WTF

Foxx

22 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

A valuable contributor has been jettisoned to the delight of those who collectively contribute virtually nothing to the conversation.

Most either spam the board with vapid nonsense, or drop by for hit and run posts that they can't be bothered to support.

It's a sad day for PPP.

The worst among us wanted to kill this forum, and it looks like they've gotten their wish.

unlike the typical replies to assumed liberals 

you’re an idiot 

you don’t know crap

who dropped you on your head 

libtard and a slew of others 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’d be more general. Would he apply that same standard to someone he agreed with. 

You may self delete anytime you like. A free society is kinda cool in that regard. 🙄

i can also not.  A free society is kinda cool in that regard.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So any liberal point of view is just trolling? 

That’s just complete myopia masquerading as serious outrage. 

Trolling to the board, no. 

Trolling to the ideas of the Founders, yes. 

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

unlike the typical replies to assumed liberals 

you’re an idiot 

you don’t know crap

who dropped you on your head 

libtard and a slew of others 

Have you seen any libs saying identical things to righties?  Hint:. You won't have to scroll back very far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

i think the trolls have ruined this forum.  And DR was heavily was involved in letting it happen by literally thinking he was at war with them.

I wish PPP was deleted.  It’s a cesspool 

Wow, fortunately for you the answer is simple:  Never post here again, never read anything posted here, never click on whatever link you use to get to PPP.  There, that should take care of your concerns so hasta luego!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Booooooo  hoooooo!    This thread has turned into a non-stop self pity party for all the indignant Righties who suddenly finding themselves sharing PPP with posters of different political views!!!   :lol:     To quote Covid Donnie, "It is what it is".

On the contrary, I (and I suspect most) prefer having more opposing viewpoints to debate. You're the ones who want to silence the people who disagree with you. We just want the right to explain why you're wrong. You guys don't handle that well.

Who do you see celebrating the banning of a poster with different political views?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't believe y'all are wasting all this time fighting when Trump's polling looks devastating. There is still a long way to go, 30 days is a political lifetime but it's hard to ignore the tsunami of polls that says America hates Trump. Somebody needs to do something. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Wow, fortunately for you the answer is simple:  Never post here again, never read anything posted here, never click on whatever link you use to get to PPP.  There, that should take care of your concerns so hasta luego!

nope.

so anyways, let’s not forget what DR believed in.  He believes that prior to trump running for president, a small group of military leaders selected him.  Why?  Because they wanted to go after pedophiles but the government was an obstacle due to Washington being in bed with Hollywood, who are mainly pedophiles.  They selected trump because he was outside of Washington and he would (1) not be influenced and (2) purposefully act like a buffoon for the purpose of being hate and attention onto himself (letting the military do what they need without attention).  

if that sounds like a sane person, then yikes

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If it were up to you, would you apply this same standard to someone who has declared police all to be cogs in a terrorist organization?

If that person presented the information as fact rather than opinion, yes.    The primary tactic for presenting opinions and/or outright lies as "fact" is citing sources that claim factual knowlege when it's only belief or even an outright lie -- like denying that the Holocaust occurred.  Example:  About 2003 at the height of the hysteria over terrorism because of 9/11,  I was on another MB where a poster insisted that Muslim terrorists were bringing nuclear weapons across the Mexican border into the southwestern US.  He cited a website run by this guy who supposedly was an "analyst" for the CIA in Iraq, at least that was what his internet bio claimed.  The analyst supposedly got his "info" from an article on another website which he also owned under a different name.  The "article" with the supposed specifics about the missiles was behind a paywall on a site owned by some organization that was headed by the supposed analyst.  It was all a scam to get fools to part with their dollars by going around in circles.

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

nope.

so anyways, let’s not forget what DR believed in.  He believes that prior to trump running for president, a small group of military leaders selected him.  Why?  Because they wanted to go after pedophiles but the government was an obstacle due to Washington being in bed with Hollywood, who are mainly pedophiles.  They selected trump because he was outside of Washington and he would (1) not be influenced and (2) purposefully act like a buffoon for the purpose of being hate and attention onto himself (letting the military do what they need without attention).  

if that sounds like a sane person, then yikes

I don’t do the Q thing. I pay it no attention. 

But I’m not gonna lie....these raids that have happened in multiple states over the past couple of months that have broken up child sex trafficking rings did not go unnoticed by me, and it darn sure didn’t go unnoticed by the Q crowd. 

