Limeaid

My mother died last night

Condolences @Limeaid, always tough. But i hope you take solace in the fact she was ready, hope i have the same courage 

14 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Very sorry for you Limeaid.  I'm glad she received Communion and Anointing of the Sick before she passed

Shortly before my father passed the kids were taking turns staying with him at the hospital. My sister texted an update including that the priest had come in for “an annoying prayer”.  Autocorrect is not always your friend. 

When my father got to hospice they basically asked us to leave and go get dinner. “Sometimes they hang on as long as family is here.” Shortly after we got home we got the call. I am convinced they jacked up the morphine. We had all said our goodbyes as we left, and I have zero problem with what I suspect they did. There was no coming back from where he was. Sometimes it seems we treat our pets better than people. He had suffered long enough, and it was time for him to be home. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. 

Condolences and prayers offered.

We lost my mom just over 5 years ago to cancer of the pancreatic region (at a node from which it spread). She had decided to be mostly at home though there were a few hospital stays for issues. I handled meds including morphine for the final few days when she went downhill quickly, dosing as the doctors said, and we finally had hospice person come the final night so I could have what turned out to be a two hour nap (I literally hadn’t slept for the previous five days; wasn’t able to even with meds). My oldest brother wasn’t there when she passed and I think he still beats himself up over it for going to work instead of coming. But in many ways, it was probably for the best for him, with ptsd issues from long military service. It’s rough not having had contact and to say last goodbyes and I love yous due of all things to technical issues. But no doubt — NO doubt —she knew she was in your heart and you were in hers. 

Sorry for your lost, sincerest condolences, never easy to lose a parent or loved one.   

Edited by Alphadawg7

God bless you Mom!  Thanks for sharing your grief with us. Take care, Limeade. 

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am sure you did.  My condolances.

I would have liked to have talked to her using facetime (?) over phone and my brother said he would try to arrange it.  She had trouble with hearing cell phone ring so I have not been able to talk to her this year.

I was making plans to see her in hospice this weekend but she never made it there so I am going to Blasdell anyways just more urgently so I can be at funeral on time.

Blessings on your Mom, you and your family.

Condolences to you and yours.

Sorry for your loss.  The only good thing I ever seem to make positive out of hearing of death, is to remind myself to live every day to the fullest.  I hope you can do that too.   

Edited by Irv

So sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my mom unexpectedly last year and I still haven’t properly grieved. 

Sending thoughts of healing your way.

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

She has been in Elderwood Assisted Living in Hamburg for a while but her health has gotten worse and worse.  She has had a "Do not resuscitate order" for a while with diabetes, heart, lung and other issues.  She was hospital for breathing issues and they discovered it was due to anemia and has been giving blood but they also discovered something, probably cancer, on liver.  My mother said she would be willing to try radiation therapy but not chemo but later changed her mind and said she just wanted to go home and she meant Heaven.  She was given communion and I assume last rights and given morphine until she was able to transferred to a hospice.  He never made it; she was given morphine at midnight and when nurse checked at 2 am her eyes were open but she had died.

Dying in hospital means it does not require autopsy.  I am unable to handle the drive alone, certainly not at short notice without staying in hotel on way, so after my wife gets off work Friday we will drive up, get a few hours sleep and go to funeral.   Stay day and drive back on Sunday.  I wish I was able to talk to my mom but she could not hear cell phone, does not text and I have not been able to be in touch with her this year despite multiple calls.  I know she has been uncomfortable constantly in hospital last few years so I hope now she is at peace.

I'm sorry for your loss.  RIP to your mother.

May your mother rest in peace and may you find peace as you deal with this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss.  Lost my dad 30 years ago. My mom is going downhill.

Condolences Limeaid, sorry for your loss.

Your Mother is in a better place and if she was in pain, she no longer is.

God Bless

Sorry man, I know the feeling I lost my Mother about 3 years ago to Lung Cancer...wasnt even the Cancer that killed her it was the Chemo that did her in....Sucks and i know....God bless you and your family.