Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

Sucks but I think we will still be ok. I doubt the Fins will be able to contain this offense. Hopefully get the LB'ers back by next week, at least one of them hopefully. Damn, seems like MM is getting hurt more and more. Definitely want both back by the time the Chiefs game comes around.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. We were extremely lucky with injuries last year and people overestimated influence of our facilities imo - I guess it might play a big role, but luck / variance has lot of influence too. And we couldn't expect it to last forever.

To be fair, no one was able to access those overestimated facilities this year until training camp time.

Miami is not as good as the Jets on defense not even close...   and we are light years better than both..even without 2 LBs.    we hung 27 on the jets defense and the only guy that did anything on the ground was josh...   Another game the bills win going away.   Josh might have another 300yrds but Might be close because we will run more... Especially early. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Keep the Bills defense off the field again. Last week Bills DOMINATED in time of possession (41 minutes!).

Get close to that again, and no worries. Slow, steady Bills offensive drives down the field each time.

TOP was also very much influenced by our defense getting the ball back.

I think FItz will play decently and keep the game close.

Edited by NickelCity

Last year and this offseason, my biggest concern as far as depth was/is the LB position.  Much more there than DB, OL, RB, etc.  That said, I trust that Beane and McDermott know what they're doing and if they thought that the guys we have (such as Dodson) were good enough, perhaps we were/are OK.  We'll find out on Sunday.  We should still be able to score enough points to beat the Fish, but losing two key defenders will help Miami's offense and the game will be close than it would have been if Edmonds and Milano were playing.  

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

TOP was also very much influenced by our defense getting the ball back.

I think FItz will play decently and keep the game close.

True. I'm suggesting the Bills O take their time working down the field this game. No hurry up, no quick strike mentality. Burn 7-10 minutes each drive (and come away with points).

It's week 2 and it's a smart move. Might just as well get a feel for the depth. Klein is a talent and will be fine, and it sounds like Dodson will play. This will be a good test for the rotating DLine...they need to take advantage of two rookie 'Fins starters. 

Sal is right. I still hate Miami. 

Will be interesting to see how they scheme without our TWO(!?) studs in the middle. Fortunately Miami doesn't have any semblance of a run game at this point. Think we'll be just fine especially since our offense should now be able to shoulder the load. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve said it before, but I absolutely detest this about McDermott and his coyness/feigning no knowledge of injuries on the team.

Hell, we still don’t even really know the extent of these injuries. Gimme Rex in this regard -and Every other coach, for that matter..

🤬

I'm not sure why his coyness really matters. Is it just a matter of being upset because you don't have the information you want? 

Wouldn't you want opposing teams to NOT know what was going on or who was coming in? Bellicheat* does this for years...even putting healthy people on the injured list just to cause a little confusion...and he's a genius. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

Myles Gaskin about to have a great week for fantasy owners.

Gaskin worries me a bit.  This is a must-win game for Miami, home opener, veteran QB, and an OC who loves the screen game - not ideal to be missing your top two LBs.

Just need to score a bunch of points I guess.  Wouldn’t kill McDermott to have to trust his offense to win an early-season road game against a divisional opponent - goes against all of his natural instincts.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Keep the Bills defense off the field again. Last week Bills DOMINATED in time of possession (41 minutes!).

Get close to that again, and no worries. Slow, steady Bills offensive drives down the field each time.

A few of us are fans of slow, steady drives on offense.  As long as you score, use as much clock as you can.  Might mean we win by 10 vs win by 20, but the goal is to win

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gaskin worries me a bit.  This is a must-win game for Miami, home opener, veteran QB, and an OC who loves the screen game - not ideal to be missing your top two LBs.

Just need to score a bunch of points I guess.  Wouldn’t kill McDermott to have to trust his offense to win an early-season road game against a divisional opponent - goes against all of his natural instincts.  

The more Jordan Howard the better. Even AJ Klein might be able to keep up with him.

• Like (+1) 1