Now, what I read is you stating that Rhino dislikes pedophiles.....well, I’m ok with that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I don’t do the Q thing. I pay it no attention. 

But I’m not gonna lie....these raids that have happened in multiple states over the past couple of months that have broken up child sex trafficking rings did not go unnoticed by me, and it darn sure didn’t go unnoticed by the Q crowd. 

Now, what I read is you stating that Rhino dislikes pedophiles.....well, I’m ok with that. 

No.  That is not what I am saying.  There is the normal person = dislike pedophiles.  Then there is Q = believe a giant (easily debunked) backstory and use pedophile arrests to say "hey, told you we are right."  You see, conspiracy people like to latch onto one true thing (pedophiles are bad and are getting arrested), and then tie a bunch of bs into it to manipulate not very smart people.  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Keep complaining and tagging SDS. 

You might piss him off enough to close this place down. 

Are you under the table in these “meetings” 

Can you brownnose a little less ? 

Lmfao @ the Cnn boys that want to shut down anything that doesn’t have Don Lemons #### on it 🥴🤣🤣

Edited by Teddy KGB

In other words, if you believe that Trump was elected to root out a secret child-sex trafficking ring run by satanic politicians and celebrities.....you might be a red neck.  I mean idiot.  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

On the contrary, I (and I suspect most) prefer having more opposing viewpoints to debate. You're the ones who want to silence the people who disagree with you. We just want the right to explain why you're wrong. You guys don't handle that well.

Who do you see celebrating the banning of a poster with different political views?

....EXACTLY....."always attack....never defend" is the mantra.....debate??...seriously?......offer a differing opinion and he comes the "Twitterisms" from "highly (COUGH) reputable sources".....some of the more "eloquent" responses are...HOAX....FAKE NEWS....CULT..." etc, with significant time (COUGH AGAIN) spent to compose those debate responses....if SDS and the MODS determine this slippery slope is irreversible, I can see PPP meeting the SAME demise as BBMB...which may be the objective for some anyhow......SMH.........

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....EXACTLY....."always attack....never defend" is the mantra.....debate??...seriously?......offer a differing opinion and he comes the "Twitterisms" from "highly (COUGH) reputable sources".....some of the more "eloquent" responses are...HOAX....FAKE NEWS....CULT..." etc, with significant time (COUGH AGAIN) spent to compose those debate responses....if SDS and the MODS determine this slippery slope is irreversible, I can see PPP meeting the SAME demise as BBMB...which may be the objective for some anyhow......SMH.........

Tinfoil hats for sale, come get your DR approved tinfoil hat!

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and I'd bet they're probably the BIGGEST offenders.....PPP's "Eddie Haskels" no doubt.............

Eddie Haskell would not be so brazen to admit they run to mods....like this one does.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have your dog take you for a walk sonny.......bring the blue bag.......you're sure "to go"......sad sack............

Must suck being on the other side of it... 

The best is you guys are crying about the same ***** that has been brought up against others including DR and instead you all laughed at it. Now it's not funny when it's happening to you. It needed to happen just too much false information being posted on here with the attacks that come with it 

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

They remind me of locusts. They come down in flocks, destroy everything, then head to another website that they don't agree with and do it all over again. 

Shame on SDS and the mods who refuse to see what's going on. 

They did see what was going on which is why  your troll king got banned.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Just being honest, bro. If you disappeared tomorrow, by next week no one would remember you were ever here.

That matters in PPP why?  I don't think I want people remembering me in PPP b.c usually when you are remembered in this sub forum it means you are either outright crazy or the Troll king DR himself.

16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

In what world does it make even a little bit of sense that a dude like Billstime can post the same stupid, insulting, childish gifs over and over and over, but DR gets tossed?

Really sucks, @SDS.  Dude's a good contributor here.

Of the people who have tagged me, I decided to respond here. 🤷‍♂️ I apologize if this is long and rambling. I will try and address the issue, but it also contains bits and pieces of thoughts I have had over a decade. This is not directed at you personally. "Your" applies to many people.

