Joe Biden’s 9/2 Speech

SectionC3

My goodness that was lovely.  That’s what a president should sound like.  Dignified.  Smart.  Reserved.  Thoughtful. Truthful.   Cognizant of the significant problems facing middle America right now with respect to the struggle to re-open schools to in-person learning.  I can’t wait until he is our President.  It’s time to restore America’s soul, and Joe Biden is just the person to do it. 

Discuss!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

remember, it’s TRUMP SUPPORTERS who are in a cult, everyone!

If you watched BIden's speech today and thought "That's what a president should sound like,'" you are DEFINITELY in a cult.

The dude can't even pick reporters to ask questions? His staff has to do it? What's up with that?

And he wants to charge the police on the Blake and Taylor cases? Really?

You have to be dumb as a brick to make 'police" a choice in this election, but here we are. If you want less police and to have them defunded, vote Biden.

Damn. How do you leftists put up with this crap?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

My goodness that was lovely.  That’s what a president should sound like.  Dignified.  Smart.  Reserved.  Thoughtful. Truthful.   Cognizant of the significant problems facing middle America right now with respect to the struggle to re-open schools to in-person learning.  I can’t wait until he is our President.  It’s time to restore America’s soul, and Joe Biden is just the person to do it. 

Discuss!

Surely you have a link to this "lovely" speech, right?  Presumably, you are trying to convince people to vote for Biden and a speech that was as effective as you effusively claim surely would move some to your conclusion, right?

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Discuss!

This is sarcasm like the whole "poignant commentary" response you made to my post about how little action in the NFL there is correct.  

I missed it then too.   

• Like (+1) 1

Joe Biden's campaign operates in a 100% leave nothing to chance controlled environment and I think it's a big mistake. 

I think it's easier for Biden to make a speech with a lot of rest and rehearsal, two things you don't get as President.  Similar to HRC in 2016, she was at her best on the days she'd campaign after a few days off.  As the campaign turned into the sprint in October, she was shot.  

I'm sorry Democrats, the doing speeches from nearly empty rooms in Delaware, where you can control who's in the room, isn't going to get this job done.  He needs to get out and talk to people and take on the unfriendly press too.  It's part of the job.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Discuss!

This is a complete troll. If it wasn't SO freaking abvious, I would say nice job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

Joe Biden's campaign operates in a 100% leave nothing to chance controlled environment and I think it's a big mistake. 

I think it's easier for Biden to make a speech with a lot of rest and rehearsal, two things you don't get as President.  Similar to HRC in 2016, she was at her best on the days she'd campaign after a few days off.  As the campaign turned into the sprint in October, she was shot.  

I'm sorry Democrats, the doing speeches from nearly empty rooms in Delaware, where you can control who's in the room, isn't going to get this job done.  He needs to get out and talk to people and take on the unfriendly press too.  It's part of the job.

What unfriendly press?  Chanel Rion, Catherine Herridge (who comes across as a Tim Russert Democrat, btw), & Kimberly Strassel are the only ones in the mainstream that immediately spring 2 mind & only 1 of those is in the WHPC.

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is sarcasm like the whole "poignant commentary" response you made to my post about how little action in the NFL there is correct.  

I missed it then too.   

Hoax. 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Scary.....the man is very ill.

All of the lying by the current occupant of the White House surely has made him sick!

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you watched BIden's speech today and thought "That's what a president should sound like,'" you are DEFINITELY in a cult.

The dude can't even pick reporters to ask questions? His staff has to do it? What's up with that?

And he wants to charge the police on the Blake and Taylor cases? Really?

You have to be dumb as a brick to make 'police" a choice in this election, but here we are. If you want less police and to have them defunded, vote Biden.

Damn. How do you leftists put up with this crap?

Hoax. 

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Surely you have a link to this "lovely" speech, right?  Presumably, you are trying to convince people to vote for Biden and a speech that was as effective as you effusively claim surely would move some to your conclusion, right?

Re: the second sentence.  Hoax.  I’m just having fun with all of you alt-wrong kool-aid guzzlers!

45 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Discuss!

Edited by Reality Check
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have a solution! Let's just let Obama read all of Trump's speeches from now on. The Left will finally SHUT UP about tone and we'll actually get something done as a country.

Hoax.   Trump will be too busy golfing to get anything done. 

23 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What a trainwreck

You clearly missed the OP -- that's what a POTUS is supposed to sound like: senile, rambling, incoherent, and extremely dishonest. That's what SectionC3 values above all else :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Just when I thought he couldn't top his own stupidity, he starts this thread after that speech :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You clearly missed the OP -- that's what a POTUS is supposed to sound like: senile, rambling, incoherent, and extremely dishonest. That's what SectionC3 values above all else :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Just when I thought he couldn't top his own stupidity, he starts this thread after that speech :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Haven’t seen you in the Flynndicated thread yet.  How come? 

