Dolphins expected to go with Fitzpatrick as the starter

Greg S

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/training-camp-buzz-ryan-fitzpatrick-expected-to-win-dolphins-qb-battle-over-tua-

No surprise really. With no real training camp or preseason games the smart thing to do is go with veteran. The Bills face the Fins week 2. Although the Bengals will probably go with Burrow week 1 so anything is possible.

TBH it doesn't matter who starts for QB, Bills will beat Miami.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.radio.com/articles/radiocom/tannenbaum-ryan-fitzpatrick-the-is-best-qb-in-the-afc-east

You guys are so emo about Allen.  Across the board, with the worst roster in nfl, Fitz was a better passing qb than Allen.  Would I trade Allen for Fitz? Obviously no and I never said that.  But right now, he’s the best qb in the afc East (Cam would be if he was healthy).  

What facts do you guys have to dispute this?  If Allen and Fitz switched teams, what do you think their records would have been last year?  Fitz played with the worst roster in years and never played on close to as good of a team as Allen did last year.  These are legit facts.

now, Allen hopefully will be better than him long term.  

This is really really simple

Fitz.....who i think would be the best backup QB in the league....is NOT clutch.....when the moments are big he wilts and this has been proven time and time again.....especially when he was the BILLS QB

Meanwhile........

Josh Allen comes up up big in the big moments.....if you think that Josh doesnt play a big part of our 2 playoff teams in 3 years when we didnt sniff playoffs for over  a decade....then you are deluding yourself......Josh Allen is the come back kid and that alone makes him better.

Does Josh have things to work on?   For sure......he hasnt even touched his top end potential yet.....but the talk of comparing Josh to Fitz is just crazy

Edited by John from Riverside

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is really really simple

Fitz.....who i think would be the best backup QB in the league....is NOT clutch.....when the moments are big he wilts and this has been proven time and time again.....especially when he was the BILLS QB

Meanwhile........

Josh Allen comes up up big in the big moments.....if you think that Josh doesnt play a big part of our 2 playoff teams in 3 years when we didnt sniff playoffs for over  a decade....then you are deluding yourself......Josh Allen is the come back kid and that alone makes him better.

Does Josh have things to work on?   For sure......he hasnt even touched his top end potential yet.....but the talk of comparing Josh to Fitz is just crazy

Correction One playoff team.

Play Off One was Ball Joint...um I mean Tie Rod ;) 

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Correction One playoff team.

Play Off One was Ball Joint...um I mean Tie Rod ;) 

JMF!

Your right!  Thank you for that correction.  In Josh Allen's second year at QB we were in the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

and yes.....our D was the major reason for that....but you have to score points to

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/training-camp-buzz-ryan-fitzpatrick-expected-to-win-dolphins-qb-battle-over-tua-

No surprise really. With no real training camp or preseason games the smart thing to do is go with veteran. The Bills face the Fins week 2. Although the Bengals will probably go with Burrow week 1 so anything is possible.

The most dangerous position in the NFL is the starting QB position when Fitzpatrick is the backup.  Tua should thank his lucky stars he'll be sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

He will be turning 38 during the season.  It's a countdown till his game really starts to fall off which could be starting with Week 1.

I always liked Fitz but age gets everyone in the end.

I'm a huge Fitz fan, he leaves it all out on the field. If Fitz looses a game it's not from lack of trying, he sacrifices his body out there and his style of play elevates his whole team. At 38 with a average at best arm I don't think he will do very well this season but I hope that he proves me wrong.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has earned SEVENTY ONE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS in this league, and climbing.  

All for Fitz being Fitz.

It's utterly shocking and sobering.

Something is wrong somewhere.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has earned SEVENTY ONE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS in this league, and climbing.  

All for Fitz being Fitz.

It's utterly shocking and sobering.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Seriously??

What's wrong with that?  He's been in the NFL for 15 seasons.  In 8 of those years, he has more than 10 starts--136 total.  He's never been paid an average annual salary over 7.7 million.  He is the best non-rookie contract bargain at QB in the NFL and has been for many years.   He is a starter who gets mediocre backup money.  Name another current QB who has more career starts for less money.

Bradford made 129 million--for 83 starts!!  Matt Cassel has made 62 million and has had under 20 starts in his last 6 seasons.   Osweiller got 42 million for 30 starts.

There is nothing shocking or sobering about Fitz's earnings at all.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Tua cannot beat out a 37 year old Fitz for the starting job by week 6 Tua’s will be approaching bust status at Mach  2. Fitz never had a strong arm, I think Fitz will struggle to make certain throws this year. With the way Fitz plays and his age I doubt Fitz will make it through this season. We will prolly get a look a Tua if he is ready or not.

A rookie QB coming off of major surgery doesn't start over a veteran and he's a bust!?!  And at Mach 2, no less!?!?

Can you be taken seriously?

Fitz will start, and he should. I answered a poll a while ago regarding the best QB in the division. I picked Fitz for the same reasons C.biscuit97 laid out here. Doesn't mean that's what we wish for. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

You would be the only one claiming that Fitz is the best QB in the AFCE.  Or even better than Josh.  Well, besides Mrs. Fitz and his kids.  He's been on a million teams for a reason.

Because he is better than counting than you?

He has never been unemployed unlike some NFL QBs.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Subtitle: “One Man’s Story Of How To Win And Lose The Support Of Ten Fan Bases”

So you are saying he will be playing for several more years with different teams.  New England next year?

47 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Because he is better than counting than you?

He has never been unemployed unlike some NFL QBs.

Yup, because he's an easy guy to root for, a great teammate and a decent backup QB who has a couple good games that get everyone in his at-the-time fanbase excited, but it always fizzles out.  He's a 6-10/7-9 guy as a starter.