If Trump loses and refuses to leave

On 8/14/2020 at 4:06 AM, Kemp said:

You're arguing for a youth movement and backing Trump. Sound logic.

I had no idea you were a primary caregiver. That's almost as good as being a psychiatrist or a short-order cook.

wow. What a scumbag thing to say

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

I really went off  on Kemp yesterday and actually softened  what I wrote so I wouldn't be put on "vacation".  

Yesterday , after waking  my mom from a nap at 7 PM  she starts crying and saying she has to get a lawyer so she can stop us kids from taking the house. I spent a good 20 minutes explaining that we pay the taxes when they are due  and the house is paid off over 35 years ago. Also that the house is in trust so they  can't take it if she goes into a nursing home.  Earlier When she was awake in the afternoon  she kept asking who owns the house.  I wish Kemp would  have to experience even a small fraction of this. 

2 hours ago, KRC said:

I feel for you. My FIL passed last month from dementia. My MIL will probably be put on hospice soon with dementia (she has had it for at least 5 years). We are not expecting her to make it through the year. Add to that the settling of the estate for my FIL, the potential loss of Medicaid to pay for my MIL's care (due to the estate), the legal issues associated with everything, the tax implications of everything, etc. It is a full-time job for my wife to handle everything. She gets no help from her brother, so it falls on my wife. I do everything I can to help her, but she is losing her mind.

Stay strong, brother. It is not easy.

Man, God bless you both for what you're dealing with. I have a customer whose in-laws were both suffering from dementia. His wife was taking care of them full time, but ultimately he had to take a leave of absence because of the stress it was putting on his wife. He was fortunate that his employer made certain arrangements for him to take the time he needed, but not everyone is that fortunate. The time, effort and emotional stress was so evident in every phone call we had.

My family will pray for all of you...as well as Kemp, who could certainly stand to have a softer heart, because it takes an immense amount of anger and hate to mock caregivers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:52 AM, Teddy KGB said:

What does this mean ? 

You’re better than these people ? 

You didn’t understand that being a caregiver doesn't make you an expert in everything?

On 8/14/2020 at 7:15 AM, westside2 said:

You live in your mom's basement. Maybe tibs can get you a job at the laundromat. 

That's weak, even for here.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:31 AM, Wacka said:

F U  Kemp. I have to live with it every WAKING MOMENT. I see it all day, every day. Joe Biden is going senile. Telling Cornpop stories, nixing up his sister and wife, etc. Having his els racist statements come out (...you ain't black...).

Yesterday, I had to put up with my mom complaining about flashing lights at 6 PM when I had to put her down for a nap. She's yelling that she couldn't sleep because of it. It was the shadows of the leaves on the trees on her blinds. Even when I put a  towel over it, she insisted they were there. 

Today  I have the complication of the water authority  working on the road right of the house at 7 AM. I may not be a psychiatrist bur I have an advanced degree and  have to  handle  an aged mother with dementia. I think I know more than you do. All you have to decide whether to have your mom bring cheetos or doritos down to the basement.

Hey Wacka.

I just spent over 2 years as the sole caregiver of my wife. 

That doesn't make me a doctor, so peddle your bullsheet elsewhere.

As to the topic at hand, arguing brainpower while backing someone wondering if people should be injected with disinfectant, doesn't exactly support your opinion. 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:44 AM, snafu said:

Even if he were an abject failure at transforming his inheritance into something, he was employing people and contributing to the economy the same way any small or large business does.  Thank goodness people don’t just sock away their inheritances in low interest savings accounts. 

Actually, what he consistently did was hire people and stiff them. Borrow money and stiff the lenders. Steal from charities. Set up scam businesses. 

How did that help anyone except himself?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

More right wing nutbags creating violence and unrest in protests. They just cannot stop resorting to violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/police-fights-break-out-during-georgia-protest.amp

Odd every time their is violence a right wing nutbag is behind it.

From your link:

Several dozen right-wing demonstrators, some waving the Confederate battle flag and many wearing military gear, gathered in downtown Stone Mountain where they faced off against a few hundred counterprotesters, many of whom wore shirts or carried signs expressing support for the Black Lives Matter movement. People in both groups carried rifles. For several hours, there was little visible police presence and things were largely peaceful, aside from some shoving and pushing and spirited arguments.

But just before 1 p.m., fights broke out, with people punching and kicking each other and throwing rocks. That's when police officers in riot gear moved in to disperse the crowds.

By 2 p.m., almost all of the protesters had left the area.