Pre-pre-pre-amble: 
To state an obvious point, to some, but lost on others... I am a human being, over 50, with my own life filled with good stuff, bad stuff, health issues, family issues, career, etc... Prior to this virus getting hold in the US, my left arm was numb 24/7. I was convinced that the massive cervical herniations in my neck could best be solved by an artificial disc replacement oversees. I was working on my insurance in March, when everything came to a halt. Thankfully, weeks later, it appears my body reabsorbed my herniations and the numbness went away. Fast-forward to today. I live on the edge with my condition. I try to sleep on a rolled up towel under my head. Most positions when I lie down and relax or try to sleep cause both my arms to go numb. I get constantly woken up because of it. "Relaxing" is anything but. It's a daily reminder that I have a serious condition circling my waters. 

I have a kid struggling to navigate college amid COVID-19. I have another with a laundry list of health issues we try to manage everyday. My wife is immune-compromised with her issues. The good news is we were distracted this summer by building a nice pool for my family, despite the kids being mostly grown. It was a foolish financial decision made only to provide a home escape for their health. 

So here I am. Over 50 years old, navigating my own increasingly complicated existence taking time on a Sunday Morning summoned in a politics subforum in Buffalo Bills community to talk about some random, anonymous (to me anyway) individual on the internet. What better way to spend a beautiful fall morning right?

I say this, not because I want sympathy or to suggest that my family and I are different. My point is that I am the same as everyone. I am not a TBD on-call robot with infinite bandwidth. And while many people automatically get this. Many do not. Being mindful that you are one of hundreds and hundreds of people demanding our minuscule gift of time is not an unreasonable expectation.

Pre-pre-amble:
This is a Buffalo Bills community. It's a simple statement. For decades, I have done my best (although sometimes not good enough), to provide a place for people to talk about the team and the NFL. It's amazing so many people have chosen to stick around all these years. I am also fully aware of the countless friendships that have been made and the small opportunities that have come along (like KtD writing for the Buffalo News, Lori writing for her home town paper, Moose making wallpapers for the Bills) that may have been aided by our community. 

With that said, I don't run 4chan for Bills fans. I don't run The Donald for Bills fans. While this subforum may be extremely important to many members personally, please realize this is not what we do. PPP is not the dog. 

I do not moderate this subforum. None of the moderators do. I have done my best for well over 10 years, for better or worse (probably worse), to be blissfully ignorant of what goes on here. I can tell you prior to this administration there were probably many years I didn't come in here. Years. If i didn't know about, then I happily ignored it. This is probably not the best thing I've done, but moderating politics on the internet is not something I care to do. I've kept his place open in an ever-changing internet landscape because a lot of people here have enjoyed it and have made friends.  I stayed away FOR the benefit of the people here. A politics board in a Buffalo Bills community has been kept open BECAUSE of you. 

Pre-amble:

Censorship. PPP has 800k posts right now and an untouched 3-year topic on Qanon. 🤦‍♂️ Take your stellar analysis elsewhere. 

The situation:

Please take a moment and step back from your personal relationships and look at this situation from my point of view. I am not the "Buffalo Bills community administrator for my personal friends". I have to hear everyone. I have to weigh everyone's conduct. I have to consider fairness to everyone. I have to consider the legitimacy of dissenting points of view for everyone. I don't get to ignore my friends' behavior because - "hey, we are friends and I agree with them, so I don't care". I don't have that luxury. Please consider that my position extends far beyond my own personal preferences.

With that said, I experience this place different from others. Everyone's personal experience differs from others here. We read vastly different subsets of posts. We participate more in one area or the other. We befriend some but not the others. Some skim, some read intently. Some read the message only, some take into account of who is saying what. We all peer into this place looking through different soda straws.

Your experience may that DR is a great guy and a valuable member of this forum. This is what you see through your soda straw. My soda straw is different. 

As I said earlier, I try my best to avoid this place. I never, ever, ever just look here to see "what's up". However, when stuff gets reported I am forced to at least look and acknowledge the report exists. I then decide, and make no mistake it is a decision, to give a further look. So, my point of view, my experience, my soda straw is that despite my attempts to avoid this place - my nose gets shoved in ***** on a regular basis. It's on these occasions when my nose gets shoved in *****, that I am forced to acknowledge awfulness that would never, ever exist in any other place in the community.

For instance, in August, DR started a topic that basically said, "This topic is to be used by the community to ***** on another member". 

