TNF: Texans at Chiefs (-9) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Welp, the Chiefs look better than last year, more balanced too. Barring a Mahomes injury, they are going to cruise to a 2nd championship 

I don't know about that. I think the Bills and Ravens may be able to beat them but I wouldn't bet on either.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Really? I thought it sounded a lot louder than that, as did the announcers.  They commented on it at least twice that I remember, mostly at the beginning of the game.

Yes.  Although my TV is a 55” LCD that’s 8 years old and was a Best Buy Black Friday special.... hah.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dma0034 said:

I don't know about that. I think the Bills and Ravens may be able to beat them but I wouldn't bet on either.

Teams like that have the best shot, teams with a good offense and a really good defense. The Chiefs are just too strong on offense for a Defense to completely stop them so you need a good offense to get ahead of them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Welp, the Chiefs look better than last year, more balanced too. Barring a Mahomes injury, they are going to cruise to a 2nd championship 

Houston is not the greatest team in the world, and Watson is nowhere near the league of Mahomes.

Both factors made KC look better than they are.  Don't get me wrong, they're an elite team and sure, they could win the Super Bowl this year again, but I wouldn't draw the conclusion from tonight's blowout.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Yes.  Although my TV is a 55” LCD that’s 8 years old and was a Best Buy Black Friday special.... hah.

My TV is older than that, though I do have it piped into a pair of nice little bookshelf speakers that sound great. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Young Chris ivory was about as brutally physical as backs get 

Ivory was listed at 6’0’’ and 223#. Moss is listed at 5’10” and about the same weight, but not sure if they were more generous rounding up on height, as it might appear. I was referring to the shorter pounding back. Regardless, a pounder seems like a nice blend with Motor and his quick jump cuts. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I see that “Overreaction Thursday” is alive and well!

Let’s just cancel the season and hand the trophy over, everybody!

:doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you couldn't see the crowd...would you know the difference? I have a feeling it will be tough to tell.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of writing about what the rules are around pumping in crowd noise beyond it's limited to 80db. Will it have to be lowered or silenced at any time? They're using recorded crowd noise from actual games so will it be a 'live audio' production where somebody is taking like 8 seconds of a defense chant and playing that or will it just be an ongoing recording where the highs and lows don't make sense? Gonna be intriguing. 

After watching MLB and NHL games with no fans, but having pumped in crowd noise, I can say if you're really just focusing on the game itself, there is not much of a difference. The NHL is doing a great job with the "oohs and ahhs" after a big play or hit, it sounds great. The thing is with the NFL, they take so many shots of the crowd during the game, that will be hard to cover up. Either way, I'm just psyched to watch the Bills. Let's go Buffalo!!!

Edited by Bubba Gump

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Don’t pretend cooks isn’t a good WR. 

2 years and a hamstring injury ago..sure.

"Should be noted Brandin Cooks (dealing with that quad injury) avg'd just 1.69 yards of separation on his 5 tar. League average varies considerably depending on whether you play inside or outside and depth of target but you'd like to see that around 2.5 #NextGenStats #Texans" ~James Koh

Edited by jeremy2020

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Young Chris ivory was about as brutally physical as backs get 

Yup good call I would have said Eddie Lacy

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Hate both these teams even more now. From Houston missing 2 pt conversion. KC player returning onside kick to the 20 and then kicking meaningless FG when game was over which ended up killing my parlay.

CED82C40-73FC-4685-A387-9EC4C3BF0D7E.jpeg

Yikes I feel that

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I was surprised at the noise level the crowd generated at times.  Thought it was augmented/fake but Al Michaels says no.

Yeah, it was great having live fans there. It’s a disgrace that there won’t be any in Buffalo on Sunday.  Insanity.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yeah, it was great having live fans there. It’s a disgrace that there won’t be any in Buffalo on Sunday.  Insanity.

I may be in the minority here but IMO it’s either we have fans or we don’t , this is ridiculous our home game will be empty no home field advantage what so ever , and week 2 when we travel to Miami they’ll have fans , 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I may be in the minority here but IMO it’s either we have fans or not , this is ridiculous our home game will empty no home field advantage what so ever , and week 2 when we travel to Miami they’ll have fans , 

McDermott agrees.

• Like (+1) 1