WTF

Foxx

24 minutes ago, SDS said:

I realized in my long rambling post that I did make it easy for people like I requested others make it easy for me/us. So, let me expand upon the recent events, that came after the "post in this topic to ***** on X", a 30 day suspension, multiple attempts to bypass it, and an ensuing PM pissing match upon return. This is what I was told to look at:

(My interpretation is that The Frankish Reich is being accused of making a duplicate topic. The response below.)

"

You know how you can tell an asshat from a good poster? "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758287
Thumbs up: Buffalo Gal, carpet crawler, dub, Dragoon

"

Liars gonna lie." Posted ####### meme
Link deleted

"

It's a special: "LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION" post by the board's newest chief Asshat. :lol: It's fun to watch such a dumb man go through such lengths  to prove how incalculably dumb he truly is."

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758300

Thumbs up: dubs, Laughed: cinga

"

You could have put this in any number of threads. It would be just as forgettable and stupid in those threads as it would be on its own. But, the asshat would rather ***** up the board like a pelican because he's in desperate need for attention. It's funny to witness a grown man continually make an ass out of himself in public. :lol: "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758321

"

You're so full of shite you can't even keep up with your own bullshite positions. Carry on being a dishonest asshat. :lol: "
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758354

"

That's unfair to ask. He's not even smart enough to realize the sky is blue. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758385

Upon further investigation, I read this (In response to TFR's request to stop the name calling):

"

Nope. Don't think I will. I gave you weeks of civility, you wanted none of it. Now you just get the horns. Your choice, Frank. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/191395-the-deep-state-war-heats-up-ph34r/?do=findComment&comment=6752991

I have looked over pages and pages and pages of posts by TFR and other than pushing back on positions, conspiracy theories and sometimes the general bent of PPP, I see absolutely nothing outside the normal back and forth of political talk that justified any of this on the heels on that suspension.

TFR's posting history (I apologize for pulling you into this):

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/profile/24239-the-frankish-reich/content/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

Maybe I missed something. 🤷‍♂️

I also want to make it clear that TFR did not report anything. Another member did. So I ask:

1. What do I tell the member who reported the above and expresses to us that another member is facing unwarranted, repetitive abuse?

2. What am I supposed to do after reading the above after just going through this scenario with the reported member?

3. As this country becomes more polarized and as our discourse increasingly gets more extreme, why would I want this Buffalo Bills Community associated with the above (among other things)? A lot of people post anonymously here. I, however, am not (or at least it is the worst secret ever).

I want to note that, unless I missed it, friends of DR didn't exactly call for him to relax. Posters have responded that people here handle it themselves. So far I have failed to see where TFR needed to be handled like this. I do see DR needing to take a step back (IMO), but no advice was offered (unless it was done privately and he ignored it).

Just additional information from my point of view.

That's fine.  As I said, I personally think DR spent too much time getting involved and sometimes his temper got the better of him.

My offer still stands.

Oh, and one last thing… The PM ***** storm that I got pulled into had to do with DR continually accusing another member of supporting child abuse, which DR doubled down on. (I incorrectly stated that the accusation was of direct abuse. I apologize for error.)

9 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

SDS,

DR was extremely patient and always offered legitimate retorts to those that would ask with some civility.  The others wore him down and used his passion against him.  I would argue that you have made a grave mistake banning anyone, especially DR.  We all come here of our own free will and if we can't take the heat, we should leave.  When you start listening to the fans in the seats as Marv once said, you'll soon be sitting with them.  You have created a beautiful place to exchange thoughts and opinions the way it should be, free from censorship.  Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this and thanks so much for this forum and all of TBD.  Go Bills and God Bless America.

I agree. DRs main fault is that he is far too patient. Time and time again he would take the time to try and painstakingly walk new posters through the primary source material that he knows so well. Usually it would lead to the new/"new" poster pushing back in ways that stretched the limits of civility. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

All of you whining about a temporary ban of a poster is cute.

