RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The D was top 2/3 last year and they didn't come close to the SB.  If their 2nd round pick keeps their D at that same high level, how does the  get them to the SB?

Hold on stay with me.....

Maybe we clearly like the trajectory of our QB and the offense---plus Diggs, a year of experience with Knox and Singletary, and continuity from the OC to the oline we haven't had in years.  There were 10 new starters last year.  The defense became an underrated problem the last 4 weeks.  We stunk at New England.  And collapsed vs Houston.  

Maybe as it is right now, it's a prolific offense waiting to happen.  If it isn't we're QB hunting next year and you're not going to care that we passed on the 12th WR in the draft.  

If we aren't looking for a QB, we made the playoffs.  So...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Solid but not spectacular...

Cant say I’m surprised that they picked a DE... was their biggest need..

20. EDGE A.J. EPENESA, IOWA

There hasn't been a true power end prospect like Epenesa in quite some time. He won't have the burst or agility of other top prospects, but he's got an elite physical skill set for the position in his own right.

Do tell me why it was not spectacular. Boo!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guy can't help himself.

Roasted...LOL. 

nope

This fell on dead ears sadly.  The point is....you know next to nothing about drafting NFL players.  You question another poster as to why you should listen to them over Beane...and it begs the question why should we listen to YOU over Beane?  The answer is we shouldn't.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

If you cant see that Smoke had an excellent season last year in Buffalo.....you are lost

If you cant see that Devin is a productive back.....you are lost

If you mean Singletary was productive when he was put on the field, OK.  But at his carries per game (26th in the league) resulting in 17th in ypg and 24th in total yards----it's not unreasonable to conclude he wasn't very productive.  You would argue otherwise, of course.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Safe pick for a milquetoast regime.

In which decade are we going to try to score points?

Haven’t you heard? Defense wins championships.  Those 4 DTs and 4 DEs acquired in UFA or the draft since 2018 will win the 13-10 games McD hopes for each week. 

There hasn't been a true power end prospect like Epenesa in quite some time. He won't have the burst or agility of other top prospects, but he's got an elite physical skill set for the position in his own right.

A+ and suck it. Didn't think he'd be here. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hold on stay with me.....

Maybe we clearly like the trajectory of our QB and the offense---plus Diggs, a year of experience with Knox and Singletary, and continuity from the OC to the oline we haven't had in years.  There were 10 new starters last year.  The defense became an underrated problem the last 4 weeks.  We stunk at New England.  And collapsed vs Houston.  

Maybe as it is right now, it's a prolific offense waiting to happen.  If it isn't we're QB hunting next year and you're not going to care that we passed on the 12th WR in the draft.  

If we aren't looking for a QB, we made the playoffs.  So...

OK.

Many here are arguing as though it has already happened.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure what 1998 was, but everybody who watched the Bills knows their struggle to score is what limited their advancement.  This isn't even a bit difficult to understand.

I meant 1996 when our GM lied every day for a month about what we wanted and then took Moulds. But we did improve our offense by adding a top 10 WR and more line depth. I agree with you our offense was not SB worthy last year but once again no one at 54 would have been the difference maker this year.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

OK.

Many here are arguing as though it has already happened.

Are you stating my stating we have some of the pieces is arguing " it already happened"? That is just dishonest.

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This fell on dead ears sadly.  The point is....you know next to nothing about drafting NFL players.  You question another poster as to why you should listen to them over Beane...and it begs the question why should we listen to YOU over Beane?  The answer is we shouldn't.

So you think think when Beane said the Bills need to score more points...you think he was wrong?  Right? Lying?

I can't tell from your post.

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

A+ and suck it. Didn't think he'd be here. 

In a few years when they do that "draft revisit" thing, AJ will be a 1st round pick in the do-over.

• Like (+1) 1

54. Bills: EDGE AJ Epenesa, Iowa

Grade: A. Intimidating size and length. Stellar hand-work. Stud run stopper. Power player. Legit DE/DT versatility. Average athlete for DE spot. High-end athlete for DT spot. Bills needed more youth at DE. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis-for-every-second-round-pick/

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Do tell me why it was not spectacular. Boo!!!

What does this prove? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I meant 1996 when our GM lied every day for a month about what we wanted and then took Moulds. But we did improve our offense by adding a top 10 WR and more line depth. I agree with you our offense was not SB worthy last year but once again no one at 54 would have been the difference maker this year.

Are you stating my stating we have some of the pieces is arguing " it already happened"? That is just dishonest.

Dobbins