Bills Restructure Kroft

3 hours ago, wppete said:

I have a feeling Beane has something big up his sleeve in FA or a big trade!!!! He is freeing up even more money. Can’t wait till Wednesday!

Him and Star can conceivably be used as trade bate now (not sure of the market value), but it also allows us to sign their longer term replacements and allow us to either keep them for great depth for a run or are  they are now very cut able. Great move again

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For a FO that values availability, this is a head scratching move. He should have been cut outright with whatever financial implication that brought. 

Gives more flexibility with the contract though perhaps tradable now?

i am not concerned about the te position we drafted 2 good ones last year

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gives more flexibility with the contract though perhaps tradable now?

i am not concerned about the te position we drafted 2 good ones last year

Which team would want to trade anything for Kroft ? Perhaps he is tradable from a contractual standpoint, but practically he will have little to no value in the trade market. 

As for stability at the TE position, I need to see more from Knox to declare victory at that position. I hope the drops were due to his over-exuberance as a rook and not due to a chronic issue. I am always one to tell you that we cannot have superstars at multiple spots on a team but I wouldnt mind acquiring a reliable TE who is at the sunset of his career and can help Allen with a reliable option on critical downs. ("who" you ask ? "I am too lazy to look" I say)

Kroft snagged that TD pass in Pittsburgh to win the game. Hell of a route, great catch.  The guy has talent, let's see if he can stay healthy.  He's got one more shot.  He knows he's on the clock.  I don't have a problem with this move at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Which team would want to trade anything for Kroft ? Perhaps he is tradable from a contractual standpoint, but practically he will have little to no value in the trade market. 

As for stability at the TE position, I need to see more from Knox to declare victory at that position. I hope the drops were due to his over-exuberance as a rook and not due to a chronic issue. I am always one to tell you that we cannot have superstars at multiple spots on a team but I wouldnt mind acquiring a reliable TE who is at the sunset of his career and can help Allen with a reliable option on critical downs. ("who" you ask ? "I am too lazy to look" I say)

I am just not concerned about it because of Knox and sweeney

if we were counting on Kroft I would be more concerned

we need wide receivers

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Can someone please explain this in simple terms/what this indicates? 

Is the main value of this that we don't have him on the books for 2021-22? Why not just cut him?

Prove it deal- if not c ya. Cutting him outright is a larger cap hit.

My guess is they are saying they want him to compete for the TE3 role and keep him as insurance if we can't sign another TE in FA. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

This will be his 6th year in the league. He has one complete season, where he maxed out at 400 yards.  He's been on IR on 2 teams.

What else would you need to declare failure?

So even if they declare failure, they still save $ when they cut him. Why don't you like cap savings???

5 hours ago, wppete said:

I have a feeling Beane has something big up his sleeve in FA or a big trade!!!! He is freeing up even more money. Can’t wait till Wednesday!

I gotta agree. All these deals are team friendly and strategic.  Can't wait to see how things work out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Ugh. Dude should be cut.

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

No Thanks. Cut him. Our front office is too nice. This is football. 

And why is there urgency to do that? Let him go to camp and if he doesn't produce they can cut him then.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I don’t see a tight end being drafted or a free agent brought in this offseason.  I think they roll with Knox, Kroft, Smith, Sweeney and maybe bring Croom back.  

I think there is a good chance they pick one up on day 3. There are a few boom or bust and developmental type TEs who will be there in the 5th.