Could Mahomes vs Allen be the next....

TwistofFate

I'll refrain from the let's see Allen do it for a season before we anoint him (I think he will be very good).

Either way, No. It won't be possible. The NFL is currently undergoing to a revolution at the QB position. After years and years of suck, there's a lot of good young QBs. Manny/Brady were clearly in a tier of their own during their time. Right now how could you possibly say that Wilson, Rodgers, Jackson aren't included in that tier? 

• Like (+1) 5

Gonna be Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Deshaun, Burrow and Trevor Lawrence playing for the Jets battling for the next decade+ 

Herbert might be in the mix as well.  The kid looked like the real deal, throwing for 300+ in his first game, vs the SB champs, on 1 hours notice. 

Josh had two great to good games against two bad teams. I get it that good to great QB's beat up on bad teams. But I am not crowing Josh just yet. Let's see how he does against an OK Rams defense and then go from there. I like Josh a lot, super likeable and progressing a lot. But until he puts it together consistently against better teams I am holding off on the crown for now.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Gonna be Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Deshaun, Burrow and Trevor Lawrence playing for the Jets battling for the next decade+ 

Herbert might be in the mix as well.  The kid looked like the real deal, throwing for 300+ in his first game, vs the SB champs, on 1 hours notice. 

AFC is going to have at least 3-4 great QB's in it. I already think Mahomes and Deshaun are there, Lamar likely will be there and Josh is knocking on the door. Burrow and Herbert are interesting possibilities and I think Cam has a nice run in NE unfortunately maybe even Tua might be a solid QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the difference is Allen always has the highest upside of all the QBs in the league, but also had the lowest floor. The difference is his floor went WAY up this year, and the ceiling is basically uncharted because there is no limit at this point.

Has there ever been a QB this big, fast, and insane arm? Mahomes has a big arm, but Allen's is bigger. Mahomes is athletic, but Allen is more athletic. Mahomes has proven more with his arm live in games. If Allen can catch up he still has a higher ceiling than Mahomes which is freaking scary.

He's basically Big Ben 4.0: stronger, faster, bigger arm and NOW more accurate. 

Ahhh... scary.