Much like it was beyond you comprehension to understand why it was a terrible thing for you to make fun of Wacka for being the primary caregiver for his 94 year old mother with dementia, you have failed to grasp the real issues here. This forum is SDS's. It's his to run the way he pleases and our choice to come here or not. With that said, PPP was created for a reason and that reason was to keep political talk out of TSW. The demise of PPP would be harmful to TSW by letting political talk slip into the various conversations. We all know that political talk lights fires like no other. 

In the past several months this sub forum has been swamped with cancel culture posters. Their goal is not to discuss and learn but to disrupt and tear down. They want to make this place so uninhabitable that the serious posters go away (Left or Right) or the discourse turns so nasty that it gets shut down. This whole kerfuffle is not really about DR. His banning or suspension is just the culmination of the flooding of this sub forum with people purposefully trying to tear it down. Let's ask ourselves one question. DR has been around here for many years. Has he been in the habit of getting warning points or suspensions prior to the last 2-3 months? What has changed? I'll tell you what has changed, a bevy of new posters put a target on DR because he was/is uniquely qualified via time and experience to research and disseminate information that happens to make the establishment look bad. We here have been fortunate to have him lead the way on feeding us the information 2-3 years ago that is just now coming out in the mainstream news.

Long term good posters have either left or will leave because relatively new posters are trying to set new rules and control this sub forum. These people didn't come here for TSW. They deliberately came here to ***** with PPP and force their cancel culture on posters that have been around a long time. Is this what we want?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

DR was extremely patient and always offered legitimate retorts to those that would ask with some civility.  

DR posted a thousand times a day and tons of it just bully-insults that inflamed an already-bad culture. And SDS explained himself well on what DR did to deserve what he got. 

It wasn't because he insulted a few people.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

DR posted a thousand times a day and tons of it just bully-insults that inflamed an already-bad culture. And SDS explained himself well on what DR did to deserve what he got. 

It wasn't because he insulted a few people.  

Teacher, you forgot to assign us homework!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

3. As this country becomes more polarized and as our discourse increasingly gets more extreme, why would I want this Buffalo Bills Community associated with the above (among other things)? 

We had this discussion here. Most here want to keep it. I think it's time to flush PPP and it's not because of something that happened in the last 3 months--when you started PPP my understanding is that it was a place for the Bills fans to talk politics. It's since become its own thing, for worse, whether it's liberal trolls, pizzagate believers, massive content retweeters and news pasters, etc. And there are so many political outlets these days. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We had this discussion here. Most here want to keep it. I think it's time to flush PPP and it's not because of something that happened in the last 3 months--when you started PPP my understanding is that it was a place for the Bills fans to talk politics. It's since become its own thing, for worse, whether it's liberal trolls, pizzagate believers, massive content retweeters and news pasters, etc. And there are so many political outlets these days. 

I would argue that we need sites like this as sounding boards for free thinkers to exchange thoughts regardless of whether they agree with them or each other now more than ever.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

3 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I would argue that we need sites like this as sounding boards for free thinkers to exchange thoughts regardless of whether they agree with them or each other now more than ever.  

No, that would be wrong.  We need to shut this board down.

Not sure i've ever met a bigger kill joy.

Edited by meazza
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

At least your being very transparent about your utter disdain for free speech.

SDS has been good enough to provide a forum where free speech still exists, which is not the case for most political outlets these days, and you go out of your way to lobby for its abolition. You do this even after he's made it abundantly clear that he has a life outside of the board and would rather not be dragged into it.

Are you so troubled by free speech that you can't tolerate its existence on an obscure political sub-board of a Buffalo Bills message board?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

There are also many other outlets these days to discuss the Buffalo Bills, but im sure that both SDS and countless long time members want this forum as their main Bills outlet.  If you shut down PPP, it instantly makes the mods often thankless job that much more difficult as all that stuff that you're concerned about down in the depths of PPP will most definitely bubble up into the main forums.

