Trump’s Post Presidency—What Will He Do?

Tiberius

Trumpology

by Victor Davis Hanson

Former President Donald Trump has signaled he will announce his presidential intentions after the November midterm elections. Yet his record of endorsements is quite mixed. By the sheer numbers of winning primary candidates his stamp of approval is impressive, but in a few of the most important races, not so much.

The disaster that is the Biden Administration has been a godsend for Trump. Had President Joe Biden simply plagiarized the successful Trump agenda, there would have followed no border disaster, no energy crisis, no hyperinflation, and no disastrous flight from Afghanistan. Had Biden followed through on his "unity" rhetoric, he could have lorded over Trump's successful record as his own

https://townhall.com/columnists/victordavishanson/2022/06/02/untitled-n2608102

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trump reacts to shooting of 'true friend' Shinzo Abe

by Victor I Nava

Former President Donald Trump offered his prayers to former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his family after he was shot while giving a speech in Japan. Trump's statement was posted on his Truth Social platform on Friday. The relationship between the two world leaders emerged as one of the strongest bilateral friendships that Trump made during his presidency. "Absolutely devastating news that former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan, a truly great man and leader, has been shot, and is in very serious condition. He was a true friend of mine and, much more importantly, America.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-reacts-to-shooting-of-true-friend-shinzo-abe

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Trump tells golfers to join LIV Golf and 'take the money now' despite pressure from 9/11 families

Former US President Donald Trump told golfers that they should join the controversial Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series and "take the money now," as the breakaway series prepares for its next event at Trump National Golf Bedminster, New Jersey, from July 29-31.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/sport/donald-trump-liv-golf-saudi-arabia-spt-intl/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Jail time.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”

Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guilty to removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.

Could 2018 Trump have unknowingly put 2022 Trump in a tough spot?

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Donald Trump Punches Back With ‘Witch Hunt’ Videos and a Huge Announcement.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/08/10/donald-trump-punches-back-with-witch-hunt-videos-and-a-huge-announcement-n1619856

Reminder:

582cddb52973944c133bf889f9247d6b9d8327a5

LOL. Trump doesn't give a flying f*** about his supporters. It's why he was totally fine with them dying of COVID.

He's a classic narcissist and is fundamentally incapable of caring about anyone other than himself. The second someone no longer provides him with a benefit, they might as well be dead to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

LOL. Trump doesn't give a flying f*** about his supporters. It's why he was totally fine with them dying of COVID.

He's a classic narcissist and is fundamentally incapable of caring about anyone other than himself. The second someone no longer provides him with a benefit, they might as well be dead to him.

Goose...it appears you've finally dropped the impartial observer sham.  Thanks for coming out of the closet.  We all see you clearly now.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Goose...it appears you've finally dropped the impartial observer sham.  Thanks for coming out of the closet.  We all see you clearly now.

Just stating an opinion that is backed by professional psychologists.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

😆

Trump Takes His Troll Game to Another Level, Starts Endorsing Democrats

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/08/17/trump-takes-his-troll-game-to-another-level-starts-endorsing-democrats-n613850

Trump is a trolls troll.  After 6 years, the fact the Democrats have not figured that out yet is amazing to me.  Seems to me we could  have less of all this nonsense if they could figure it out and instead of freaking out over every tweet or truth social and just pass it off as "well, there you go again" and move on instead of clutching their pearls and totally freak out and predict the end of our democracy.  Don't feed the troll for crying out loud.  Makes me think they're doing it on purpose.  Trump definitely is.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I have to say, I didn’t have “secrete sensitive nuclear information” in kitsch Florida resort on my list of post-presidency possibilities. 

can you provide definitive prove he had them? No speculation. Proof 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

😆

Trump Takes His Troll Game to Another Level, Starts Endorsing Democrats

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/08/17/trump-takes-his-troll-game-to-another-level-starts-endorsing-democrats-n613850

While Donnie is really hard to stomach most of the time that Goldman endorsement is Pocahontas level funny

On 8/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, B-Man said:

Trump Announces PA Rally

The NY Times reports that anonymous sources tell them Trump will endorse the popular proposal to bring back the McRib sandwich on a permanent basis.  Neo-liberal authoritarian groups are expected to immediately denounce the idea because they're against any idea not conceived of by the government.  All ideas generated by free thinking private citizens, especially white heterosexual males, incite violence against marginalized groups.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The NY Times reports that anonymous sources tell them Trump will endorse the popular proposal to bring back the McRib sandwich on a permanent basis.  Neo-liberal authoritarian groups are expected to immediately denounce the idea because they're against any idea not conceived of by the government.  All ideas generated by free thinking private citizens, especially white heterosexual males, incite violence against marginalized groups.  

I have always viewed the mcrib as an American icon and symbol of our freedoms. 

Something worth fighting for 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TSOL said:

I have always viewed the mcrib as an American icon and symbol of our freedoms. 

Something worth fighting for 

McRib, McSchwib. 
I am awaiting the return, someday, hopefully while I am still around to enjoy it, of the Halloween Whopper, the one that allegedly turned your poop purple. I waited too long to get it last time and they were all sold out. Saddest day of that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, aristocrat said:

can you provide definitive prove he had them? No speculation. Proof 

Looks like Don Jr. took a break from shooting hippos and dropped the hint that Trump squirreled away *the* nuke codes at mar a lago.  I hope it’s not true.  Sincerely.  Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Looks like Don Jr. took a break from shooting hippos and dropped the hint that Trump squirreled away *the* nuke codes at mar a lago.  I hope it’s not true.  Sincerely.  Unbelievable. 

Got a link to this proof?

On 8/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, reddogblitz said:

Trump is a trolls troll.  After 6 years, the fact the Democrats have not figured that out yet is amazing to me.  Seems to me we could  have less of all this nonsense if they could figure it out and instead of freaking out over every tweet or truth social and just pass it off as "well, there you go again" and move on instead of clutching their pearls and totally freak out and predict the end of our democracy.  Don't feed the troll for crying out loud.  Makes me think they're doing it on purpose.  Trump definitely is.

It won them the presidential election and control of Congress.  Why would they stop now?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It won them the presidential election and control of Congress.  Why would they stop now?

Right.  They doing it on purpose.

Trump is the greatest fund raising tool since Newt Gingrich.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Right.  They doing it on purpose.

Trump is the greatest fund raising tool since Newt Gingrich.

The best is when he raises funds from his rube base and then pockets the cash! What an adorable troll. Donnie, Donnie, Donnie...what are we going to do with you?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

that’s it you got him now. It’s all over. Totally admitting to having them. Wasn’t being sarcastic. 

It's not me that MAGA needs to worry about.  It's the FBI.  And it seems like Trump is in it pretty deep. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It's not me that MAGA needs to worry about.  It's the FBI.  And it seems like Trump is in it pretty deep. 

so still waiting on that proof. Otherwise you look foolish to keep bringing up these mythical nuclear documents that don’t exist except in the lefts alternate reality just like the Russian collusion myth.  Anything to distract from reality 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

so still waiting on that proof. Otherwise you look foolish to keep bringing up these mythical nuclear documents that don’t exist except in the lefts alternate reality just like the Russian collusion myth.  Anything to distract from reality 

Sit tight.  Let the investigation work itself out.  And, the reality is, whether you want to admit it or not, Trump is a significant target in a pretty significant national security investigation undertaken by the FBI.  Maybe you want to defund the FBI so that it can’t continue to protect our national security.  I don’t.  It’s just one of the many ways in which we’re different.