HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Why? Is he an aspiring brain surgeon? If he wants another year at Clemson that's what he'll do. His first paycheck will be enough to retire. I don't know him personally but I think his career will be playing football and he can always go back to school when he's done if he wants to. 

No I meant does what manning did to the jets back in 97 and just stay in school until another team gets the 1st overall pick or pull an Elway and request a trade

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vic_fangio_snubs_adam_gase_on_postgame_handshake_after_broncos_win/s1_127_32993930

The Broncos had a 4th-and-18 with 13 seconds left and the Jets jumped Offside. They punished Rypien with a big hit on the play. Then on the next play, it was 4th-and-13 and Steve McClendon nailed Rypien with a huge hit. The hit resulted in a roughing the passer penalty.

Between the timeouts called in the final minute and big hits on Rypien, Fangio may have been upset with the way Gase handled the end of the game.

The smart money says it wasn't Gase making those calls, but Dirty Greggo

Fangio says it was to avoid confrontations between players, and I can see that.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/02/vic-fangio-attributes-quick-exit-to-potential-confrontations-between-broncos-and-jets-players/

“Well there just was a couple personal fouls there at the end and our sideline was getting pissed off about it and I just wanted to avoid any confrontation at the end of the game and having it get ugly there so I tried to get our guys to leave quickly just to avoid anything happening there,” Fangio told reporters after the game. “I thought it was the prudent thing to do.”

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Gase's interview was interesting on this part Gase didn't even really seem to disagree with it.

Link?  What did he say?

It's a chicken ***** way to behave and I don't see how it can do anything but decrease the morale of the Jets players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I wanted the jets to win. To keep them away from destroying another franchise QB in Trevor Lawrence.

the jets will find a way to ruin Lawrence. He won’t reach his potential there. Mostly bc that whole entire offense is a complete mess. 

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

football, sad, nfl, sadness, dolphins, miami dolphins, bummed, tony  lippett, lippett Gif For Fun – Businesses in USA

I have to -- no, NEED to -- find a way to make this my desktop wallpaper. 👍

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/captain-jet-gives-up-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

Trick photography. No way that guy gets up that quickly without hydraulics.

Edited by Golden Goat

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t see 5 wins on their schedule... or even 2.

Me either. And that’s concerning. Back in the old AFC East days, the Colts were an absolute embarrassment. So much so that I started feeling a little sorry for them.  Then Peyton Manning showed up. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s made 63 million! I mean, I think he just doesn’t want to retire yet and gase was the only one to give him a contract 

Eh, probably.  But lots of well paid athletes somehow manage to end their careers in debt, like how most lottery winners ruin their lives and end up in a worse place.

48 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Is Darnold slowly becoming a bust? Or is it a lack of development? Or are those the same thing/

Darnold's only hope is to get out of that toxic Environment...   The jets are a tire fire top to bottom he has no hope of becoming anything while there. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Is Darnold slowly becoming a bust? Or is it a lack of development? Or are those the same thing/

He's showing what he has shown since his sophomore season in college: he's can make plays but throws a lot of picks.  It's why I didn't want him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. K said:

He needs to get out and go to the Steelers or Colts. The Jets are ruining his career. And with the way that shoulder injury went down last night, also ruining his body.

• Like (+1) 2