Grow a thicker skin, use the ignore function or just don't come to this sub-forum. Not sure why choosing one of those options is so difficult. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

SDS has been good enough to provide a forum where free speech still exists, which is not the case for most political outlets these days, and you go out of your way to lobby for its abolition. You do this even after he's made it abundantly clear that he has a life outside of the board and would rather not be dragged into it.

Are you so troubled by free speech that you can't tolerate its existence on an obscure political sub-board of a Buffalo Bills message board?

It's scary really that people feel this way.  I've seen purely political message boards and those contain the worst of the worst.  Nazi's, commies, etc.   No one wants to really talk to those idiots but you have a relatively friendly message board with left & right of center views with a few extremes and we need to shut it down. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I agree and such sites exist all over. Doesn't need to be part of TBD. 

19 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I'm not troubled by free speech at all. www.[a million sites].com will let you free speak until you run out of oxygen. 

TBD doesn't have to allow you to do that and can choose to create its community how it wants. Just as SDS mentioned that he need not allow posters to accuse others of child abuse. 

I've shared my opinion on it. So have you.

Oh Jesus how'd I get sucked back into this thread?!?!? Gaaaaaahhhhhh

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

There are also many other outlets these days to discuss the Buffalo Bills, but im sure that both SDS and countless long time members want this forum as their main Bills outlet.  If you shut down PPP, it instantly makes the mods often thankless job that much more difficult as all that stuff that you're concerned about down in the depths of PPP will most definitely bubble up into the main forums.

Grow a thicker skin, use the ignore function or just don't come to this sub-forum. Not sure why choosing one of those options is so difficult. 

Agree, especially since the NFL (and other sports leagues) have become more political in recent years. 

Exiled in Illinois is pulling the end PPP card in the shoutbox as SlimShady gives a detailed breakdown of what actually happens in PPP. 

Disregard the acute TDS that has both of them mumbling for the past few years 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Y’all should have liked more of ex’s posts while he was here.      He is scorned.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Exiled in Illinois is pulling the end PPP card in the shoutbox as SlimShady gives a detailed breakdown of what actually happens in PPP. 

Disregard the acute TDS that has both of them mumbling for the past few years 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Best to ignore the riddler. You’ll live longer.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait...

So you've been posting regularly in a Bills forum and you aren't even a Bills fan?!?!

giphy.gif

How do you know? :huh:

None of the alt-righters here are actually Bills fans. They live here because they can't figure out how to use voat.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

None of the alt-righters here are actually Bills fans. They live here because they can't figure out how to use voat.

Pretty sure that most of the users here are bills fans. Go away communist. 

1 minute ago, meazza said:

It's scary really that people feel this way.  I've seen purely political message boards and those contain the worst of the worst.  Nazi's, commies, etc.   No one wants to really talk to those idiots but you have a relatively friendly message board with left & right of center views with a few extremes and we need to shut it down. 

Exactly. For all the aspersions cast upon this board by those who rarely frequent it, the level of discourse is usually a cut above what you'll find across most of the internet. And while some of us have takes on issues that may occasionally flirt with the fringe 0:) we don't have any regulars who are all that extreme, with the possible exception of the guy who thinks all cops are terrorists. 

AD was the perfect mod because he is extremely tolerant of views he finds absurd, but will cast out the few who attempt to bring the board down.

The bottom line is, if the Shoshins of the world are honestly looking for a thoughtful debate they can find it here. Ironically, the only people who may have difficulty finding such a thing are those that entertain the possibility that Orange Man might not be so bad.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Best to ignore the riddler. You’ll live longer.

I normally do as I can’t understand what he’s on, but this was a clear concise sentence from him.       Shut it down because I embarrassed myself 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🥴

48 minutes ago, shoshin said:

When someone tells you so plainly what he is, believe him. If you have a problem with PPP, don't come here and spew your horror and distaste about the place. Just stay away and don't come here to try to press your cancel culture on everybody else. 