It's like its the start of the forth quarter, Biden with a 10 point lead, and the football first and ten at his own 20. This speech was a six yard run straight up the middle. Democratic offensive line just pushing the old tired Repubs around! Get out of the way! 

41 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

BIden suggests that the Trump supporter who was murdered in Portland was asking for it.

But hey...he sure sounds presidential.

Meanwhile, Joe looks for an escape route!

If I take him at his word, and using simple rules of grammar...has Joe has called for Breanna Taylor to be charged, along with a call for the dead "Trump guy" in Portland to meet the legal requirements?  He literally is producing gibberish. 

He also has that look at around 1min--that look where an old person knows what they want to say, but time and miles on the coconut keep it just hidden out of easy access---they become frustrated, it's quite noticeable, pause about 3 seconds and then either move on or find the word.  Today, he found Kenosha, next time, he might pull up his pineapple.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If I take him at his word, and using simple rules of grammar...has Joe has called for Breanna Taylor to be charged, along with a call for the dead "Trump guy" in Portland to meet the legal requirements?  He literally is producing gibberish. 

He also has that look at around 1min--that look where an old person knows what they want to say, but time and miles on the coconut keep it just hidden out of easy access---they become frustrated, it's quite noticeable, pause about 3 seconds and then either move on or find the word.  Today, he found Kenosha, next time, he might pull up his pineapple.  

But it's the greatest speech SectionC3 has ever heard! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But it's the greatest speech SectionC3 has ever heard! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

I'm half convinced after the original post, that SUnoUnoUno should meet legal requirements as well.  I hate to talk tough, but when requirements require legal, we have to require more legal regardless of the condolences.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for the same punishment for 3 as for Breanna Taylor and dead Trump Rubber bullet guy, I think Biden is spot on nuts right that we can't have people not facing consequences no matter how dead they are. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's like its the start of the forth quarter, Biden with a 10 point lead, and the football first and ten at his own 20. This speech was a six yard run straight up the middle. Democratic offensive line just pushing the old tired Repubs around! Get out of the way! 

More like Joe is down by 17 at the start of the fourth quarter and he fumbled the snap.  Recovered by the defense at Joe's one yard line.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I saw the speech. I'd give it a 6/10 as a political speech. Nothing earth shattering. Biden wanted to stake out his turf (not for defunding the police, etc., etc.) and he did. Certainly not inspiring. Delivered in an o.k. manner. A few verbal missteps, but nothing to support the wild "his brain is a gelatinous mass of amyloid plaques" stuff I hear from Trump supporters.

Meanwhile, to show my even handedness: Trump's RNC acceptance speech was also a 6/10 as a political speech. Also kind of a nothingburger policy-wise, but delivered reasonably effectively in a manner of a person who (assuming no preexisting bias) doesn't seem wild and out of control. The Davy Crockett stuff doesn't resonate with me, but I know lots of seniors that it probably does resonate with. Good use of the props of the White House and National Mall, regardless of what you think about the propriety of using such backdrops for political purposes.

But yet we predictably have this. "Greatest speech ever." "Senile old grandpa who doesn't even know where he is."

What is wrong with people? Is there anything in the political world other than confirmation bias these days?

These are two old men who have seen better cognitive days. It is a rare person in his/her mid-70s who is not showing some significant decline, and these guys are no exception. (To me the exception in this race was Bloomberg, who seems to be exactly the same whiny-yet-self-important know-it-all he was in his 50s.)  Neither was any kind of genius in the traditional IQ sense, but both had their gifts as different types of glad-handers/deal-makers. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have a solution! Let's just let Obama read all of Trump's speeches from now on. The Left will finally SHUT UP about tone and we'll actually get something done as a country.

...should be "Live from Gitmo".....Clinton Dynasty fraudulent skank...............

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The debates are going to be a train wreck.  The triggered fragile lefties should be prepared for another 4 years of Trump.    

Count on the lefties to cheat, cheat, cheat all the way to November.  IF a live debate is done count on Joe having an ear piece disguised as a hearing aid so he can get assistance.  No audience so it will be more difficult for cheating to be detected.  If Biden's eyesight is decent maybe some kind of cue card at the back of the room.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This dude's noggin' is mashed potatoes.

you Lefties are funny. this is who you support, tff. he can't hold a train of thought for :14 and you guys want this running our country? seriously, you guys should have your heads examined.

you understand he is a marionette, right??

• Thank you (+1) 1