Sign in to follow this  
SDS

RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

You cant cite a percentage and knock that it's based on few carries per game...it's a proportion. If you had said he led the league in fumbles even at 12.5 carries a game it would have made sense. 

He needs to clean it up regardless. 

He doesn't carry much.  He fumbles a lot.  That's simpler I think

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No need for silly hyperbole.

then why are you using so much of it? Diggs is what you *hope* a rookie WR turns into, but you want to draft a chance at becoming Diggs...just curious, what magic stats and ranking makes a WR "Great"?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He doesn't carry much.  He fumlbes a lot.  That's simpler I think

Yes, that's a better way to put it.

I like that he is young, 21.

When you look at our defensive ends, they’re all old.

At 6’5” 280 he gives us some versatility. 

I like the pick. Productive, played at a Big School in a Big Conference. Got better as his career went along.

We need a linebacker too. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'm a big fan of guys who dominate in multiple sports. The fact he was all state in football, basketball, discus, etc. bodes well. Shades of Big Kyle? 

actually his draft profile reads a lot like kyles...nothing fancy...smart player..multi sports talented....   uber dependable and plays 100% to the last second

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Yet, McDermott says they need to be a run-based offense.

Is that what he said, or did he say they need to be able to establish the run? I bet it's the latter. Clearly they're team building with the idea that their offensive identity will be through their passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

then why are you using so much of it? Diggs is what you *hope* a rookie WR turns into, but you want to draft a chance at becoming Diggs...just curious, what magic stats and ranking makes a WR "Great"?

I'm not the one calling Brown, Beasely, Singletary possibly great so I can't answer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Diggs might be a great WR a some point.  Who are the other 2??  Brown and Beasley?  Come on.. 

Great RB?  He had 12.5 caries a game and even at that  led the league in % carries fumbled.

No team has three true #1 caliber receivers just lying around.   Diggs is a #1, Brown and Beasley are good options and 2 and 3.   Many non Bills fans think that this is one of the better trios out there.  Keep in mind what we had at the position in 2017 and 2018.  

We do need a running back at some point, but many good running backs have been drafted in the mid rounds.  

As far as Epenasa, seems safe and not flashy, but McDermott and Beane a good track record on picks so far, so I trust them on this

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That would be good.  Aaron Schobel was one of our most underrated DE's ever, probably because he was a bright spot on an otherwise dismal team(s).

Aaron Schobel was a beast. He used to get crucified because he didn't "hold up well at the point of attack." I like DE's who fly after QB's, but that's just me.

15 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

For those of you hating the pick, watch these highlights then get back to me.

Reminds me of Mario Addison. This is such an amazing cess piece to add to an already scaryyyyy line. He lines up everywhere! How can you hate a DL that can make a day 1 impact at 54?! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Stop. Bruce was all speed and deceptive power.  This guy is a plodder.  He will set the edge and be a solid replacement for Murphy by game 8.  He makes the front 7 younger.  

Still yime to get an OLB and RB

Never said nor dare compared him to my all time favorite Bill. Just threw out the measurables. 

The Bills draft so far:

Stefon Diggs

AJ Epenensa

Looks more than pretty good to me!

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I love all the people saying they preferred someone else, or they don't like the pick, or they would have done x, y, z....I didn't realize there were so many unemployed NFL scouts/GMs here.  Pretty hilarious.

If any one of us actually knew anything we likely would be employed in the NFL.  Some folks know a bit, some don't.  But by and large none of us know squat about NFL talent evaluation.   If we did, we would be working in the NFL.  

Everyone's an expert these days.

Anyone still work for you?  Poor things!

My immediate reaction was unhappy, but I’m coming around to “meh.” They simply got a cheaper version of Shaq Lawson for four years. Several teams are doing the same thing by selecting players at positions they’ve let go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

This guy is a perfect fit for what McDermott likes to do on defense. Long, strong, and great technique. Love the pick and love the value. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1