills community has been kept open BECAUSE of you. 

Pre-amble:

Censorship. PPP has 800k posts right now and an untouched 3-year topic on Qanon. 🤦‍♂️ Take your stellar analysis elsewhere. 

The situation:

Please take a moment and step back from your personal relationships and look at this situation from my point of view. I am not the "Buffalo Bills community administrator for my personal friends". I have to hear everyone. I have to weigh everyone's conduct. I have to consider fairness to everyone. I have to consider the legitimacy of dissenting points of view for everyone. I don't get to ignore my friends' behavior because - "hey, we are friends and I agree with them, so I don't care". I don't have that luxury. Please consider that my position extends far beyond my own personal preferences.

With that said, I experience this place different from others. Everyone's personal experience differs from others here. We read vastly different subsets of posts. We participate more in one area or the other. We befriend some but not the others. Some skim, some read intently. Some read the message only, some take into account of who is saying what. We all peer into this place looking through different soda straws.

Your experience may that DR is a great guy and a valuable member of this forum. This is what you see through your soda straw. My soda straw is different. 

As I said earlier, I try my best to avoid this place. I never, ever, ever just look here to see "what's up". However, when stuff gets reported I am forced to at least look and acknowledge the report exists. I then decide, and make no mistake it is a decision, to give a further look. So, my point of view, my experience, my soda straw is that despite my attempts to avoid this place - my nose gets shoved in ***** on a regular basis. It's on these occasions when my nose gets shoved in *****, that I am forced to acknowledge awfulness that would never, ever exist in any other place in the community.

For instance, in August, DR started a topic that basically said, "This topic is to be used by the community to ***** on another member". 

This may not register with you, but as the admin here - it registers with me. It's a BIG deal. We have probably had 8-9 million posts in this community. This is the first time I have ever seen this done to this extreme. Raw and ugly. (This is waaaaay different than some call out post over a beef. In the message board world, this was psychotic.) It doesn't matter if you think the "other member" is annoying or that you dislike them. It doesn't matter how valuable you think DR is to a politics discussion in a Buffalo Bills community. I am the administrator for BOTH people here, as well everyone else in the community at large.

I suspended him for 30 days. I was met with a childish barrage of additional accounts being registered. Completely wasting my time.

When he came back I met with an instant PM pissing match between him and another member that included me. Again. Over 50 years, with a real life to attend to. DR ignores it.

Then last night I get barraged with 5-6 reports from PPP. So I again stop what i am doing to look into a politics subforum in a Buffalo bills community. And there he is - calling a member an ####### 1, 2, 3, 4 times in a row. Oblivious to what happened a month ago. That member he bombed had all the appearances of just trying to talk. What am I, now having my nose shoved into another pile of his *****, supposed to do? Say others think DR is a very valuable member in a politics subforum in a Buffalo Bills community and therefore he has carte blanche to treat anyone, anywhere however he wants, whenever he wants? I can't unsee it. It was completely brazen and completely dismissive of an event we just had before. While DR was calling another member an #######, he was flipping me the middle finger.

This is where I ask each of you to step back and see this through my soda straw. As an administrator, I don't care about his politics or his point of view. All that conspiracy stuff is sitting right there untouched. However, his grotesque treatment of others is actually behavior that I am forced to occasionally address. He unnecessarily takes time away from me and my life to deal with his extreme behavior. 

Do not be angry at me. Be angry at DR. It is his conduct that has created this situation. His. It is his ability to just ignore people. It is his inability to put people on the ignore list. It is his inability to respond to others, not in a civil way, but something, anything, short of extreme. It is his inability to acknowledge what happened a month ago and make trivial adjustments to his interactions.

That's my position from where I sit. I hope you at least consider what I wrote above, think about my position, and realize "being valuable" to some people isn't a golden ticket to do as you please.

If you read this far. Thanks for reading. Go Bills.

Bravo and thank you for all you do. Really that’s the only response to this post. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

When "looking through a straw" you do not see the whole picture.

Perhaps action should not be taken until that is known.

I can understand your frustration when a member who has been suspended continues to "break the rules".

but surely you can see our concern when we read daily  hourly, other members calling people just as bad or worse, and no reprimand to them.

There is no room on any board for an agent paid to create chaos. DR in my opinion is one of Putin's boys. He has other posting egos to support his positions. Thank you SDS for keeping PPP for real people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

There is no room on any board for an agent paid to create chaos. DR in my opinion is one of Putin's boys. He has other posting egos to support his positions. Thank you SDS for keeping PPP for real people. 

derp de derp de derpa derp.  

