RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Sorry I would have rather of kept Shaq and taken chance on somebody who can it really help us more this year or develop into a great pass rusher. 

If there was no salary cap, that would be a better option.

If this guys is as good as Shaq, it's a win.  Shaq got paid this year, in a big way.

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

How many starts is this guy even going to get next season ? 

Ed Oliver hardly played last season and he was a 1st round pick. I don’t understand taking another rotational DL guy 

The youngest DE on the roster is 30

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Sorry I would have rather of kept Shaq and taken chance on somebody who can it really help us more this year or develop into a great pass rusher. 

Why can't a dude who had double digit sacks 3 years in a row and dominated top tackles develop into a great NFL pass rusher?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What will be his immediate impact on a D that only allowed 16 points?

D that just lost two of its best pass rushers. Our current team building philosophy of drafting defenders and signing/trading for offensive players is a good one IMO. McD's specialty is defense, and it makes sense that he'll have a much better hit rate on developing defensive prospects.   

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

How many starts is this guy even going to get next season ? 

Ed Oliver hardly played last season and he was a 1st round pick. I don’t understand taking another rotational DL guy 

No one we drafted there starts next year without injuries- he will start in two years and be a 3 down end by year three. He is a good pick at that point and will get on the field this year.

Just now, VW82 said:

D that just lost two of its best pass rushers. Our current team building philosophy of drafting defenders and signing/trading for offensive players is a good one IMO. McD's specialty is defense, and it makes sense that he'll have a much better hit rate on developing defensive prospects.   

They need to score points.  His 3 draft before this one have proven this.  Even Beane figured this out at some point

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

actually PFF had him ranked 20th overall.....so we like them now..lol

HAD being the key word in that statement. After the Bills drafted him they had to uodate their rankings.