2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The number I hear from polling people whom I trust (and campaign staff) is that he's at 18% now -- that's up 12% (roughly) from what he got in 2016. If that number holds, he wins in a walk. But the projected polls (which sounds like completely horse-hockey to me on its face -- a projection of a poll which is already a projection :lol: ) have some thinking he's going to wind up with over 25% by November. 

That would absolutely be the end of the DNC. 

I'm with you in doubting they're that high... but if they are? Look out. The campaign really wants to eclipse 20% on November 3rd, that's their goal. It looked silly a year ago, now it still looks silly just not as much.

Except it wouldn't be the end of the DNC.  Any gains 45 is making in minority communities is about him & not the GOP.  He's like Reagan was in that regard.  A lot of D's voted for Reagan because they believed his message & they saw how awful the D candidates were as leaders.  But they went back to their own party when the Gipper's term was up.

Would expect some of the people switching sides of the aisle to stay with the new party, but expect most to go back as soon as a more traditional R gets nominated in '24.  The R's would IMHO need to run another outsider in '24 to solidify any gains and can't see any way for the GOP to allow that to happen for 3 full presidential cycles.

Really hoping 45 gets re-elected at this point, for several reasons, not the least of which is wanting to see Spygate to get fully exposed realizing that even in that case come January '25 anything that hasn't been forced into the public sphere won't get exposed.  And, when things go back to normal, expecting the GOP to totally mess up the opportunity they've been given to solidify the gains.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Well, he was pretty much the only person that truly expected 45 would/could become the 45th president before that election.  Not counting a couple of people like Ingraham who also claimed that but who also would've been claiming Dole had a legit chance back in '96.

The D's would be wise to heed his concerns, but doubt they will.

Trump Pulls Closer to Biden After RNC

Post-convention poll shows Trump almost halved national deficit against the Democratic nominee

https://morningconsult.com/2020/08/29/post-rnc-poll-trump-bounce/

Biden very well may win the popular vote in the 49 to 47 range.  He might.  

And Trump will still be president bc a bunch of angry commies in California don't decide elections.  He may lose that state by 4 million votes.  And win by 2 million everywhere else.

#ElectoralMath

There are scenarios where Biden could win the popular vote by 4-5 million votes and still lose. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/14/donald-trump-joe-biden-electoral-college-math-enten-analysis-vpx.cnn

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hilarious!

The Democrats tell the President he can’t hold a convention in a convention center so he says ‘fine, I’ll do it like Creepy Joe and have it at my house....the White House!’...and the Left goes nuts. 

The Democrats tell Americans they have to stay home and not gather in public, so Trump says isn’t that gonna make voting a challenge?... and the Left goes nuts. 

Chuck and Nancy keep getting PLAYED, and coming back for more. Please sir, can I have another?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hilarious!

The Democrats tell the President he can’t hold a convention in a convention center so he says ‘fine, I’ll do it like Creepy Joe and have it at my house....the White House!’...and the Left goes nuts. 

The Democrats tell Americans they have to stay home and not gather in public, so Trump says isn’t that gonna make voting a challenge?... and the Left goes nuts. 

Chuck and Nancy keep getting PLAYED, and coming back for more. Please sir, can I have another?

Wait until the tables are flipped - I will report back to you “Ref”

Edited by BillStime

59 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The democrat internal polling must be crap,

that must be why they are pushing 

the fake “rape” story so hard 

they even lowered the age from 13 to 10

desperation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

desperation. 

"Panic" was the word used by the CA Biden campaign staffers whom I spoke to yesterday. 

No Chance Joe truly has no chance.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Panic? You mean they really thought he had a chance?

It's always interesting for me spending time with that particular friend group. They're all volunteers on the campaign, all involved in local DNC campaigns/organizing. Most are writers or producers in town, a few are academics/professors. The couple we're closest to in that group we've known for years -- yesterday they were telling us that they just got Irish citizenship "just in case" :lol: When I last saw them in person, a few weeks ago, the husband -- who isn't involved in the DNC but is somewhere to the left of Tibs (but with a sense of humor about it) -- was going on and on about how Biden was going to win 40 states by the time the election comes.

So a big swing in just under a month. Yesterday their faces all looked like the CNN panel reacting to the RNC convention 

CNN applauds Melania Trump's speech at RNC: 'Something to be heralded' 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

desperation. 

If it’s fake - why not cooperate and provide DNA?

image.thumb.jpeg.05b5c673a708f8bb6250f318dec7ec2d.jpeg

Just now, RiotAct said:

0.0% chance.

As fun as it would be, I do agree. I thought it was silly a month ago when the campaign people were talking about making a real push for NY. It's still silly sounding to me now, but the campaign seems to think they have a real chance at it. ?‍♂️

On the pure analytical side: If NY is that vulnerable, even if it stays blue, then imagine what that means for states that are more purple, or the popular vote count. I know some pollsters have Trump already with 320 EC votes in his pocket, but now there's talk that he'll get the popular vote as well. Joe's struggling to match Clinton in WI, MN, MI, and PA -- but also in OR, WA, and now (apparently) NY. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As fun as it would be, I do agree. I thought it was silly a month ago when the campaign people were talking about making a real push for NY. It's still silly sounding to me now, but the campaign seems to think they have a real chance at it. ?‍♂️

On the pure analytical side: If NY is that vulnerable, even if it stays blue, then imagine what that means for states that are more purple, or the popular vote count. I know some pollsters have Trump already with 320 EC votes in his pocket, but now there's talk that he'll get the popular vote as well. Joe's struggling to match Clinton in WI, MN, MI, and PA -- but also in OR, WA, and now (apparently) NY. 

There is no way on earth that Trump will win NY or be close even if Joe has a stroke before November. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thing is, could see with all the chaos going on currently and the implicit support many D's have for it and the explicit support that a handful of D's have (looking at you Mssrs. Wheeler & DeBlasio) had for it, can see where non-highly partisan NYers could simply want for the destruction to end & consider not voting for Biden.

BUT, as soon as 45 does something they feel is "outrageous" and he'll have at least 5 tweets between now and the election & probably closer to 20 that are outrageous and they'll have their cover to go back and vote for the previously moderate senile plagiarizer.  Similar to how that idiot Lazio was actually appearing to make the race with Clinton competitive until he had the audacity to "attack" her :rolleyes: on the debate stage by walking over to her podium & handing her a document.

So, while NYS appearing to be in play today may be mildly surprising, really don't see the D's needing to spend any money to turn that trend.  Expect that 45 will take care of that himself for them.  Which stinks, because if 45 could truly be competitive we could possibly maybe see the state senate flip back to R control (or at minimum R plus disaffected D control) and slow our continual slide towards Californication.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Youre getting over your skis a bit there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Trumps most likely 3 new pickups in order I think would be

Minnesota

New Hampshire

Nevada

Minnesota and NH I could totally see, Nevada a little more difficult.   

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's not picking up Nevada after the shenanigans pulled with mail-in voting.

Beat me to it.

No way Nevada's in play.  They'll manufacture as many votes as they need to keep it in Biden's column.