Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

I feel like I know nothing about Dodson. Klein I feel very confident in running the defense and in the run game but he’s not very fast. He’s going to be a liability in coverage. Dodson, I have no clue. Can he make up for the loss of either guy speed wise? Is this guy going to be able to run with anyone in coverage?

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like I know nothing about Dodson. Klein I feel very confident in running the defense and in the run game but he’s not very fast. He’s going to be a liability in coverage. Dodson, I have no clue. Can he make up for the loss of either guy speed wise? Is this guy going to be able to run with anyone in coverage?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8dae588e-b56a-4d0c-a41a-7fdd33ced7a3

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would actually feel better playing Klein and Neal at LB and taking our chances stopping the run. Almost ask them to run it at us. Rather then have 2 lbs get exposed with an intermediate passing game all day.

Can Neal play LB? He’s technically a corner 

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Have to wonder why they didn't look to add a little better depth at the position. Perhaps they have a lot of faith in Klein and Dodson. 

They’ve stuck with Dodson through thick and thin since bringing him on board.  The staff clearly likes him.   He played pretty well last week.  

Klein could be an adventure in coverage, if that Le’Veon Bell play is any indication.  

Im not sure many teams roster build expecting both their 3 down linebackers to be out, along with a backup LB.  

To still have a proven vet in Klein and a promising young player in Dodson, shows decent enough depth, imo.  

I’d imagine we play Neal a lot to help with coverage and then hope our DL, along with the return of Butler, can hold up well enough against the run. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, BuffaloMatt said:

What are your thoughts on Tyler Matakevich?

Special Teams is my only thought because I don’t think he has ever played a regular season snap at LB in the nfl. However McDermott mentioned him as possibility to step up along with the others 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Special Teams is my only thought because I don’t think he has ever played a regular season snap at LB in the nfl. However McDermott mentioned him as possibility to step up along with the others 

He looks the part for sure. I predict he is a McBeane gem.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can Neal play LB? He’s technically a corner 

I’m kind of in the camp that in this NFL, a 210lb LB that’s physical but can run...is very useful. I’m not as worried about the hole it leaves in the run game because it’s the 2nd level and teams throw way more. It’s not perfect but I would rather have a guy that can cover, then a guy that can just stop the run. I don’t want Preston Brown. I’d rather have a glorified S playing Lb, then a thumper. Teams don’t run the way they used to. And we have Klein there to help in run support.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Well this will be a good test for Klein. Didn't like the signing then in term of the player or the money.  People were fretting about backup QB but I was posting biggest risk is backup linebackers. Just signing a LB, Matekevich that is solely for special teams hurts too. 

I was banking on Joseph stepping up but was quite wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

It's time for the offense to carry the team for a change.  Klein,  Andre Smith,  Dodson are adequate 

Put up 40 pts, it wont matter 

Very respectfully, I don't know why this phrase, or phrases substantially similar to it, aren't the first words out of TSW Members' key boards in this thread. 

We now have bullets all over this offense and there is blood in the f***ing water.  Let's go kill somebody* on Sunday!

(*  "somebody" being the Dolphins defense)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Very respectfully, I don't know why this phrase, or phrases substantially similar to it, aren't the first words out of TSW Members' key boards in this thread. 

We now have bullets all over this offense and there is blood in the f***ing water.  Let's go kill somebody* on Sunday!

Yep

The 99 rams destroyed teams in the first half with offense. Run the dolphins out of the building 

Nobody in their secondary can run with our wrs 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

Yep

The 99 rams destroyed teams in the first half with offense. Run the dolphins out of the building 

Nobody in their secondary can run with our wrs 

Jones and Howard are no slouches.  Look for a big game from Beasley and Knox.

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I approve of this message.

Allen, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, Knox, Singletary, Moss.

Our offense has playmakers and they can score.....so let's SCORE!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Can't run them out of the building if the defense can't get off the field. This will be a great test for McD and Frazier. 

Also will be an interesting test case for paying Milano. If the defense really struggles it will boost his stock at least in Buffalo. If the defense doesn't miss him then it will add ty o the argument to let him walk at the end of the year.

The offense is the key...

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hope that this is just because McDermott is so confident that we will crush the Doplphins he could be cautious with them and give them extra recovery time.  AJ Epenesa time? He IS wearing a Linebacker number.  

You may see a few 5 man fronts... but mostly big nickel with Neal... I'm not worried 

They have 4 new starters and two rooks on the oline. Their oline sucks...Its going to be a slaughter 

Edited by AirAllenPower
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Can't run them out of the building if the defense can't get off the field. This will be a great test for McD and Frazier. 

Also will be an interesting test case for paying Milano. If the defense really struggles it will boost his stock at least in Buffalo. If the defense doesn't miss him then it will add ty o the argument to let him walk at the end of the year.

I'm a little surprised the -5.5 hasn't dropped to -5. We have to get out hot early as others have noted.

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

The offense is the key...

You may see a few 5 man fronts... but mostly big nickel with Neal... I'm not worried 

They have 5 new starters and two rooks on the oline. Its going to be a slaughter 

Their OL apparently did ok vs NE.  But NE’s front 7 is very meh. I’m looking at that Austin Jackson - Hughes/Addison matchup. Fitz gets the ball out fast but pressure up the middle with Oliver et al should rattle him in where the ball actually goes 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm a little surprised the -5.5 hasn't dropped to -5. We have to get out hot early as others have noted.

I could be wrong but usually odds aren’t affected much by LBs. It’s usually just the QB injuries that really move the needle 

• Like (+1) 1