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Of the people who have tagged me, I decided to respond here. 🤷‍♂️ I apologize if this is long and rambling. I will try and address the issue, but it also contains bits and pieces of thoughts I have had over a decade. This is not directed at you personally. "Your" applies to many people.

Pre-pre-pre-amble: 
To state an obvious point, to some, but lost on others... I am a human being, over 50, with my own life filled with good stuff, bad stuff, health issues, family issues, career, etc... Prior to this virus getting hold in the US, my left arm was numb 24/7. I was convinced that the massive cervical herniations in my neck could best be solved by an artificial disc replacement oversees. I was working on my insurance in March, when everything came to a halt. Thankfully, weeks later, it appears my body reabsorbed my herniations and the numbness went away. Fast-forward to today. I live on the edge with my condition. I try to sleep on a rolled up towel under my head. Most positions when I lie down and relax or try to sleep cause both my arms to go numb. I get constantly woken up because of it. "Relaxing" is anything but. It's a daily reminder that I have a serious condition circling my waters. 

I have a kid struggling to navigate college amid COVID-19. I have another with a laundry list of health issues we try to manage everyday. My wife is immune-compromised with her issues. The good news is we were distracted this summer by building a nice pool for my family, despite the kids being mostly grown. It was a foolish financial decision made only to provide a home escape for their health. 

So here I am. Over 50 years old, navigating my own increasingly complicated existence taking time on a Sunday Morning summoned in a politics subforum in Buffalo Bills community to talk about some random, anonymous (to me anyway) individual on the internet. What better way to spend a beautiful fall morning right?

I say this, not because I want sympathy or to suggest that my family and I are different. My point is that I am the same as everyone. I am not a TBD on-call robot with infinite bandwidth. And while many people automatically get this. Many do not. Being mindful that you are one of hundreds and hundreds of people demanding our minuscule gift of time is not an unreasonable expectation.

Pre-pre-amble:
This is a Buffalo Bills community. It's a simple statement. For decades, I have done my best (although sometimes not good enough), to provide a place for people to talk about the team and the NFL. It's amazing so many people have chosen to stick around all these years. I am also fully aware of the countless friendships that have been made and the small opportunities that have come along (like KtD writing for the Buffalo News, Lori writing for her home town paper, Moose making wallpapers for the Bills) that may have been aided by our community. 

With that said, I don't run 4chan for Bills fans. I don't run The Donald for Bills fans. While this subforum may be extremely important to many members personally, please realize this is not what we do. PPP is not the dog. 

I do not moderate this subforum. None of the moderators do. I have done my best for well over 10 years, for better or worse (probably worse), to be blissfully ignorant of what goes on here. I can tell you prior to this administration there were probably many years I didn't come in here. Years. If i didn't know about, then I happily ignored it. This is probably not the best thing I've done, but moderating politics on the internet is not something I care to do. I've kept his place open in an ever-changing internet landscape because a lot of people here have enjoyed it and have made friends.  I stayed away FOR the benefit of the people here. A politics board in a Buffalo Bills community has been kept open BECAUSE of you. 

Pre-amble:

Censorship. PPP has 800k posts right now and an untouched 3-year topic on Qanon. 🤦‍♂️ Take your stellar analysis elsewhere. 

The situation:

Please take a moment and step back from your personal relationships and look at this situation from my point of view. I am not the "Buffalo Bills community administrator for my personal friends". I have to hear everyone. I have to weigh everyone's conduct. I have to consider fairness to everyone. I have to consider the legitimacy of dissenting points of view for everyone. I don't get to ignore my friends' behavior because - "hey, we are friends and I agree with them, so I don't care". I don't have that luxury. Please consider that my position extends far beyond my own personal preferences.

With that said, I experience this place different from others. Everyone's personal experience differs from others here. We read vastly different subsets of posts. We participate more in one area or the other. We befriend some but not the others. Some skim, some read intently. Some read the message only, some take into account of who is saying what. We all peer into this place looking through different soda straws.

Your experience may that DR is a great guy and a valuable member of this forum. This is what you see through your soda straw. My soda straw is different. 

