“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

There-in lies the problem. Everything is and is not cancel culture depending on your perspective. An absolute waste of time.

No.

I think when someone else decides what I, or my kids, can hear or see, because someone is offended.

There-in lies the problem.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I think when someone else decides what I, or my kids, can hear or see, because someone is offended.

Knew you could do it without a link!

First time for everything

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.dailywire.com/news/hollywood-foreign-press-association-board-member-removed-for-sharing-article-that-called-black-lives-matter-a-racist-hate-movement

Hollywood Foreign Press Association Board Member Removed For Sharing Article

That Called Black Lives Matter A ‘Racist Hate Movement’

Truth is the far left's kryptonite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

OSCARS TV ratings plummet to all-time low… ‘Worse than we could imagine’…

Per Nielsen Live+Same Day preliminary national numbers, an average of 9.85 million viewers tuned in on Sunday evening to watch a more intimate and stripped-down version of the Oscars in the midst of a pandemic. That’s a 58.3%, 13.75 million viewer drop-off from last year. The Academy’s third host-less show in a row scored a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast national ratings, a 64.2% dip from 2020.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Consequences.

Florida legislature passes bill pulling tax dollars from the NCAA for boycotting the state over transgender rules

Twitchy reported back on April 12 that the NCAA had confirmed it would pull events from states with bills “banning” trans students from participating in school sports — or at least that’s the way the ACLU reported it. Trans students would still be able to participate in school sports, but on teams according to their biological sex.

Florida is among those states that would face a boycott from the NCAA, which in turn has prompted Florida’s legislature to pass a bill that would prevent tax dollars from going to businesses or organizations that boycott the state.

Edited by B-Man
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 4/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, Unforgiven said:

OSCARS TV ratings plummet to all-time low… ‘Worse than we could imagine’…

Per Nielsen Live+Same Day preliminary national numbers, an average of 9.85 million viewers tuned in on Sunday evening to watch a more intimate and stripped-down version of the Oscars in the midst of a pandemic. That’s a 58.3%, 13.75 million viewer drop-off from last year. The Academy’s third host-less show in a row scored a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast national ratings, a 64.2% dip from 2020.

Well deserved...Hollywood is just as bad as the activists masquerading as “ the media” these days. 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:14 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Well deserved...Hollywood is just as bad as the activists masquerading as “ the media” these days. 

It wouldn't be too hard to argue that Trump has a cancel culture all his own that's a hell of a lot more powerful than hollywood or the media.  

Just now, BillStime said:

Why? The Congressman is being CANCELLED!  What else would you call it?

No (again)

The people in his district are disagreeing with his vote (in this case the one over impeachment)

This kind of thing happens daily across the country,

It is NOT cancel culture..........you apparently are ignorant of the term's history, it is NOT just disagreement and trying to replace someone.

THIS is cancel culture:

You should really (try) and think before you post.

That's good advice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No (again)

The people in his district are disagreeing with his vote (in this case the one over impeachment)

This kind of thing happens daily across the country,

It is NOT cancel culture..........you apparently are ignorant of the term's history, it is NOT just disagreement and trying to replace someone.

THIS is cancel culture:

You should really (try) and think before you post.

That's good advice.

He is being cancelled... spin it how you like... and if you want to control the narrative of threads - go back to your safe place.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:02 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I must be behind... what is the Elon hate about? Because he mainstreamed the electric car

They’re upset because he’s part of the one one thousandth of 1% or something like that. . It’s outrageous! The man is too successful! 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, daz28 said:

It wouldn't be too hard to argue that Trump has a cancel culture all his own that's a hell of a lot more powerful than hollywood or the media.  

I am challenging you if you can come up with something as "cancel culture" from the right as the ATL cop who lost his job without due process for doing his job properly? You might be able to, but I doubt it. That to me is the definition of cancel culture- do as we say, because we say it, or we destroy things.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am challenging you if you can come up with something as "cancel culture" from the right as the ATL cop who lost his job without due process for doing his job properly? You might be able to, but I doubt it. That to me is the definition of cancel culture- do as we say, because we say it, or we destroy things.

Liz Cheney and Anthony Gonzalez say hello Timmmmmmmmmmy! 

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Liz Cheney and Anthony Gonzalez say hello Timmmmmmmmmmy! 

So if Liz Cheney is kept in her position what city will be destroyed? These two are being held responsible for their votes, which is a large part of the definition of being a politician. You have to be a political hack to compare the two.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So if Liz Cheney is kept in her position what city will be destroyed? These two are being held responsible for their votes, which is a large part of the definition of being a politician. You have to be a political hack to compare the two.

Point is cancel culture is not equivalent to criticizing or questioning what politicians or private citizens are doing or saying.  That's been around forever in both civil and uncivil forms.  Much of it protected free speech.  But other than voicing displeasure and the expression of political implications in future elections which is the right of voters to express, I'm not aware of any actions to immediately remove Liz Chaney from office or ruin her ability to make a living or force her to change her views to something other than what she's stated or believes. 

