Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So, the Bills draft strategy is now.........................

backup RB

4th WR

pure edge rusher

another CB

developmental OT

And they have 7 picks to accomplish this.

How can anyone complain?

And they still might not be done in FA.

I would throw safety depth in there.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So, the Bills draft strategy is now.........................

backup RB

4th WR

pure edge rusher

another CB

developmental OT

And they have 7 picks to accomplish this.

How can anyone complain?

And they still might not be done in FA.

I'm guessing safety. A lot of these signings are 2 year deals....Hype and poyer will need to be replaced in a couple of years so i can see a safety drafted. I would like Freeman as backup RB good goal line, short yardage back

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I remember really wanting us to draft Butler. 

Carolina fans on twitter say he sucks. I wanted him in the draft too, but I haven’t followed him in the NFL. Had 6 sacks in 2019. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm guessing safety. A lot of these signings are 2 year deals....Hype and poyer will need to be replaced in a couple of years so i can see a safety drafted. I would like Freeman as backup RB good goal line, short yardage back

Will be keeping my eye on Donovan Peoples Jones 

I find it interesting that Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson signed at the same time pretty much. 

Last year Beasley and Brown signed at the same time. If I recall correctly, Beane said something like he wanted them both at the same time so the signing of one of them wouldn’t scare off the other one. 

He must have done the same thing here with the DTs and speaks to the organization level that he executes things at. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think Kyle Dugger with our 2nd round pick is a possibility now. 

• Like (+1) 2

Looking at what was still available from that graphic earlier...Daryl Williams from Carolina as a G/T is always a possibility, I'd love to add a safety like Karl Joseph(special teams heavy hitter, can play both FS/SS), still lots of DT available including McCoy, Poe, Joseph, Harrison, Suh. You could probably still add a decent corner too

1 hour ago, nucci said:

He’s too similar to Singletary imo