“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

On 8/14/2020 at 5:57 PM, Chef Jim said:

Mel Brooks has been a favorite of ours forever. The politically incorrect one liners are fantastic. 

The sheriff is a <ding>

What did he say?

The sheriff is a near!!

No blagnammit the sheriff is a <ding>

Hope I wasn’t out of line with the up yours ***** earlier 

How many times have I told you brother to wash up after our weekly cross burnin’s

We’ll take the Chinks and the ***** but not the Irish!

Woof.....dey darker dan us!

And when the sheriff holds himself up is the best!

Latest Blazing Saddles GIFs | Gfycat

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Whoa you almost criticized the dear leader.

Nice work!

Love how the regular 5th Avenue crew here simply keeps on keepin on even after the whole Goodyear thing was shown to be FAKE NEWS - LOL/SMH

I mean Trump is the king of cancel culture - He canceled balancing the budget, canceled paying off the debt, canceled a better health care system, canceled the big FOXX CON plant he golden shoveled with Paul Ryan (LMAO), canceled having Mexico pay for the wall, canceled building most of the wall, canceled getting control of Covid, canceled getting a trade agreement with China, cancelled listening to intelligence about Russian bounties on American soldiers, he wants to cancel voting access, wants to cancel free press...

When he makes a promise....he cancels like no other

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nope. 

Okay...I see a lot of wrongs on this message board, but not having seen Young Frankenstein?

Woof.

It's an opinion thing, but I believe it to be Mel Brook's best, and certainly a top 5 comedy movie of all time. Gene Wilder is at his absolute best. The Man About Town scene, as well as the Gene Hackman blind man scene are comedy at it's finest. By the time you throw in Peter Boyle as the monster, there's not a bad scene in the whole movie.

Run, don't walk, to watch this flick and report back immediately.

2 hours ago, KRC said:

I also agree that he should not stoop to the level of the Democrats.

I agree. This is a very bad look. I wish he'd knock off stuff like this, but it's pretty clear he won't.

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Okay...I see a lot of wrongs on this message board, but not having seen Young Frankenstein?

Woof.

It's an opinion thing, but I believe it to be Mel Brook's best, and certainly a top 5 comedy movie of all time. Gene Wilder is at his absolute best. The Man About Town scene, as well as the Gene Hackman blind man scene are comedy at it's finest. By the time you throw in Peter Boyle as the monster, there's not a bad scene in the whole movie.

Run, don't walk, to watch this flick and report back immediately.

The Inspector Kemp scene is the funniest part of the movie, IMO.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Continuing with Goodyear:

And if it was equally applied, that would be fine,

but, Black Lives Matter is specifically allowed, as is LBGQT.

That makes it unfair.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And if it was equally applied, that would be fine,

but, Black Lives Matter is specifically allowed, as is LBGQT.

That makes it unfair.

That is the part that got people ticked off. They should have gone full-on plain t-shirts and caps if they felt the need to do something. I wouldn't want my employees wearing anything political while at work unless I was in the business of politics, so I definitely see Goodyear wanting to put the kibosh on that. All they had to do is apply it equally.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sadly, yes, he does.

And he ends up his own worst enemy oft times because of it.

He really will have no one else to blame if he loses.  Couldn't have gift wrapped an election any more than this one given Early Onset Joe and backlash from the BLM riots.

All he needs to do is the usual political lip service BS around COVID and STFU about everything else.

But that's who he is....and part of why he beat Crooked Hillary.  He just can't help himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

wwHDyrt.png

If you support BLM, a group who's openly admitted plan is to promote Marxism in the US while  working to destroy the nuclear family, it's fair to ask...ARE you really American? Because BLM absolutely HATES America and everything to do with it and has dedicated itself to destroying what this country stands for.

Sof if Goodyear is good with BLM, then do the math.

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He really will have no one else to blame if he loses.  Couldn't have gift wrapped an election any more than this one given Early Onset Joe and backlash from the BLM riots.

All he needs to do is the usual political lip service BS around COVID and STFU about everything else.

