Dolphins expected to go with Fitzpatrick as the starter

Greg S

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Man I’d love it if Tua sucks. I was so hoping he’d end up in LA cause I’d rather root against Herbert, but, here we are.

I just have a feeling Tua is going to be a bust. He has a funky throwing motion, injury prone, and benefited greatly from playing with Bama. He might turn out to be decent, but I don’t see him being much better than mediocre. He doesn’t scare me in the division, I’ll just say that. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

The worst thing the Phins could do to Tua would have been to let him start his career with no preseason and have starts against the Pats and Bills. By the way anyone notice how short Tua looks? He isn’t 6 foot...he’s getting Flutie bonus inches... 

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

The worst thing the Phins could do to Tua would have been to let him start his career with no preseason and have starts against the Pats and Bills. By the way anyone notice how short Tua looks? He isn’t 6 foot...he’s getting Flutie bonus inches... 

Yeah, it would have been a good plan not to start him right away anyway.  Even before he looked bad in practice.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, Victory Formation said:

I think it makes a lot of sense... but it also suggests that the Dolphins are still 2-3 years away from competing.. Fitz isn’t going to lead your team to the playoffs but he is one of the smartest QBs in the NFL and it also allows the Dolphins to nurse Tua to full health and give him time to understand the playbook.. Question is, how much time does Tua have before he is the starter? Is it Week 2? Week 6? Week 10? Doubt Fitz makes it through the full season.

competing for what? the SB? sure maybe. 

you could say that about us as well. Until we have a top 10 QB we are nowhere near a SB contending team. Dolphins have more talent than a lot of teams in the league right now. They will be a division title contender by next season. 

7 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

you could say that about us as well. Until we have a top 10 QB we are nowhere near a SB contending team. Dolphins have more talent than a lot of teams in the league right now. They will be a division title contender by next season. 

I mentioned the other day they had 11 picks this year, 10 picks in 2021, and four of those are in the first two rounds.  Penfield, I see them as two years away, but if they pick well, all of these picks plus all the $ they spent in free agency, by 2022, they will field an experienced and most likely a very competitive team.

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I mentioned the other day they had 11 picks this year, 10 picks in 2021, and four of those are in the first two rounds.  Penfield, I see them as two years away, but if they pick well, all of these picks plus all the $ they spent in free agency, by 2022, they will field an experienced and most likely a very competitive team.

yup. dolphins are a sleeping giant right now and they have a top coach. McD and Flores are some of the best young coaches in the league right now 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

The Dols don't have a top-10 QB and whether they will have one anytime soon is questionable.  A late-season run when the season was already over and the pressure is off doesn't mean much and has been Fitz' MO.

this talk about fitz being best qb in the afc east is a horrible arguement. if hes the best and this team is talent wise playoff or way better why wouldnt you trade fitz for Josh?

first answer would be cause Josh is the future but we not talking about the future we talking about right now as its been quoted.

simple answer is hes not better or you would want him on this team now..Bottom line Fitz will give you wow moments in 4 games max... Allen will give you wow moments every other game.. fits might not even be #2 best.

18 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this talk about fitz being best qb in the afc east is a horrible arguement. if hes the best and this team is talent wise playoff or way better why wouldnt you trade fitz for Josh?

first answer would be cause Josh is the future but we not talking about the future we talking about right now as its been quoted.

simple answer is hes not better or you would want him on this team now..Bottom line Fitz will give you wow moments in 4 games max... Allen will give you wow moments every other game.. fits might not even be #2 best.

Completely missed the point.  Of course no one is trading for a 38 year old for a 25 year old.  I won’t trade Phil Rivers (who is the better version of Fitz) for Allen.  But if you could get Rivers for this year and still keep Allen, at this point, I feel Rivers would be the better qb at this stage of their careers. 

and I would do bad things for Allen to have Fitz’s last 7 games last year with a cfl roster.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2019/

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely missed the point.  Of course no one is trading for a 38 year old for a 25 year old.  I won’t trade Phil Rivers (who is the better version of Fitz) for Allen.  But if you could get Rivers for this year and still keep Allen, at this point, I feel Rivers would be the better qb at this stage of their careers. 

and I would do bad things for Allen to have Fitz’s last 7 games last year with a cfl roster.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2019/

Like I said elsewhere, once they lost 6 games in a row to start the season, the pressure was off.  That's when Fitz excels.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I have to disagree with you here.  Especially for another 25 Million.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely missed the point. Of course no one is trading for a 38 year old for a 25 year old.  I won’t trade Phil Rivers (who is the better version of Fitz) for Allen.  But if you could get Rivers foror this year and still keep Allen, at this point, I feel Rivers would be the better qb at this stage of their careers. 

its either or. not both. the story is changing as we going on.

take money, talent, age out of the equation Josh is better.

credibility lost

Edited by PrimeTime101

I like Rivers and he has played behind crappy lines for years.  He probably with a better line in Indy and some weapons will probably have a decent year.  The Bills would never pick up Rivers as it would ###### Allen’s growth and McBeane believe in Allen.  Indy was a good spot for Rivers as Brissett showed he is a very good back up, but nothing close to what they had in Luck.  Indy it doesn’t look they were ready for him to retire.  Seemed to shock everyone.  Now they have at least two years to find a QB in the draft.

Just give Allen the benefit of hope he will keep getting better.  I am.

• Like (+1) 1