Bills Restructure Kroft

Just now, junior12thman92 said:

Can someone please explain this in simple terms/what this indicates? 

Is the main value of this that we don't have him on the books for 2021-22? Why not just cut him?

Just means they want him on the team this season I would guess. Basically turned his contract into a 1 year prove it deal. 
Benefits the team and gives Kroft a chance to get paid next offseason. 
Never hurts to have experienced players on the team. To me it says Lee Smith could be the one cut or maybe they don’t think as highly of Sweeney as we do or Beane let on. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

And what if he has a awesome year? I don't get this move 

Knox is the future as of now. 
I have been a big Kroft supporter since before he signed but he doesn’t have half the talent Knox does. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Knox is the future as of now. 
I have been a big Kroft supporter since before he signed but he doesn’t have half the talent Knox does. 

I like it. I think it’s pretty fair given his injury concern, these one year deal gives him a chance to step up and be awesome like you say. Then the onus goes back to Beane to determine his worth. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like this move...he either delivers a reason to keep him this year, or he is done and off the books right after.  Kroft benefits getting guaranteed money with his injury history.  Win Win here.  Another great move by Beane.  

Honestly, odds are he will be gone by 2021 anyway, Knox is our future most likely assuming he shows improvement this year of course.  

• Like (+1) 6

Its impossible to judge Kroft in Buffalo after the injuries. Brandon Beane is not stupid if he truly sucks like many here believe he would have been waived.

Give it some more time....Its not your money anyway..

I am glad they worked something out.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Basically the Bills guaranteed his contract this year of 3.6 million out of the paycut. Got rid of the 3rd year so basically the Bills have him more guaranteed money probably locking him in from 2020 but have the flexibility to get out from under his contract

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Can someone please explain this in simple terms/what this indicates? 

Is the main value of this that we don't have him on the books for 2021-22? Why not just cut him?

it means they’re giving him 1 more chance basically. They’re not ready to cut him. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He’s a bust.   

I think so but now they get a chance to see what he has to offer in camp and kick the tires before cutting him. In fact they get less dead cap if they cut him late in camp than they would if they just cut him outright.