HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

The faster somebody knocks the extra g out of Gregg, the better.

The single biggest punk and  slime in the NFL.

All players should beware of him.

Evidence on display last night for all to see.

It's a disgrace he is still an NFL coach.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif

That was us just 5 years ago  :(

On 10/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's weird to think about Flacco and Gore suffering in such a dumpster fire. Wonder what they think.

They think their bank balance is healthy ;)

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

But... I thought he was actually the best QB ever and would be a first ballot Hall of Famer if only he had a better surrounding cast.... that’s so obvious right? Every time anyone says anything about him it includes the excuse that if he had a better situation, he would be amazing!

Isn't that a common (and to some extent true) defense of young QB - that with a decent OL, good run game, and at least 2 good wide receivers they would look better?

And it's probably true. 

Darnold (and Mayfield) looked better in some ways in 2018 than they look now.  Heck, Darnold looked better last year than he looked this year so far.  Certainly Darnold's demeanor was much better.

Darnold was sacked 33 times last season, 2.5 sacks per game.  This season, it's 4 sacks per game so far, on pace for a mind-bending 64 sack season.

17 hours ago, LanderPoke said:

I watched a lot of Rypien at Boise State since, well, they are a MWC foe of Wyoming. Believe it or not, Rypien was thought of as the better prospect for a while.

Can you tell us by who? 

Might sound snarky, but I don't doubt you, I'm just curious, because "by who?" matters

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that a common (and to some extent true) defense of young QB - that with a decent OL, good run game, and at least 2 good wide receivers they would look better?

And it's probably true. 

Darnold (and Mayfield) looked better in some ways in 2018 than they look now.  Heck, Darnold looked better last year than he looked this year so far.  Certainly Darnold's demeanor was much better.

Darnold was sacked 33 times last season, 2.5 sacks per game.  This season, it's 4 sacks per game so far, on pace for a mind-bending 64 sack season.

Can you tell us by who? 

Might sound snarky, but I don't doubt you, I'm just curious, because "by who?" matters

it is common, and it’s not completely without merit, but it’s often times over done. Its used pretty widely as an excuse that ignores some of the real issues guys like Darnold have. Though I have noticed many are coming around to seeing the issues in his game independent of his situation. For instance, the sack where he got hurt. He just missed an open WR so he got hit. 

It’s frustrating because it’s the same thing everyone did with Rosen for a long time before he went elsewhere and showed he was just not good.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And it's probably true. 

Can you tell us by who? 

Darnold looked better when he had Mono last year.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Tonight me and the boys were watching A Football Life: 2006 Rose Bowl and for some reason it included the crawl from 2013.

Raise your hand if you remember this: apparently the Bills interviewed Broncos OC Adam Gase for their head coaching vacancy. 

wow I did not know that.  And for some reason, I was thinking we went from Gailey right to Rex.  I’ve blocked the Marrone era from my mind completely I guess... LOL.

44 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wow I did not know that.  And for some reason, I was thinking we went from Gailey right to Rex.  I’ve blocked the Marrone era from my mind completely I guess... LOL.

It was bizarre watching a documentary on a 2006 college game with a 2013 NFL crawl. As I was watching I assumed it was before the Rex hire too. I had to sense check afterwards to back it into 2013.  For the record the crawl said the Bills would be interviewing Gase, not that they had. I'm assuming it happened but wtf do I know?

• Like (+1) 1