“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, let me get this straight - here is your quote:

I'm talking about leftist attacks that are personalized and targeted to specific individuals.  Attacks that seek to ruin people's lives. 

And I respond with an image of Colin Kaepernick - who was attacked by the right - and you don't LIKE IT?

Too damn bad.

@BillStime 1

Rest of the world 1,252

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, let me get this straight - here is your quote:

I'm talking about leftist attacks that are personalized and targeted to specific individuals.  Attacks that seek to ruin people's lives. 

And I respond with an image of Colin Kaepernick - who was attacked by the right - and you don't LIKE IT?

Too damn bad.

Not so fast! Mr. Kaepernick CHOSE to protest a cause while on the job. Those are actions that he freely took and he knew it when he did it. As a general rule you should not protest causes while at work.  As an employer I can tell you that NONE of my customers wants to deal with your personal causes while dealing with you at work.  In the case of Mr. Kaepernick, he had six other days of the week to take up his causes.  During his free time, he can protest whatever he wants for as long as he wants. 

You are literally full of crap! 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not so fast! Mr. Kaepernick CHOSE to protest a cause while on the job. Those are actions that he freely took and he knew it when he did it. As a general rule you should not protest causes while at work.  As an employer I can tell you that NONE of my customers wants to deal with your personal causes while dealing with you at work.  In the case of Mr. Kaepernick, he had six other days of the week to take up his causes.  During his free time, he can protest whatever he wants for as long as he wants. 

You are literally full of crap! 

Nope 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wrong thread. 

But you knew that. 

At least I hope you knew it. 

Your party wants to cancel our republic - they tried and failed on 1/6 and if given the chance to decertify votes - they will.

Hope you’re proud 

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your party wants to cancel our republic - they tried and failed on 1/6 and if given the chance to decertify votes - they will.

Hope you’re proud 

Cancel the Republic!  😂😂😂

I’m proud they’ve turned you in to a sniveling child. 

Oh wait. I take my pride back. You were a sniveling child long before 1/6. They just kicked you up a few notches. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Cancel the Republic!  😂😂😂

I’m proud they’ve turned you in to a sniveling child. 

Oh wait. I take my pride back. You were a sniveling child long before 1/6. They just kicked you up a few notches. 

LMAO - the GQP already tried it once - why not a second time?

Bryan Cranston condemns ‘cancel culture’

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bryan-cranston-cancel-culture-comments-b1781164.html

Jameela Jamil says cancel culture is a ‘pointless waste of time’

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/jameela-jamil-cancel-culture-jk-rowling-social-media-twitter-a9618361.html

Bob Baffert says Medina Spirit a victim of cancel culture ...

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article251289724.html

10 hours ago — Kentucky Derby winning horse victim of 'cancel culture' after drug test ... 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Now a horse is cancelled?  Do those who keep pounding away at this cancel culture garbage get how stupid that sounds?  Is this really what you think will get votes?  Come on. 

Failed my drug test and didn't get the job - ugh friggin cancel culture 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Now a horse is cancelled?  Do those who keep pounding away at this cancel culture garbage get how stupid that sounds?  Is this really what you think will get votes?  Come on. 

You and I agree on so many things but we definitely disagree here. This latest trend of publicly shunning people for their views (cancel culture) is not a good one. I think you know that...yes?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You and I agree on so many things but we definitely disagree here. This latest trend of publicly shunning people for their views (cancel culture) is not a good one. I think you know that...yes?

Neigh

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is crap that both sides at the extremes of the political spectrum have pulled for years.  Thus fake outrage now from those on the right would be funny if it weren’t so stupid.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is crap that both sides at the extremes of the political spectrum have pulled for years.  Thus fake outrage now from those on the right would be funny if it weren’t so stupid.

I guess we’ll just disagree on this one. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Excuse me? We’re not talking about a horse. Go back in your hole. 

Oh - my bad. I read the term "horse" and understood it to mean "horse."

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Let me correct it...we’re not talking to YOU! 

Maybe you should text him, then.  Or send a private PM.

You're posting on a message board where anyone can respond to any post. 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I guess we’ll just disagree on this one. 