But that's who he is....and part of why he beat Crooked Hillary.  He just can't help himself.

It's sad, but it's true. Just give the usual speeches and let everyone watch Joe puke up his daily tapioca.

If he loses, everyone will know why. Well, everyone but him.

Edited by IDBillzFan

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you support BLM, a group who's openly admitted plan is to promote Marxism in the US while  working to destroy the nuclear family, it's fair to ask...ARE you really American? Because BLM absolutely HATES America and everything to do with it and has dedicated itself to destroying what this country stands for.

Sof if Goodyear is good with BLM, then do the math.

....didn't their "leader" condone riots and looting as "deserved reparations"?......can you better define the "Gimme Crowd"?...............BLM is a fraud.....

• Like (+1) 1

Reference to Kamala Harris as ‘colored’ costs Cleveland radio anchor, 26, his job: reports

“Colored” is considered an outdated term because many people associate it with slavery and the Jim Crow era of racial segregation and disenfranchisement.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reference-to-kamala-harris-as-colored-costs-cleveland-radio-anchor-26-his-job-reports

yikes I did not know colored was a no no , bad ALF

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Reference to Kamala Harris as ‘colored’ costs Cleveland radio anchor, 26, his job: reports

“Colored” is considered an outdated term because many people associate it with slavery and the Jim Crow era of racial segregation and disenfranchisement.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reference-to-kamala-harris-as-colored-costs-cleveland-radio-anchor-26-his-job-reports

yikes I did not know colored was a no no , bad ALF

Someone should tell the NAACP.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, TH3 said:

Love how the regular 5th Avenue crew here simply keeps on keepin on even after the whole Goodyear thing was shown to be FAKE NEWS - LOL/SMH

I mean Trump is the king of cancel culture - He canceled balancing the budget, canceled paying off the debt, canceled a better health care system, canceled the big FOXX CON plant he golden shoveled with Paul Ryan (LMAO), canceled having Mexico pay for the wall, canceled building most of the wall, canceled getting control of Covid, canceled getting a trade agreement with China, cancelled listening to intelligence about Russian bounties on American soldiers, he wants to cancel voting access, wants to cancel free press...

When he makes a promise....he cancels like no other

Did QTrump not Tweet this?

Are on you drugs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

John Muir Is Canceled. Who’s Next?

by John Fund

Original Article

The cancel culture has now reached into every nook and cranny of life. Eskimo Pie, the chocolate-covered ice-cream treat that has been around for a century, will be renamed after critics said the name was insensitive. What’s next? We have a partial answer. Last week, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service. The Sierra Club is “celebrating” the event in an unusual way. It is dumping any association with John Muir, the “father of the national parks” who founded the Sierra Club back in 1892.

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Chuck Todd apparently.  Eating their own..

It probably won't, but it would be REALLY nice if stuff like this would cause journalists to get back to TRYING to report things neutrally.

It also would be really nice if journalism schools would require all students wanting to get into political reporting to have to watch about 200 hours of Tim Russert's MTP to see how that can actually be done.

Edited by Taro T
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

John Muir Is Canceled. Who’s Next?

by John Fund

Original Article

The cancel culture has now reached into every nook and cranny of life. Eskimo Pie, the chocolate-covered ice-cream treat that has been around for a century, will be renamed after critics said the name was insensitive. What’s next? We have a partial answer. Last week, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service. The Sierra Club is “celebrating” the event in an unusual way. It is dumping any association with John Muir, the “father of the national parks” who founded the Sierra Club back in 1892.

I got an email from Squaw Valley ski resort the other day saying they would be changing the name.  But yeah, John Muir is even more absurd....I assume we'll be changing the name of Muir Woods soon.   Maybe they can call it COMMA-la Woods.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I got an email from Squaw Valley ski resort the other day saying they would be changing the name.  But yeah, John Muir is even more absurd....I assume we'll be changing the name of Muir Woods soon.   Maybe they can call it COMMA-la Woods.

Let's go with Robert Woods...heck even Bob Woods would work.
Now about that Squaw Valley...