2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be awful timing if it happens because Dak’s brother died yesterday at 31

Unfortunate, but can't base roster decisions on that kind of stuff.

I'm in a serious conundrum at the Bills' pick now... 

Dantzler is there at CB, who I love for us. Akers is there. Dugger and Chinn are both there. Hamler, Higgins, and Shenault are all there too...

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would go Mims personally if it is a WR. 

I’m praying for Mims but he is another one that will be picked in the first 10 picks. With the Bears picking twice before us  I wouldn’t be surprised if they took 2 WR’s. Mims is all I hear about on the radio right now in Chicago 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m praying for Mims but he is another one that will be picked in the first 10 picks. With the Bears picking twice before us  I wouldn’t be surprised if they took 2 WR’s. Mims is all I hear about on the radio right now in Chicago 

Jets are also all but guaranteed to be taking a WR before us. 

Im in this conundrum where I hope a WR falls to us, but also don’t want any to fall to the Jets....who draft before us. 

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m praying for Mims but he is another one that will be picked in the first 10 picks. With the Bears picking twice before I wouldn’t be surprised if they took 2 WR’s. Mims is all I hear about on the radio right now in Chicago 

Agree teams that could really use WRs.

Colts 2 picks before us

Lions

Patriots

MIA

JAX

CHI 2 picks before us

BUCs

JETS

So I think you are going to see another little run on WRs before we get on the clock

But maybe Viska is still sitting there at 54.  I would have took him at 22 a month ago I think I still would take him at 54.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets are also all but guaranteed to be taking a WR before us. 

Im in this conundrum where I hope a WR falls to us, but also don’t want any to fall to the Jets....who draft before us. 

The Jets have so many roster holes I wouldn’t bet on them taking a WR there 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Douglas is true to his word from last night, he said their mission is to put Sam in the best position possible I think they are going offense again.  Their needs on Offense include...

WR - Top Need and need 2 of them

IOL

Took the OT

TE

RB

So I could see getting Sams old WR and take Pittman Jr (if there) but I think they are going Weapon for Sam this round

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perhaps, but if I’m the Jets, I need to see what I have in Darnold this year.  Their OL now has the potential to be middle of the pack and they have Bell, but that WR room is awful.  It wasn’t good last year and they downgraded from Anderson to Perriman. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree teams that could really use WRs.

Colts 2 picks before us

Lions

Patriots

MIA

JAX

CHI 2 picks before us

BUCs

JETS

So I think you are going to see another little run on WRs before we get on the clock

Drafting for value/need I'm getting different results, but my 1st round was only okay lol.

I've got:

Colts going Mims at 34, Diggs at 44

Lions going YGM (or Baun, or Epenesa)

Patriots going Baun (or YGM, or Epenesa)

Miami going Swift

Jax going Delpit

Bears going Johnson (cb) at 43 and Dobbins at 50

Bucs going Jon Taylor 

Jets going Epenesa (or YGM, or Baun)

I've got Hamler, Higgins, Pittman, and Shenault sitting there at 54. Feel free to swap them with any of my assumptions, but that just means another good player falls to us instead (ygm, Epenesa, or Baun please!)

Went BPA with every pick here. 54 was tough with a lot of good options available. Makes me really excited that see what Brand does there. This draft is pretty unrealistic in the sheer number of offensive guys, but can you imagine how good our playmakers could be next year, and in the future? Diggs, Brown, Bease, Pittman, and Gandy-Golden is a helluva top5. I think we would keep McKenzie and Roberts. Akers + Singletary is a nice 1-2 punch, and there is a lot of potential between Knox and Okwuegbunam. 

Buffalo_Bills_logo.svg.png
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Still wanting either an Edge, RB or WR at #54. 

Hoping for a few "boneheaded" picks (you hear me BOB) and runs on the other positions.

If an Edge is not taken high I don't think a lower pick DE has a chance to move any of the current DEs off the roster.

So if Beane wants an Edge he should do it early!

S depth is needed but I trust Beane and McDermott to find a good one lower in the draft.

CB2 is tricky for me.  Definitely need a long time starter but with the moves they have done I'm thinking that they are thinking

they can get thru this year with what they got and get a good starter next year.

I know Josh Norman is not ideal but I have a hard time thinking they are going to pay him $6 million this year to be a backup.

IF Beane moves up it will be only a couple spots at most using a 5th but I see him staying at 54.

All that being said i could be 100% totally wrong but I will enjoy seeing what Beane does tonight!

I've got:

R2:  RB Cam Akers, Florida State

R3:  DT Justin Madubuike, Texas AM

R4:  CB Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

R5:  OG John Simpson, Clemson

R6:  S Brandon Jones, Texas

R6:  WR Collin Johnson, Texas

R7:  EDGE Afernee Jennings, Alabama

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If that’s the case hopefully it’s Chinn.  He’s the much better prospect 

Dugger is 24 and Chinn is 22.  That is a big consideration when comparing prospects in any sport.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I expect a big-time run on RBs in the first half of round 2

Could be!  Actually I'm very surprised that E-Helaire went first!

I wonder which teams are RB-needy ahead of us?

Anyone know this?

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Could be!  Actually I'm very surprised that E-Helaire went first!

I wonder which teams are RB-needy ahead of us?

Anyone know this?

I would say that any or all of the following could look at a RB:

Detroit

Miami

Jacksonville

TB

Atlanta

LAR

All pick before Buffalo.

Personally I see the following that could be contenders to take a RB:

MIAMI 

JACKSONVILLE

TAMPA BAY

ATLANTA

LA RAMS

I'll be watching these teams....  Hoping for Cam Akers at 54.

Edited by Yantha
accuracy..