We will indeed.  And yes, it is a horse.  The trainer of the Derby winner is now saying that him getting caught cheating in a horse race is cancel culture.  That is patently absurd.

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Because, as you said, it’s gotten a lot worse.  Now I want you to be honest. Where is it coming from the most the past few years.  Left or right? 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We will indeed.  And yes, it is a horse.  The trainer of the Derby winner is now saying that him getting caught cheating in a horse race is cancel culture.  That is patently absurd.

From your cuss laden responses I’m guessing you were commenting on this topic long before a horse’s trainer got involved. No? And regarding the trainer himself, isn’t just as ridiculous as those claiming racism at every turn? (By the way, I have no idea what the political views are of Bob the Trainer....nor do I care.)

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Because, as you said, it’s gotten a lot worse.  Now I want you to be honest. Where is it coming from the most the past few years.  Left or right? 

Define the years.  Several years ago it was the right trying to boycott the NFL and Target and Keurig and Disney and on and on.  Recently, say the last year for sure,   it is more the left.

Opposite sides of the same coin.  I’m pretty sure the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans used what political clout they felt they had to sway public opinion and put pressure on businesses back in the 1700’s.  The fake outrage of those on the right is ridiculous.

Cheating on a horse race is cancel culture? Do right wing people honestly believe that is somehow going to gain them votes?  Can you not stand up and shout out how absurd that is?

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Who mentioned the horse?

I did.  As an example of the absurdity of this nonsense.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Define the years.  Several years ago it was the right trying to boycott the NFL and Target and Keurig and Disney and on and on.  Recently, say the last year for sure,   it is more the left.

Opposite sides of the same coin.  I’m pretty sure the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans used what political clout they felt they had to sway public opinion and put pressure on businesses back in the 1700’s.  The fake outrage of those on the right is ridiculous.

Cheating on a horse race is cancel culture? Do right wing people honestly believe that is somehow going to gain them votes?  Can you not stand up and shout out how absurd that is?

I did.  As an example of the absurdity of this nonsense.

Define the years?  January 12 2018 at 3:46pm until now. 🙄

So you agree that it’s mostly from the left. Good!  And it’s not been just the past year.  I would consider the first case of it that got the most media attention was the bake shop that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding in Colorado.  That was 2012!  So just because you’ve just now become aware does not mean it has just happened.  

And I know you mentioned the horse.  I was trying to her 716 to realize he was chastising Deek for no reason.  And yes that is an absurd case that few are calling cancel culture. 

Edited by Chef Jim

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Define the years?  January 12 2018 at 3:46pm until now. 🙄

So you agree that it’s mostly from the left. Good!  And it’s not been just the past year.  I would consider the first case of it that got the most media attention was the bake shop that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding in Colorado.  That was 2012!  So just because you’ve just now become aware does not mean it has just happened.  

And I know you mentioned the horse.  I was trying to her 716 to realize he was chastising Deek for no reasim. 

I can't tell if you agree or disagree with me.  Yes, the Colorado stuff was yet another example.  As I stated, you can go back throughout US history to find examples of those of a specific political persuasion trying to influence individuals and businesses towards their political viewpoint.  That is why the right crying and moaning about being "woke" or  "cancel culture" is so ridiculous - they do and have done the same thing.  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I can't tell if you agree or disagree with me.  Yes, the Colorado stuff was yet another example.  As I stated, you can go back throughout US history to find examples of those of a specific political persuasion trying to influence individuals and businesses towards their political viewpoint.  That is why the right crying and moaning about being "woke" or  "cancel culture" is so ridiculous - they do and have done the same thing.  

Good Lord. We are NOT talking about going back through US history.  We are talking about it NOW!  And how it's coming mostly from the LEFT.  Do you agree or disagree that it's not only much more prevalent now but it's much more dangerous?  People are afraid to speak their minds for fear of losing their livelihood.  If you don't understand that then I can't help you.  It's not ridiculous.  

25 minutes ago, 716er said:

Freedom fries

E1E5MHmWYAEUrHw?format=jpg&name=360x360

So add 719er to the list of those that has no idea what the Cancel Culture is all about.