What was your point again?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/15/2020 at 8:40 AM, Wacka said:

I really went off  on Kemp yesterday and actually softened  what I wrote so I wouldn't be put on "vacation".  

Yesterday , after waking  my mom from a nap at 7 PM  she starts crying and saying she has to get a lawyer so she can stop us kids from taking the house. I spent a good 20 minutes explaining that we pay the taxes when they are due  and the house is paid off over 35 years ago. Also that the house is in trust so they  can't take it if she goes into a nursing home.  Earlier When she was awake in the afternoon  she kept asking who owns the house.  I wish Kemp would  have to experience even a small fraction of this. 

...can emphasize with you brother......my late mother lived alone into her 90's and fought me tool and nail...multiple meds screwups....hospitalizations due to internal bleeding and her doc just kept feeding her Oxy and Fentanyl for arthritis (SOB)..multiple falls but wouldn't press the med alert button......finally moved her to assisted living kicking and screaming after we found her on the floor in her feces for six hours.......spent $25+K getting the house ready for sale.....hired a household sale company to get rid of a 60+ year accumulation.....$20+ grand tell you the accumulation......result?...turned me into elder abuse.....you fend that off and make what you think are the best decisions based on all circumstances.....a doped up Fentanyl fall and subsequent surgery caused the cancer cells in her abdomen to spread after bout with bladder cancer that was allegedly cured killing her....I AM with you and eff Kemp...scum........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 8/16/2020 at 7:29 AM, TBBills said:

More right wing nutbags creating violence and unrest in protests. They just cannot stop resorting to violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/police-fights-break-out-during-georgia-protest.amp

Odd every time their is violence a right wing nutbag is behind it.

The fact you are a Tom Brady fan on a Bills website tells me you are not worth listening to.

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The fact you are a Tom Brady fan on a Bills website tells me you are not worth listening to.

Right wing nut bags doesn't know someone can live in TB Florida and be a Bills fan. Always trying to start violence.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Wacka said:

Sleepy Joe is in the early throws of senility.  I am the primary caregiver for my almost 94 year old mom who is senile (at least she knows who I am most of the time) and Joe is about where my mom was about 4 years ago.  She calls me and my brother my dad's name  (he died 30 years ago) or various brothers of hers names sometimes.  She calls my sister various women's names occasionally too.  We have a picture of my dad and her from their Hawaiian vacation  on the table in front of her  to help with her memory (it helps).    Do you want someone in that state  with the nuclear football? I sure don't.  He's got that same stare that my mom gets when her memory doesn't work.

I actually don't doubt that Biden is slowing down.  I have some experience in this area, and I see the same stare and struggle in his eyes that perhaps you do. 

I don't know that he's senile, though.  And I don't know that he's in the early throes of senility.  

What I also see is the dementia "hunch" and confabulation on the part of Trump.  He sounds exactly like my grandfather (minus the racism and hatred) a few years before Lewy body ended his life.  The myopic focus on certain things (television ratings) and the false aggrandizement (Everything I do is the best! I aced a cognitive test a third-grader could easily pass!) are characteristics of early-stage dementia.  Couple that with the physical issues (dragging the foot, inability to raise a glass with one hand) and the obvious concealment of condition (no records of physical released, no explanation for bifurcated physical) and it's fairly obvious to me that Trump is not well. 

All of that said, it is a little sad that these are the nominees produced by the major parties.  Still, the important thing this November is to rid the country of the plague that is Trumpism and Donald Trump.  So I'll vote Biden without remorse or regret.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Could he say it any clearer?

Trump: 'The only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/512424-trump-the-only-way-we-are-going-to-lose-this-election-is-if-the

The supposition of the title of the thread is no longer speculation.

If Trump loses, he WILL dispute the results.

Those here who commented that it's nonsense are wrong. They are now left with two choices. They can still say it won't happen or they will say it SHOULD happen.

Some of these same folks claim to love the Constitution. That's not true and never was true.

Trump wants to remain in power, no matter what the people say. That is the definition of a wannabe dictator. He will do anything to not leave, no matter the damage the country will endure. 

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I actually don't doubt that Biden is slowing down.  I have some experience in this area, and I see the same stare and struggle in his eyes that perhaps you do. 

I don't know that he's senile, though.  And I don't know that he's in the early throes of senility.  

What I also see is the dementia "hunch" and confabulation on the part of Trump.  He sounds exactly like my grandfather (minus the racism and hatred) a few years before Lewy body ended his life.  The myopic focus on certain things (television ratings) and the false aggrandizement (Everything I do is the best! I aced a cognitive test a third-grader could easily pass!) are characteristics of early-stage dementia.  Couple that with the physical issues (dragging the foot, inability to raise a glass with one hand) and the obvious concealment of condition (no records of physical released, no explanation for bifurcated physical) and it's fairly obvious to me that Trump is not well. 

