RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Aaron Schobel was a beast. He used to get crucified because he didn't "hold up well at the point of attack." I like DE's who fly after QB's, but that's just me.

At the very least, New England hated him.  Schobel did well against Matt Light and harassed Brady often enough.  DE's need to be aggressive against the tackle, but have to stay in their lane.  Can't be like Murphy who allows his high motor to get him pushed 20 yards out of the play.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

From the Buffalo News article.  Well we got Diggs and still got Epenesa.  Beane rules!

The Bills probably would have been forced to take the best available edge rusher at 22, either Penn State’s Yetur Gross-Matos or Iowa’s A.J. Epenesa. Would you rather have Diggs? It’s not a hard question. Yes.’

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So you think think when Beane said the Bills need to score more points...you think he was wrong?  Right? Lying?

I can't tell from your post.

I think he definitely believes that.  But maybe, just maybe, he didnt see value in going with a pick on Offense just for the sake of picking Offense with what was available against their draft board.

In your opinion who should the Bills have picked at 54? 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think he definitely believes that.  But maybe, just maybe, he didnt see value in going with a pick on Offense just for the sake of picking Offense with what was available against their draft board.

In your opinion who should the Bills have picked at 54? 

lol I've said it repeatedly.  Scroll up FFS

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I didn't even think about the 55 man roster!

Beane playing 4  D chess out here!

Right!

But for real, they love to rotate their defensive linemen, this only helps. And it’s a key position where they needed to add youth. I’m quite happy with the pick 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

I was being sarcastic. The HC believes his defense can beat great offenses. He’s 3-17 career against playoff teams. More defense leading to wins is a fallacy. 

You can't argue with true believers.  It's wasted breath

I apologize if this was already posted.  Interesting observation from Bleacher Report...

"...several opponents (and teammates) called Epenesa the toughest defender they ever faced, or the second-toughest besides Chase Young."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888450-nfl-draft-2020-day-2-grades-for-every-pick

Just now, Dkollidas said:

Right!

But for real, they love to rotate their defensive linemen, this only helps. And it’s a key position where they needed to add youth. I’m quite happy with the pick 

Same. I'm almost positive McBeane didn't expect him to be there at 54.  Were probably shocked , doing backflips! Lol

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You can't argue with true believers.  It's wasted breath

DE/Edge and RB are the biggest needs right now.  It probably just so happened that Epenesa was also BPA at pick 54.  I'll bet they go RB in round 3, assuming who is there grades out.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

You say a LOT of things repeatedly.  And all negative, contrarian, and uninformed.

But like I said, who should the Bills have drafted?

Dobbins.  Your laziness in intellect matches your laziness in keeping up with conversations you insist on inserting yourself into.