Arthur Moats Podcast - on who from Bills will make the Pro Bowl

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Focus on Diggs and Singletary

It is the dog days of summer .. so thought somebody might want to watch.

Doesn't matter who makes it since they will be too busy getting ready for the Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

ultimately there is only one ball to go around. there are only so many snaps. the guy on the left, attitude notwithstanding, has a point. Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox, Hodges, Singletary, Moss - how do Diggs, Beasley and Brown replicate their 2019 production. can’t really extrapolate receiver yards from different teams from last year. especially if our defense is good and we get a quick lead and switch to run heavy mode in the second half. I also think Singletary is going to hv a big year.

I’d take winning over individual players making the pro bowl everyday. No doubt the presence of Diggs will help Allen increase his production (maybe to 3500 yards) but at this point, easier to say Bills do well overall than individual receivers get pro bowl honors. of course Allen could pass for 5K yards and we can have great receiver yardage - but that is by no means a given.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Never had a go to WR connection? He had Tanner Gentry at Wyoming.

He's a good receiver in the mwc 

He wasn't good enough to stick in the NFL. Every every single D1 college has a Tanner Gentry

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's a good receiver in the WAC 

He wasn't good enough to stick in the NFL. Every every single D1 college has a Tanner Gentry

Right and I'm sad about that but that's not really what I meant he's talking about a QB-WR relationship where he'll feed his top guy a lot and he did that with Gentry. Also MWC.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right and I'm sad about that but that's not really what I meant he's talking about a QB-WR relationship where he'll feed his top guy a lot and he did that with Gentry. Also MWC.

Yea idk why my phone changed it to wac 

They don't even have a football conference if my memory serves

I know it's mountain west and I get your point

When you have only 1 guy who can catch your ball your gonna feed him lol

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Singletary? No. I'd bet Moss steals the lead job anyways.

No chance any Bills RB makes the Pro-Bowl, there are just too many better options.

No there are too many better RBs in the AFC.

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Singletary? No. I'd bet Moss steals the lead job anyways.

No chance any Bills RB makes the Pro-Bowl, there are just too many better options.

Moss isn't going to steal the lead job. That's just silly.

But it's unlikely Singletary makes the pro bowl. That's a tough position to make it.

7 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

ultimately there is only one ball to go around. there are only so many snaps. the guy on the left, attitude notwithstanding, has a point. Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox, Hodges, Singletary, Moss - how do Diggs, Beasley and Brown replicate their 2019 production. can’t really extrapolate receiver yards from different teams from last year. especially if our defense is good and we get a quick lead and switch to run heavy mode in the second half. I also think Singletary is going to hv a big year.

I’d take winning over individual players making the pro bowl everyday. No doubt the presence of Diggs will help Allen increase his production (maybe to 3500 yards) but at this point, easier to say Bills do well overall than individual receivers get pro bowl honors. of course Allen could pass for 5K yards and we can have great receiver yardage - but that is by no means a given.

Mahomes threw 50 TDs...so there are plenty of times to target .    Josh Allen has to move from 3000 Yd 20 TD  to   4500 Yards  35-40TD.....      I believe Lamar Jackson had 36 passing TDs last season.

Players I expect to have Pro Bowl seasons- Diggs, Oliver, Tre, Poyer and Edmunds. Outside of those 4, there needs to be tremendous growth(Allen, Singletary ) a comeback season (Hughes) or alot of yards thrown overall (Smoke). Anybody outside of those players would be amazing, but unexpected.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If the bills are smart....they are platooning their backs to much for Devin to have a chance for the pro bowl......but Devin is damn good

He would double the carries he had last year---and the team knows he's not that kind of back--with or without Mack.

No chance.  Moats has not been keeping up with the Bills.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He would double the carries he had last year---and the team knows he's not that kind of back--with or without Mack.

No chance.  Moats has not been keeping up with the Bills.

Well neither has the other guy.....not bothering to notice that both Smoke and Bease had their best season's receiving with Josh Allen.   If Josh trusts you you are gonna get fed the ball

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well neither has the other guy.....not bothering to notice that both Smoke and Bease had their best season's receiving with Josh Allen.   If Josh trusts you you are gonna get fed the ball

not sure how that’s related to RB reps, which are determined by the OC, not the QB.

Brown arguable had at least as good a season in 2015.  And Brown and Beasley were the ONLY viable receivers on the roster last year so it’s not surprising they got most of the targets.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

not sure how that’s related to RB reps, which are determined by the OC, not the QB.

Brown arguable had at least as good a season in 2015.  And Brown and Beasley were the ONLY viable receivers on the roster last year so it’s not surprising they got most of the targets.

The point is in the video the moron is saying that "Josh Allen is not that guy" when talking about WR's getting there numbers......I am not really talking about the RB's as I agree with you on that point.