As I said earlier, I try my best to avoid this place. I never, ever, ever just look here to see "what's up". However, when stuff gets reported I am forced to at least look and acknowledge the report exists. I then decide, and make no mistake it is a decision, to give a further look. So, my point of view, my experience, my soda straw is that despite my attempts to avoid this place - my nose gets shoved in ***** on a regular basis. It's on these occasions when my nose gets shoved in *****, that I am forced to acknowledge awfulness that would never, ever exist in any other place in the community.

For instance, in August, DR started a topic that basically said, "This topic is to be used by the community to ***** on another member". 

This may not register with you, but as the admin here - it registers with me. It's a BIG deal. We have probably had 8-9 million posts in this community. This is the first time I have ever seen this done to this extreme. Raw and ugly. (This is waaaaay different than some call out post over a beef. In the message board world, this was psychotic.) It doesn't matter if you think the "other member" is annoying or that you dislike them. It doesn't matter how valuable you think DR is to a politics discussion in a Buffalo Bills community. I am the administrator for BOTH people here, as well everyone else in the community at large.

I suspended him for 30 days. I was met with a childish barrage of additional accounts being registered. Completely wasting my time.

When he came back I met with an instant PM pissing match between him and another member that included me. Again. Over 50 years, with a real life to attend to. DR ignores it.

Then last night I get barraged with 5-6 reports from PPP. So I again stop what i am doing to look into a politics subforum in a Buffalo bills community. And there he is - calling a member an ####### 1, 2, 3, 4 times in a row. Oblivious to what happened a month ago. That member he bombed had all the appearances of just trying to talk. What am I, now having my nose shoved into another pile of his *****, supposed to do? Say others think DR is a very valuable member in a politics subforum in a Buffalo Bills community and therefore he has carte blanche to treat anyone, anywhere however he wants, whenever he wants? I can't unsee it. It was completely brazen and completely dismissive of an event we just had before. While DR was calling another member an #######, he was flipping me the middle finger.

This is where I ask each of you to step back and see this through my soda straw. As an administrator, I don't care about his politics or his point of view. All that conspiracy stuff is sitting right there untouched. However, his grotesque treatment of others is actually behavior that I am forced to occasionally address. He unnecessarily takes time away from me and my life to deal with his extreme behavior. 

Do not be angry at me. Be angry at DR. It is his conduct that has created this situation. His. It is his ability to just ignore people. It is his inability to put people on the ignore list. It is his inability to respond to others, not in a civil way, but something, anything, short of extreme. It is his inability to acknowledge what happened a month ago and make trivial adjustments to his interactions.

That's my position from where I sit. I hope you at least consider what I wrote above, think about my position, and realize "being valuable" to some people isn't a golden ticket to do as you please.

Thanks for the explanation Scott.  It was not easy for you but I think it was something we needed.  To understand what happened.  Again thanks. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Thanks for the explanation Scott.  It was not easy for you but I think it was something we needed.  To understand what happened.  Again thanks. 

thanks for the comment. I know people are angry, but I wanted to let you know that I have read the concerns here and I have already implemented some changes and will be suggesting something in the near future. Maybe tonight.

In the meantime this defense is giving me heartburn. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

thanks for the comment. I know people are angry, but I wanted to let you know that I have read the concerns here and I have already implemented some changes and will be suggesting something in the near future. Maybe tonight.

Chef Jim. Heartburn free for 5 years (I think)

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

Exactly. WTF D?!?!

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Hey!!  Keep the sports talk out of here. 

We are all comrades in football my man. This is what I’m saying. This whole thing of treating each other like crap using anon usernames is nonsense. I’ll happily throw you through a table at Hammers Lot and drink a few Labbatts. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We are all comrades in football my man. This is what I’m saying. This whole thing of treating each other like crap using anon usernames is nonsense. I’ll happily throw you through a table at Hammers Lot and drink a few Labbatts. 

We are not all comrades in football.  I think this is year 6 for me not really following the Bills. My saying at the time we “fool me once shame on you fool me 17 ***** times!!  😡😡

Now I have been to some tailgates since but that

was for the friendships not the team 

Sunday’s in the fall and winter have been pure bliss!  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We are not all comrades in football.  I think this is year 6 for me not really following the Bills. My saying at the time we “fool me once shame on you fool me 17 ***** times!!  😡😡

You come to PPP just for the great community? You really need some drinks. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SDS said:

Thanks for the explanation SDS.

I understand posters' frustrations as this board has successfully self regulated for lo these many years, and now there seems to be a small cohort who runs to a mod every time the argument gets heated. So that's disappointing. That said, DR choose to engage those people, and choose to not avoid trouble despite the warnings, so he bears that responsibility. 