This may not register with you, but as the admin here - it registers with me. It's a BIG deal. We have probably had 8-9 million posts in this community. This is the first time I have ever seen this done to this extreme. Raw and ugly. (This is waaaaay different than some call out post over a beef. In the message board world, this was psychotic.) It doesn't matter if you think the "other member" is annoying or that you dislike them. It doesn't matter how valuable you think DR is to a politics discussion in a Buffalo Bills community. I am the administrator for BOTH people here, as well everyone else in the community at large.

I suspended him for 30 days. I was met with a childish barrage of additional accounts being registered. Completely wasting my time.

When he came back I met with an instant PM pissing match between him and another member that included me. Again. Over 50 years, with a real life to attend to. DR ignores it.

Then last night I get barraged with 5-6 reports from PPP. So I again stop what i am doing to look into a politics subforum in a Buffalo bills community. And there he is - calling a member an ####### 1, 2, 3, 4 times in a row. Oblivious to what happened a month ago. That member he bombed had all the appearances of just trying to talk. What am I, now having my nose shoved into another pile of his *****, supposed to do? Say others think DR is a very valuable member in a politics subforum in a Buffalo Bills community and therefore he has carte blanche to treat anyone, anywhere however he wants, whenever he wants? I can't unsee it. It was completely brazen and completely dismissive of an event we just had before. While DR was calling another member an #######, he was flipping me the middle finger.

This is where I ask each of you to step back and see this through my soda straw. As an administrator, I don't care about his politics or his point of view. All that conspiracy stuff is sitting right there untouched. However, his grotesque treatment of others is actually behavior that I am forced to occasionally address. He unnecessarily takes time away from me and my life to deal with his extreme behavior. 

Do not be angry at me. Be angry at DR. It is his conduct that has created this situation. His. It is his ability to just ignore people. It is his inability to put people on the ignore list. It is his inability to respond to others, not in a civil way, but something, anything, short of extreme. It is his inability to acknowledge what happened a month ago and make trivial adjustments to his interactions.

That's my position from where I sit. I hope you at least consider what I wrote above, think about my position, and realize "being valuable" to some people isn't a golden ticket to do as you please.

If you read this far. Thanks for reading. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 12

When "looking through a straw" you do not see the whole picture.

Perhaps action should not be taken until that is known.

I can understand your frustration when a member who has been suspended continues to "break the rules".

but surely you can see our concern when we read daily  hourly, other members calling people just as bad or worse, and no reprimand to them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

@SDS 

The problem is this: 

There are two kinds of posters on this side of the forum.

1- the kind that respects the minutia of the forum, respect other posters, post facts, and discuss like adults with a willingness to slap each other once in a while but end as adults.

2- children/trolls/mentally handicapped pond scum who come here to barrage the board with worthless junk and opinions and refuse to engage in a genuine conversation, delete threads when they are proven wrong, and overall cause chaos. 

(Don’t take my delineation to be a right v. Left thing as there are many good posters on the left here who slot into #1)

The first group of people are those who have understood that the mods desire not to mess with this forum. We get that and so we don’t report worthless trolls to the mods. It’s a waste of your time. There’s two options for these posters:

1- utilize the ignore feature (which is largely useless at preventing spam and actually ignoring posts) 

2- engage the mental patients at their level. 

While I can understand issues with posters not respecting the mods, and I get your need to deal with it as you see fit, what I disagree with and where I see you as wrong is this: poster group #1 functions on this board with little to no involvement of the mods. Many of us have been here for several years without reporting stuff, without seeking moderation, and in general existing in this community with the unique rules that exist within.

Group #2 goes out of their way to whine to mods, and seek to change the overall fabric of PPP by involving mods, often times reporting behavior that is identitical to theirs that goes unreported because group #1 doesn’t want to involve the mods. 

So now, over the last 12 months the board has been flooded with demo #2. Ask anyone whose been here for years- it’s getting extreme. Instead of reporting said trolls, and involving mods, we’ve been choosing one or the other of the options while the board as a whole slips into chaos. 

Now you can understand the issue when all the sudden the mods do care to come down here at the request of the trolls and met out justice while not getting involved enough to deal with the trolls. It’s a double standard.

I finish with this: if you want a genuine reflection of what this board looks like/where these lines have been drawn, look at the posting and reputation history is the people in this thread defending DR vs. those attacking him. Doesn’t that say anything about the situation down here that, by your own admission, you remain intentionally ignorant of?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6