If WR's that are not true number 1's come to buffalo and improve their numbers in their first year.....then saying Josh Allen is not that guy is idiotic.....he is in fact that guy if veteran wide receiver numbers go UP with Josh Allen and there is no reason to believe that DIggs coudnt have a monster year with Josh Allen......if you get open....Josh will feed you.

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The point is in the video the moron is saying that "Josh Allen is not that guy" when talking about WR's getting there numbers......I am not really talking about the RB's as I agree with you on that point.

If WR's that are not true number 1's come to buffalo and improve their numbers in their first year.....then saying Josh Allen is not that guy is idiotic.....he is in fact that guy if veteran wide receiver numbers go UP with Josh Allen and there is no reason to believe that DIggs coudnt have a monster year with Josh Allen......if you get open....Josh will feed you.

the other guy (not Moats) is trying to say (badly) that the volume isn’t there I think. I totally understand why you’re saying this though it wasn’t clear at all. 

basically if I can put words in that dude’s mouth it’s: josh allen hasn’t run a high volume passing offense therefore josh allen can’t run a high volume passing offense so Diggs ain’t pro bowl material. I suppose? But we don’t know that yet.

22 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

the other guy (not Moats) is trying to say (badly) that the volume isn’t there I think. I totally understand why you’re saying this though it wasn’t clear at all. 

basically if I can put words in that dude’s mouth it’s: josh allen hasn’t run a high volume passing offense therefore josh allen can’t run a high volume passing offense so Diggs ain’t pro bowl material. I suppose? But we don’t know that yet.

That makes more sense.....although I will say that Josh Allen hasnt had the receiving WEAPONS to run an offense like that......he will for sure this next year.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have game planned to let their defense win, and the offense do enough.  This is probably McDermott's plan going forward, too.  This year could be different with all the talent upgrades and experience added, but it should happen because the players are better and not because anyone is trying to force things to happen. 

12-13 wins and a home playoff game >>>>>> any number of yards and number of PB players.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If the bills are smart....they are platooning their backs to much for Devin to have a chance for the pro bowl......but Devin is damn good

He is indeed. It's exactly because they're going to platoon that he's unlikely to see enough carries.

You look at last year's AFC Pro Bowlers, none had 151 carries as Singletary did. None also had Singletary's YPC. There's also a style question. Guys who aren't power backs don't generally get picked unless they get a ton of carries.

As you say, though, Singletary is very good.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Brown had to split targets with Larry Fitzgerald in AZ (and he still got over 1000in 2015).   In Buffalo there was him and a small slot receiver--he had 115 targets.  He's a good WR, but Allen didn't have many good target options.  His TEs are crappy receivers as a group.

If you get open, Josh may feed you...but his sub 60% completion rate will mean he misses your mouth with the spoon a lot and you may go hungry.

8 hours ago, The Jerk said:

Favre didn't like crossing the moat, ya dig?

You’re schtick never gets old, ya dig.  Keep em coming jerk, sorry “the jerk”.  

Separate note, sounds like Moats is on the Bills offensive bandwagon.  Loved that guy.  Hated when we let him go to Pittsburgh, and he had a decent career there.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown had to split targets with Larry Fitzgerald in AZ (and he still got over 1000in 2015).   In Buffalo there was him and a small slot receiver--he had 115 targets.  He's a good WR, but Allen didn't have many good target options.  His TEs are crappy receivers as a group.

If you get open, Josh may feed you...but his sub 60% completion rate will mean he misses your mouth with the spoon a lot and you may go hungry.

NFL legit receivers shouldnt always need to be hit right in the mouth

On offense: Allen, Diggs, and Dawkins all have respectable chances. Moss will likely steal too many of Singletary's carries and red zone opportunities needed to generate Pro Bowl numbers.

On defense: White is the only obvious one. Hyde, Poyer, and Edmunds all have good chances too. Hughes and Milano are dark horse candidates. Oliver has the physical talent to make it. I really like Vernon Butler in this defense, so I'll offer him as my super sleeper Pro Bowl surprise pick.

On special teams: I'm going to throw in Bass as my wild crazy fun pick...IF he makes the roster.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don’t know anyone who is arguing otherwise so that’s beside the point.

It really is part of the point though WEO

We love to complain about Josh Allen throwing a bad ball (or 5) while we ignore that other QBs that are productive do the same exact thing......and their WR's CATCH THE BALL

PPL dont call them inaccurate

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It really is part of the point though WEO

We love to complain about Josh Allen throwing a bad ball (or 5) while we ignore that other QBs that are productive do the same exact thing......and their WR's CATCH THE BALL

PPL dont call them inaccurate

Like Jameis Winston.

Anyway, Allen's career completion is 56%.  Not many have been productive with that number.

Brining us back to the point you made, Brown having a year similar to his similar best in 2015 is purely a function that he was the only legit option other than Beasley.  Going from a #2 or #3 to a #1 is going to get you bigger numbers, career-wise.