NHL welcomes the Seattle ....Kraken!

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dante said:

WTF is a Kraken? Should have named them the Seattle Riot. And they play at Climate Pledge Arena?  I officially have a new most hated team. 

Seattle CHOPs?

• Like (+1) 1

Love it.  A plus to the marketing team.

6 hours ago, Dante said:

WTF is a Kraken? Should have named them the Seattle Riot. And they play at Climate Pledge Arena?  I officially have a new most hated team. 

Ever read Moby Dick or do you just like being one on here.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dante said:

It's a sea monster, and a brand of alcohol.....

17 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Sure beats The Seattle Hockey Team

You don't like them taking the European Football (Soccer) approach to naming teams?

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You don't like them taking the European Football (Soccer) approach to naming teams?

Where have I been? First time I have ever seen the word. 

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Love it.  A plus to the marketing team.

Ever read Moby Dick or do you just like being one on here.

Sorry apparently I didn't read it. Did see the movie when I was a kid though. Was Kraken mentioned in that? Anyway, I suspect your anger at me has nothing to due with the team name and more to do with my disdain for the arena handle?? Correct?

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

Where have I been? First time I have ever seen the word. 

Sorry apparently I didn't read it. Did see the movie when I was a kid though. Was Kraken mentioned in that? Anyway, I suspect your anger at me has nothing to due with the team name and more to do with my disdain for the arena handle?? Correct?

I don't have an issue with the whole climate change thing, but it is the worst name for a sports facility that I have seen. But if there is one place I could see using a name like that, it's Seattle......

Wouldn't it have been more energy efficient to use a smaller name?

25 minutes ago, Dante said:

Correct.

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

A little obscure. Just odd. Opens them up to the inevitable "Krackhead" or "Kracker" jokes. Anyway, hopefully their rink is not burned down before they play.  They might end up playing in Tacoma or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

KrackTaco?

I really like the Totems. I like teams that have nicknames that are relevant to the region they are in. I guess a squid is but just name them the "Ragin' Squids" then. That would be great! The northwest version of the "Ragin' Caguns"  One of my fav nicknames

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dante said:

I really like the Totems. I like teams that have nicknames that are relevant to the region they are in. I guess a squid is but just name them the "Ragin' Squids" then. That would be great! The northwest version of the "Ragin' Caguns"  One of my fav nicknames

Totems would just lead to a forced name change in a few years..... Nothing sounds more fearce then having to face the team named after a wood pole with faces/heads...

Jimmy KrackCorn and I don't care...

Well, I guess I do... Just like mocking a bad name out.  Who's  the focus  group  on this stuff? The people  in the Autonomous  Zone.

It really knacks me up...

They should have went  with: Metropolitans.  Paying  homage to the first American  team to win the Stanley Cup.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, apuszczalowski said:

That rum is delicious..

And, am I still allowed to use the euphemism “release the kraken” synonymously with “dropping some kids off at the pool”?