All of that said, it is a little sad that these are the nominees produced by the major parties.  Still, the important thing this November is to rid the country of the plague that is Trumpism and Donald Trump.  So I'll vote Biden without remorse or regret.  

A couple of things. 

1.  Tell me what makes Trump sound like a racist?

2.  So if Biden is not suffering from the onset of dementia (and I agree with you) he’s just always been ***** up in the head?  And if so that speaks volumes for the party that kept electing him and have now picked him as their nominee. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

And the left isn't gearing-up to dispute the election results?  

I would say no , covid is leaving the next president a economic disaster. I would not want to see Biden take the blame to be honest.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Could he say it any clearer?

Trump: 'The only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/512424-trump-the-only-way-we-are-going-to-lose-this-election-is-if-the

The supposition of the title of the thread is no longer speculation.

If Trump loses, he WILL dispute the results.

Those here who commented that it's nonsense are wrong. They are now left with two choices. They can still say it won't happen or they will say it SHOULD happen.

Some of these same folks claim to love the Constitution. That's not true and never was true.

Trump wants to remain in power, no matter what the people say. That is the definition of a wannabe dictator. He will do anything to not leave, no matter the damage the country will endure. 

How would you feel if he loses and contends the election was rigged?  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How would you feel if he loses and contends the election was rigged?  

I'll have confirmation that he wants to be a dictator. 

I believe it was you - maybe I'm wrong - who said you would not back Trump if he does that.

Would you?

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

A couple of things. 

1.  Tell me what makes Trump sound like a racist?

2.  So if Biden is not suffering from the onset of dementia (and I agree with you) he’s just always been ***** up in the head?  And if so that speaks volumes for the party that kept electing him and have now picked him as their nominee. 

“There are good people on both sides.”  

Retweets, i.e., Florida retirement community.  

Hurling paper towels at Puerto Ricans.

The “Wuhan virus.”

Scapegoating Mexico for the spread of the virus that Trump downplayed. 

The renewed birther lies. 

Support for Confederate symbols. 

The ill-timed Tulsa rally. 

And that’s just off the top of my head. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

The “Wuhan virus.”

Whoa. That's a lot of crap in one diaper kid.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, TBBills said:

Right wing nut bags doesn't know someone can live in TN Florida and be a Bills fan. Always trying to start violence.

You live in Tennessee FL? Actually it is funny you call me a right wing nut bag since I am a libertarian, proves that you feel anyone who does not want to turn over rights to the govt is bad. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

And the left isn't gearing-up to dispute the election results?  

Correct. This entire thread is projection -- especially when you consider they still haven't accepted the results of 2016. Projection and fear is all they have left to sell. And the empty headed vessels of the low-informed are eager to lap it up. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Unfortunately for you, it won't be enough. Look on the brightside, it will be great for America!

MAGA!!!!

So it’s MAGA now?  I thought it was KAG . . . But I guess having thought about it, Team Trump realizes that things kind of suck right now, and it’s best to go back to the 2016 trope (notwithstanding the fact that Trump had four years to MAG and, you know, golfed, tweeted, and otherwise failed instead).  

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. This entire thread is projection -- especially when you consider they still haven't accepted the results of 2016. Projection and fear is all they have left to sell. And the empty headed vessels of the low-informed are eager to lap it up. 

Hey!  I used “lap it up” earlier!  Stop copying the libs in your unsuccessful attempts to own the libs!  (Although I appreciate the flattery that comes from your imitation.  Thank you!)

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The post election legal rangling will make Bush/Gore look like a picnic I suspect.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

I'll have confirmation that he wants to be a dictator. 

I believe it was you - maybe I'm wrong - who said you would not back Trump if he does that.

Would you?

I wouldn't back him on this.

Let me ask you how do you feel about the Dems contesting the validity of Trumps election in 2016?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

There are wouldn't you agree?  What sides is he talking about

I wouldn't be surprised if all he saw was a bunch of people in golf carts waving Trump flags.  And someone said "didn't you hear the White Power remark?"  Huh??

Have no clue what you mean here  

The “Wuhan virus.”

That's where it started no?  I see geography whereas you see race.  Huh?  Who's the racist here.

He did?  

This is racism??

This is racism or is it freedom of expression?

What does this have to do with race?

See my responses.  Interesting how you only addressed one of my points.