• Like (+1) 3

You know there's a problem when life long Democrats want the trolls gone,not just the people on the right. I lost track how many times I've been called a racist or a nazi because I had a different opinion. Yet, here they still are, bragging and boasting about how everyone else should behave. It's pretty disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Apparently understanding what free speech is and is not is a really hard concept for the right to grasp. 

You think it allows you to say and do anything you want on a private message board.
But you think it's ok for police to assault the press, shoot people in the face and use chemical weapons on them at peaceful protests.

The level of cognitive dissonance on display from your crowd is staggering.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Apparently understanding what free speech is and is not is a really hard concept for the right to grasp. 

You think it allows you to say and do anything you want on a private message board.
But you think it's ok for police to assault the press, shoot people in the face and use chemical weapons on them at peaceful protests.

This from the guy who wants President Trump to die from Covid-19. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This from the guy who wants President Trump to die from Covid-19. 

I do. What's your point?

Do you need a definition of a term or are you just stumbling around your house upset that I think your Cheetolini would better serve the world if he were six feet under.

This is like the 5th time you've brought it up in unrelated conversation. You sound like an idiot. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GG said:

Except that the new bots had nothing to do with building up this board over 20 years, and everything to do with blowing it up in 6 momths.

This is a microcosm of the socialist rhetoric, thinking that things just appear out of nowhere, and tearing thing down will lead to a better outcome, even after you chase away people who build things.  Enjoy your victory.

Bye bye.  

Well then, don't keep showing up and promising to leave, "just do it"!   :doh:

5 hours ago, Reality Check said:

The posters who began their accounts in March of 2017 are exceptional. They are among the very best.

Says the newbie who joined in November 2019 and who laughs at the deaths of 210,000+ Americans from the coronavirus. 

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sound the kook alert 🚨🚨🚨

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I do. What's your point?

Do you need a definition of a term or are you just stumbling around your house upset that I think your Cheetolini would better serve the world if he were six feet under.

This is like the 5th time you've brought it up in unrelated conversation. You sound like an idiot. 

Read over what you stated in the what I quoted. It was not an unrelated conversation. 

"Apparently understanding what free speech is and is not is a really hard concept for the right to grasp. 

You think it allows you to say and do anything you want on a private message board."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Read over what you stated in the what I quoted. It was not an unrelated conversation. 

"Apparently understanding what free speech is and is not is a really hard concept for the right to grasp. 

You think it allows you to say and do anything you want on a private message board."

Again, you seem to be confused. I'm under no illusion that this is a private message board and I can be censored or have people oppose what I say without it being against my "free speech".

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Lock her up! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The irony here is staggering. Let me take these one by one for you:

Free speech allows you to communicate the facts and opinions you choose to. The fact that it's a private message board means only that the owner of the message board has the right to abridge free speech if he sees fit. In this case the OWNER of the private message board has allowed free speech to exist in this forum. A relatively new poster is now lobbying him to change that.

And I've never supported police doing any of the things you've listed, although you and I have vastly different definitions of "peaceful protests." That topic can be discussed in the appropriate thread. No need to hijack this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Free speech allows you to communicate the facts and opinions you choose to. The fact that it's a private message board means only that the owner of the message board has the right to abridge free speech if he sees fit. In this case the OWNER of the private message board has allowed free speech to exist in this forum. A relatively new poster is now lobbying him to change that.

And I've never supported police doing any of the things you've listed, although you and I have vastly different definitions of "peaceful protests." That topic can be discussed in the appropriate thread. No need to hijack this one.

Add "irony" to the list of words you don't use correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

4havmj.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

11 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

And I've never supported police doing any of the things you've listed, although you and I have vastly different definitions of "peaceful protests."  in 

You children want to cry about your "free speech"? This is what an outright assault on free speech looks like.

Where were you?