Those remaining should use this opportunity to realize that being too proud to use the ignore function when needed is not a winning strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SDS said:

Pre-pre-pre-amble: 

Pre-pre-amble:

Pre-amble:

The situation:

Once again SDS thanks for the Bills forum for our, well most of ours, favorite team.

No simple answers here.  The easy route is to shut it down.  The world will not end and the entire focus will be on the Bills.  I like keeping politics out of the main board - football only IMO.

If PPP is totally unsupervised many take advantage of the lack of control.  Rather than a discussion of ideas, it becomes the cesspool.

The interim is what I would recommend.  There are a handful who abuse the norms of society and would (well most I suspect) not act this way in public.  Weed those bad apples out and if the remaining members can not behave, shut it down.  In about 10 minutes of browsing the offenders would be identified.  No second chance, goodbye.

The third option is more work at the start but may be easier in the long run.  A self moderated forum is a worthy goal but human nature always comes into play.

Regardless of your decision, I will be avidly on the football forums.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

120326228_4666022350078118_4260321768012

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Put them all on ignore. Life is better when you can pretend they never existed to start with. 

Yeah, I am. Took me a while to figure out how. That said, PPP is being raided, which should be concerning. New rando accounts spamming here are not even Bills' fans, and come here to frap on many who have posted here for years.I hope the real posters don't give in, as this place is currently under attack. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

DR in my opinion is one of Putin's boys. 

Your 'opinion' is wrong.

21 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You do realize DR used to accuse people of being paid posters right?

Thanks for making the point of unequal treatment...............

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

blah blah blah

So, in other words, you banned him twice without warning, without explanation, without bothering to find out what the ***** was actually going on, and without having the moderator for PPP that you appointed look into it?

Awesome.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So, in other words, you banned him twice without warning, without explanation, without bothering to find out what the ***** was actually going on, and without having the moderator for PPP that you appointed look into it?

Awesome.

That’s your takeaway?

The owner of the site, a human being with a real life and problems had some guy who was too big for his britches (on a football politics board, nice!!) busting his chops so he banned him. He had a reason. He gave it. And guess what: He didn’t even need a reason. 

Let’s all act more civil here and like we were in person and maybe this place survives. If not, shut it down and take posts like yours to Twitter. Better yet just be a compassionate person all the time. 

You get worst post of the decade and should really apologize in case you’re just on a bender and regret this in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

That’s your takeaway?

The owner of the site, a human being with a real life and problems had some guy who was too big for his britches (on a football politics board, nice!!) busting his chops so he banned him. He had a reason. He gave it. And guess what: He didn’t even need a reason. 

Let’s all act more civil here and like we were in person and maybe this place survives. If not, shut it down and take posts like yours to Twitter. Better yet just be a compassionate person all the time. 

You get worst post of the decade and should really apologize in case you’re just on a bender and regret this in the morning. 

Oh, will you stop being such a whiny B word for once?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SDS said:

Then last night I get barraged with 5-6 reports from PPP. So I again stop what i am doing to look into a politics subforum in a Buffalo bills community.

Sorry about your personal issues, Wondering if those 5-6 reports are from the same people liking this post of yours, and celebrating DR ban?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

End of the Deep State.....RIP

Hardly.  The public evidence of wrongdoing is overwhelming, there has been a guilty plea, at least one grand jury empaneled and an ongoing investigation.  If Trump is re-elected, the investigation will run to conclusion and we'll know a lot more then.  If Biden is elected, it's hard to imagine him not ending the investigation. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Koko, why do you have to see the school janitor's assistant after school ??

You're missing the point. He put himself (when he wrote "me") and class in the same sentence. That must violate all sense of propriety, terms of service and human sensitivity. 

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Wait...

So you've been posting regularly in a Bills forum and you aren't even a Bills fan?!?!

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Your 'opinion' is wrong.

How do you know? :huh:

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cinga said:

Sorry about your personal issues, Wondering if those 5-6 reports are from the same people liking this post of yours, and celebrating DR ban?

Not in my case. I’ve reported one poster and they spent 2 days repeating the same exact (non political) post over and over and over across multiple threads so it was just an annoying spam job. Chandler responded and said more or less “We don’t care what happens at Ppp.” Fortunately the poster stopped his campaign after 4 days. 

Edited by shoshin