Von Miller tests positive for Covid 19

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Jay Glazer really missed out on this one.

Being that he is well over three feet tall, he misses out on a lot...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

jumpin’ the gun a little, doncha think? A full, quick recovery should be anticipated as he’s in fantastic health otherwise and has the wherewithal to receive the best treatment. That’s 2 known NFL cases. How many players are there? How many more people are around these guys in their professional life circle? Current standard is 14 days quarantine with treatment and 2 negative tests. 

Hardly speaks to shutting it all down for a year.

but what do I know..?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

jumpin’ the gun a little, doncha think? A full, quick recovery should be anticipated as he’s in fantastic health otherwise and has the wherewithal to receive the best treatment. That’s 2 known NFL cases. How many players are there? How many more people are around these guys in their professional life circle? Current standard is 14 days quarantine with treatment and 2 negative tests. 

but what do I know..?‍♂️

You never know, crazier things have happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did or at least postpone it for the time being

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You never know, crazier things have happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did or at least postpone it for the time being

No, doomsday boy, crazier things HAVEN’T happened.

Take a zanex and go to bed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

but what do I know..?‍♂️

One more NFL player testing positive does not strike me as shocking news. It also does not tell me how the NFL will handle next season. I’m very concerned, but will try to remain hopeful. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah this doesnt mean there will be season. Its not even summer yet and the Corona Virus is already on tbe down slope.

kmart, no it’s not.  I’m not hair on fire, but hasn’t even hit the peak.  Doesn’t mean we won’t have a season, but I’m worried about loved ones and friends not getting it.  If fortunate, it will drop, but it hasn’t yet.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

but what do I know..?‍♂️

Actually he’s got asthma , 

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

His comment is relevant to COVID-19. Asthmatics are at greater risk.

My wife has asthma it’s a scares the hell out of me every time I need to leave the house ,

when I come home after work I get undressed outside and go straight in to the shower ,,, it’s really scary for people who’s got respiratory issues 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Putin said:

My wife has asthma it’s a scares the hell out of me every time I need to leave the house ,

when I come home after work I get undressed outside and go straight in to the shower ,,, it’s really scary for people who’s got respiratory issues 

Time to reconnect with an old flame on facebook and get a little fresh trim on the side, Vlad.

Covering your tracks will never be this easy.

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Jay Glazer really missed out on this one.

What? I thought he was teasing a primetime special tomorrow night to break his BIG NEWS! He obviously doesn't care if it is actually news.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

One more NFL player testing positive does not strike me as shocking news. It also does not tell me how the NFL will handle next season. I’m very concerned, but will try to remain hopeful. 

At this point, nobody really can say for sure what will happen. With that said, I will be a bit surprised if the season starts on time.

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

WTF? Where do you live?

If they start lifting restrictions soon here, i can tell you I'm not jumping in with both feet. I have too many very elderly/sick clients to consider. I'd think they should "ease" things back to normal, as a first step, and advise people to continue to try to keep their distance and avoid unnecessary social interaction.

You know, just north of you in Jacksonville. Yes, it’s unsettling to see though I understand the cabin fever.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hanging out at the kiddie park again? I thought you were warned about that! 

PRICK! My place backs up to the park and I’m on my patio havin’ a smoke.

but yes, I’ve been warned before..

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You know, just north of you in Jacksonville. Yes, it’s unsettling to see though I understand the cabin fever.

PRICK! My place backs up to the park and I’m on my patio havin’ a smoke.

but yes, I’ve been warned before..

Clearly, you bought for location, location, location! 

Keep your distance from all those little kids (and their parents!)  touching the same stuff at once. They still have crime tape up around playgrounds here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Clearly, you bought for location, location, location! 

Keep your distance from all those little kids (and their parents!)  touching the same stuff at once. They still have crime tape up around playgrounds here. 

Specifically the young Moms. I feared they’d all be bearded with hairy armpits and warts showing by now. 

Not the case at all!

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Specifically the young Moms. I feared they’d all be bearded with hairy armpits and warts showing by now. 

Not the case at all!

I’m concerned (but impressed!) that you noticed and brought that up first. The moms might revert to hairy armpits and fake warts to keep you at bay! Lots of crazy people these days! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I’m concerned (but impressed!) that you noticed and brought that up first. The moms might revert to hairy armpits and fake warts to keep you at bay! Lots of crazy people these days! 

I surrender, Officer.

On a semi-related note, my son was recently hired by the WWE and wrestles Saturday in Orlando. It’ll be with green screens so they can put up graphics, etc as no fans will be in attendance. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yeah, I think you’re right. There will be zero medical advancements until the season starts. Let’s cancel it today because of this. RIP Von!

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

SEE?!? Now this is how rumors get started!?

Rumors are started by repeating what is said by fools.

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I surrender, Officer.

On a semi-related note, my son was recently hired by the WWE and wrestles Saturday in Orlando. It’ll be with green screens so they can put up graphics, etc as no fans will be in attendance. 

Are you a fan? If so at least one fan will be there even if you are working.

As far as the season is concerned, all that needs to happen is for every player to exercise self discipline with social distancing and diligent washing of hands.  If Von Miller has been around any teammates, they need to self quarantine.  If they do that, this can be nipped in the bud.  

37 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I surrender, Officer.

If they can keep the players relatively safe, this will happen. Green screens, Jags style tarps, whatever....make it work! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

As far as the season is concerned, all that needs to happen is for every player to exercise self discipline with social distancing and diligent washing of hands.  If Von Miller has been around any teammates, they need to self quarantine.  If they do that, this can be nipped in the bud.  

FWIW he lives here in Colorado (south Denver) and the local news just had a spot on this.

He's suppose to talk to the press tomorrow about his situation.  I'm sure someone will ask if he could of spread it to teammates.

Health wise the reports are he is doing fine so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Sorry for your loss. I don’t remember anyone saying they had it figuered out. That’s why we laughed at the folks who want to kiss life goodbye for months on end. 

No one knows where it’s headed good or bad. They will play with or without fans. The NFL can’t afford to miss a full season. Careers are short, players very rarely take a year off then come back and play as good as they once did. The timing gives them an advantage over all the other sports, they are formulating a best/worst case scenario, I’d bet both scenarios include games being played.

It may pan out as you say game wise, we can only hope so, but when push comes to shove football and other sports are so unimportant that they won’t even make the list of what needs to be protected. A lot of fans  seem to have a myopic view concerning this virus issue.  

The best case scenarios I have read about is the general public not seeing a vaccine till next spring if all things go as hoped for,  Only front line health workers would see something sooner, but only under emergency conditions. This is serious, like big boy pants serious. Remember virus cases leveling out and the virus being under control are two separate things. It is not under control by a long shot. 

There is a highly probable chance there will be no sports, being that the individual states governors get the say on when they open up for any size gatherings of people. It’s a constitutional states powers deal. One shut down is really bad, having to do it a second time because we Fuh Ked it up would take a decade to recover from. Fingers crossed that this all works it’s way out quickly ?

Go Bills!!! Be smart and stay healthy Bills Nation!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1