Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

I'm late to this thread, but I kinda find this a little ironic. I mean last year, anyone with a cell phone could go to training camp and video tape anythjng they wanted. Guess the bills are trying to use this pandemic to their advantage as much as possible. I don't blame them 

• Like (+1) 1

First no preseason games. Then no fans can attend regular season games. Now no substantive reporting of what happens at practice. The NFL is really doing a great job promoting their product during this pandemic. Maybe they can blackout the regular season games as a final step and just sell the replays after they’ve scrubbed them for anything interesting.

Edited by vincec
  • Haha (+1) 1

What a joke. If they fired a guy for saying players listed as backups on the depth chart are rotating with the second unit then shame on them.  I could give a rats ass about Chris Brown, but honestly who cares. Do you think there is a competitive disadvantage to saying the Bills rookies are rotating in the second string units?  No ***** Sherlock.  Everyone knows that.  Everyone knows there are only two spots on the the o-line up for grabs and Ford is playing one of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I think you're very wrong. I recall listening to McDermott on Schopp & Bulldog, and you could just tell the way he answered questions that he was a very over the top control freak. This whole idea of clamping down on reporters concerning practices and labeling it a competative advantage issue is akin to the US gov't pulling the "matter of national security" card. It's cringy and eye-rolly. 

McDermott runs the ENTIRE show.

No playoffs 17 years.  Playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

He can do whatever he feels is necessary to win.  Ill glady give up someone telling me how great Martin Nance looks to have the team win and be in the playoffs every year.   Its not his job to entertain bored fans in August.  Its his job to win real football games.  

Edited by thenorthremembers

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But they were the rules..... he broke them. It was foolish. The rules are foolish, but he still breached them.

Chris Brown will be allowed to continue covering the Bills but under some severe restrictions. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=prisoner+hood&id=B9760E2E599C70917D80E004A705FE8E3A309533&form=IQFRBA&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, eball said:

I mean, come on.  That exchange with Tasker was as blatant a violation of the reporting rules as you could ask for.  Just stupidity on the part of Brown.

Debate all you want whether NFL teams are going overboard with this, but the policy can’t be more clear.

it’s not like he is some loose cannon... the timing is so abrupt, I wonder if they didn’t effectively educate him on the modified policy so he didn’t know?

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Chris Brown will be allowed to continue covering the Bills but under some severe restrictions. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=prisoner+hood&id=B9760E2E599C70917D80E004A705FE8E3A309533&form=IQFRBA&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

You :censored: !!!   You low down stinking :censored:   :lol: 

Dummy me didn't read the link.  

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Company guy....sure....one of the best reporters...not so much.

Maybe that was a poor choice of words. I'll say this though - of all of the "beat" reporters, I've always enjoyed listening to Brownie because he goes in depth about scheme, etc.(which is actually what got him in trouble here) - He never (before there was this new rule) spoke in vanilla generalizations, i.e. "Levi Wallace looked great" - he would break down where the player played, what type of coverages they were running, etc. And it wasn't necessarily in practice - I enjoyed listening to him on OBL during the season because I thought he did a good job of breaking things down for someone who may not understand the super technical stuff. 

I'd take a Chris Brown over a Rodak, Louis-Jacques, or Sully any day of the week.

• Like (+1) 2