Cancel culture seeks to ostracize and cause tangible harm to people that express views or take actions in conflict with the beliefs or views of SJW/Woke cultists. They seek to intimidate or coerce others like employers to harm or blackball their target in order to cause tangible harm to their victim.  They seem to get off on it too.  At some point this will all come to an end as the majority will tire of their antics and cancel them, perhaps permanently.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Point is cancel culture is not equivalent to criticizing or questioning what politicians or private citizens are doing or saying.  That's been around forever in both civil and uncivil forms.  Much of it protected free speech.  But other than voicing displeasure and the expression of political implications in future elections which is the right of voters to express, I'm not aware of any actions to immediately remove Liz Chaney from office or ruin her ability to make a living or force her to change her views to something other than what she's stated or believes. 

Cancel culture seeks to ostracize and cause tangible harm to people that express views or take actions in conflict with the beliefs or views of SJW/Woke cultists. They seek to intimidate or coerce others like employers to harm or blackball their target in order to cause tangible harm to their victim.  They seem to get off on it too.  At some point this will all come to an end as the majority will tire of their antics and cancel them, perhaps permanently.   

We know.......

Explain that to @BillStime   This appears to be something else we can add to his long list of things he doesn't understand. 

Nike for using Kaepernick in an ad, or when they were throwing their Keurigs out the window because the company pulled their ads from Sean Hannity’s show, or boycotting Busch over an ad about their immigrant founder, or Doritos for releasing limited edition rainbow chips in support of children bullied for their sexual orientation, or Netflix over their Obama deal, or Yeti for dropping the NRA, or the Superbowl over an ad, or Dick's Sporting Goods because they stopped selling assault style weapons, or Air BnB because some resident owners were allowing "refugees" to stay in their homes, or Ben and Jerry's because they said they didn't support the travel ban, or Disney (I can't remember why that one happened, actually... something, something inclusivity?), or Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, Apple, and Instagram (while using these exact platforms to complain) for "silencing conservatives" or having “leftist propagandists” as CEOs, or Kellogg, Johnson & Johnson, and Nestle because they stopped advertising on Breitbart and/or Laura Ingraham's program, or Starbucks because of the “war on Christmas”, or Target because they don't specify what bathroom you must use, and took down the "girls" and "boys" signs by the toys, or Macy’s and Nordstrom’s because they dropped Ivanka Trump’s clothing line (because it wasn’t selling - they weren’t even trying to make a political statement here), or United Airlines, Delta Airlines, REI, Hertz, and Enterprise because they ended their NRA rewards programs, or Amazon because Bezos publicly disapproved of the travel ban, or Marvel because they “promote social justice warriors”, or ESPN because “they should just stick to sports”, 

So those complaining about Snow White and Seuss and everything else, just shut up.  You’re idiots, as are those on the far left trying to close down stuff because it may not completely agree with their political views.  These stupid political stunts are exactly that -stupid.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

We know.......

Explain that to @BillStime   This appears to be something else we can add to his long list of things he doesn't understand. 

I know it’s not convenient but the GQP IS cancelling members of their own party.

You kids spin it however you want... 

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I know it’s not convenient but the GQP IS cancelling members of their own party.

You kids spin it however you want... 

I think it's awesome.  Both parties need a big wake up call. 

Wake me when the Liberals begin to eat their own.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I think it's awesome.  Both parties need a big wake up call. 

Wake me when the Liberals begin to eat their own.  

Your party is canceling its members because they won’t lie about 1/6 - how absolutely disgusting is that? Are you f’n kids?

And you can’t think of a couple recent instances when Dems held their members accountable?

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your party is canceling its members because they won’t lie about 1/6 - how absolutely disgusting is that? Are you f’n kids?

And you can’t think of a couple recent instances when Dems held their members accountable?

My party??  This is the thing you, for some reason, fail to understand though I've said it a million times.  The GOP is not my party.  You can kiss the Dems ass all you like. It just makes you look like a fool.  

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My party??  This is the thing you, for some reason, fail to understand though I've said it a million times.  The GOP is not my party.  You can kiss the Dems ass all you like. It just makes you look like a fool.  

Oh! Another independent! LMAO

More spin - you endorsed what happened on 1/6 - we know where you stand Seditionist Jim! 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh! Another independent! LMAO

More spin - you endorsed what happened on 1/6 - we know where you stand Seditionist Jim! 

No, another conservative who knows both parties are selling us down the road.  Why do you support anyone who cares nothing about you?  That makes you a fool.  

So please tell us all where Chef Jim stands.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

No, another conservative who knows both parties are selling us down the road.  Why do you support anyone who cares nothing about you?  That makes you a fool.  

So please tell us all where Chef Jim stands.  

You’re a fool - lmao